Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Has everyone in the UK moved yet?

Search this Thread

Old 21 January 2004, 10:52 AM
SideShowBob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And if not, could anyone who hasn’t please hurry up and do so! This may plug the never ending stream of programs on TV that show us people we have never met moving house.

I work shifts, so usually end up with a few days off during the week, and no matter how hard you try to fill them, you end up watching telly quite a bit.
I just cant fathom how many shows there are on moving house, building a house, doing a house up..…its ridiculous!! All that’s missing is a Lets Blow Up Your House show, which I may be interested in.

So, if there’s anyone in the UK who hasn’t mdf’d their house floor to ceiling, or moved yet, would you just do it please, so no more of these programs can be made.
Oh wait, there’s a few on buying overseas too, so you’ll all need to buy a property in Spain too.

Im going to go mental if TV continues to focus almost exclusively on other peoples houses!! What ever happened to TV programs??? Something where they actually require writers and directors, and even a story??? It wouldn’t be so bad if evening telly was any different, but it just moves from watching some strangers move to watching strangers get their hair cut, or sit in a house, or not sleep for a few days, god, I wish I could get Sky…..
Old 21 January 2004, 11:07 AM
Butkus
Scooby Regular

god, I wish I could get Sky…..
Which is where all the repeats of the above programs are shown...thrice daily
Old 21 January 2004, 11:26 AM
Luke C
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This unfortuately is very true! I only ever use sky for the sport now...........everything else is utter tripe!!!

The whole 'reality TV' type thing has still not worn off. TV for the masses of brainless idiots I say. I really dont see how anybody could enjoy watching the swiss family stupid buying a hovel in grimsby. Oh and another thing why would anybody want the embarrasment of a flouncy velvet wearing nice boy prancing round their house turning it into a full on poof pad! Not only that but the whole nation can watch you say 'hmmmm yes thats really nice', obviously they edit out the part where the house owners then take out a lawsuit for wrecking their home.

Reality TV really annoys me, ok you may say well you dont have to watch it but and a BIG but (no offence J-LO!) there is nothing else on unless you like snooker, a bad david hasselhoff film that never made it to cinema or a repeat episode of the smurfs.

What other rubish could make someone like JADE from big brother famous? She now even has her own bloody fitness video! Famous for what? Famous for being annoyingly stupid, about as attractive as a kick in the spuds and giving some random guy a handjob on TV.

Anyway, Ill shutup now.

Actually im just anxious because i want my scooby!!!

Sill another month to go :-(

Im actually quite a nice guy (ish)

Cheers

Luke
Old 21 January 2004, 12:02 PM
Nox
Scooby Regular

It's like store cards. The people watch these shows so the suppilers think we need more of them and so show more!!
It will get even worse with things like sky plus, where all your viewing habits will be kept, and they will even be able to send programmes to you!

All this digital tv is meant to give you more choice, but it actually takes it away!

[Edited by Nox - 1/21/2004 12:03:23 PM]
Old 21 January 2004, 12:07 PM
Luke C
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quick Quick!!!

Make everyone watch 'nypho ***** from babylon' every night!!!
Old 22 January 2004, 12:15 AM
STi VII
Scooby Regular

The last time there was a glut of these TV shows on the box was just before the housing market went **** up.
Old 22 January 2004, 08:40 AM
damage
Scooby Regular

As STI says, just wait tell the housing market goes **** up. these progs will soon be taken off air. When people see a 30% drop in the price of there house they will soon stop investing in imrpoving there house and hopefully they will then take the likes of Linda bl00dy Barker of the box.