Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Kilroy-Silk apologises for comments.

Search this Thread

Old 10 January 2004, 09:05 AM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why? What he said was true and the view of the majority of people in the UK.

Chip.
Old 10 January 2004, 09:17 AM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Presumably because he has been made to choose between losing his job and making an an apology!

The whole thing was an over reaction in my opinion, but there we go....
Old 10 January 2004, 10:51 AM
Crapaud62
Scooby Regular

Just because he has apoligised does not mean that he doesn't still hold those views. Personally, I agree with him. Incitement to Racial Hatred was a bit extreme. Will he keep his job and be back on air?
Old 11 January 2004, 02:05 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Chip:

Talk for yourself. Not the whole of the country.

"arabs are all suicide bombers"

Utter nonsense only to believed by extreme right wing followers and the uneducated!

[Edited by BOB'5 - 1/11/2004 2:30:46 PM]
Old 11 January 2004, 02:16 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Agreed. And Kilroy's views are NOT the majority view. If you believe they are then please substantiate your opinion with some evidence to support it. They are not the majority view just because you say they are.
Old 11 January 2004, 02:29 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Isn't it also interesting that we have arrested so many so-called islamic terrorists in this country without actually being attacked once!?..Apparently we keep foiling the terror plots beofre they happen.

In my book thats 100% detection and prevention.

Shame we cant achieve that rate with any other crime or terror groups (ie IRA)

Do we really believe this utter nonsense?
Old 11 January 2004, 03:15 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Katana,
You are entitled to your view on the Welsh being sheep ********. I ve got no problem with that. But would you be so eager to take the mick out of a black or Asian man. I very much doubt it.

Like I very much doubt Trevor Philips would be bothered about your comments either. He would if I was a different colour though wouldnt he.

It's nice to see a few Arabs backing his right to freedom of speech as well.

Ibrahim Nawar, an Egyptian, is the Head of the Board of Management of Arab Press Freedom Watch, a non-profit organisation based in London that works to promote freedom of expression in the Arab world.

"I fully support Robert Kilroy-Silk and salute him as an advocate of freedom of expression. I would like to voice my solidarity with him and with all those who face the censorship of such a basic human right.

"I agree with much of what he says about Arab regimes. There is a very long history of oppression in the Arab world, particularly in the states he mentions: Iran, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, as well as in Sudan and Tunisia.

"These regimes are not based on democracy and their legitimacy comes from military dicatorships or inherited systems. The basic right of an individual to voice his or her opinion is not granted in any kind of form in the Arab world.

"In Saudi Arabia, for instance, there have been seven Saudi editors sacked from their jobs for criticising the regime since March 2002. In Algeria, we are currently fighting 70 defamation cases against journalists who spoke out against

Chip.

Trending Topics

Old 11 January 2004, 03:20 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Yes its always nice to generalize a whole race right.
Old 11 January 2004, 03:22 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Like a lot of peeps do on here about the Welsh you mean!

Chip
Old 11 January 2004, 03:44 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

You seem to think so anyway.

Chip.
Old 11 January 2004, 04:18 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

[Edited by unclebuck - 1/11/2004 4:19:00 PM]
Old 11 January 2004, 04:56 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Katana, you have an Arabic sympathetic perspective, yet watch Iraqi 'loyalists' blowing up Iraqi children every other day on the news; you saw the devastation of 9/11 (including hundreds of Arabs and other Muslims killed) yet what are you concerned about? Yep, that's right, sheep ********...

Maybe you genuinely are concerned about wrongs in international stereotyping or are even trying to make some 'generalisation' point here, rather badly? Whatever, you lost your credibility in getting the other similar thread locked and in your childish comments towards me and others. I'm clearly not worthy of having a grown up chat with you so feel free to give me a trite 3 word answer whilst you wait to grow into a man.

D
Old 11 January 2004, 05:07 PM
akshay67
Scooby Regular

Question

Diesel,

Following on from the other thread (which got locked), I wanted to know why you think there is so much anti-American sentiment in the Middle-East (this was in response to you quoting banners in Syria).

A.
Old 11 January 2004, 05:14 PM
Taff107
Scooby Regular

**************, you've hit the nail on its head there.
Old 11 January 2004, 05:53 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Question

Nobody any views on our amazing 100%detection and prevention of (arab)terrorism in uk?
Old 11 January 2004, 06:06 PM
dba
Scooby Regular

I said this in the other thread,there is a possibility Kilroy may just be ignorant,not a downright racist.It seems his piece has been edited and the Express have some culpability,in fact the CRE have stated as FACT they are happy with the original statement but not the edited one.

His original piece went totally unnoticed,its just the removal of one word ("countries" after "Arabs") that has hit the headlin
Old 11 January 2004, 06:35 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Edited ** Unpleasant anti-community remarks **

[Edited by Katana - 1/11/2004 6:41:00 PM]

[Edited by Redkop - 1/11/2004 8:09:42 PM]
Old 11 January 2004, 07:48 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Mods - I dont mind being called 'racist scum' as I know I am neither, but 'ugly & fat' - now that IS something, LOL!!! I won’t comment on the asinine rest, other than the quote ‘council estate mother’ – that is as insulting to my council estate mates as it is inaccurate (we had 3 acres dontcha know :P … ). Anyway, can you tolerate such behaviour here on SN? Please advise.

Ashkay (and thank Allah for you!) having worked in Middle Eastern countries and having grilled Arabic speaking mates I do understand what's behind such a hostile attitude to ‘the west’. They perceive the West to be dominant, self serving and arrogant (that is all true as well IMHO). However when it all gets whipped up into hysteria sprinkled with religious zeal and laced with a gang ‘Islam v Christianity’ mentality, it all starts getting out of control. They use terms like ‘western imperialism’ so lightly and as an excuse to castigate and condemn whole continents and its people. Wrong whover does it.

Basically, as I see it, people are backed into corners now and so the gloves are off – this is why it has got VERY ugly (just like me :P).

Can I now ask you something? Why didn’t another Middle Eastern state intervene when Iraq invaded Kuwait? If I was a Middle Easterner I’d want to sort out my own affairs – particularly to keep USA’s nose out and their troops away. Imagine the Saudi’s nipping over to sort out Northern Ireland or Kosovo for us, and we allow them to use our bases as a ‘thanks chaps’…

D
Old 11 January 2004, 07:52 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

personally, i would be quite happy to see abu hamzah prosecuted or deported or whatever. he is worse than RKS, there's not doubt about that. However, and please correct me if i'm wrong here, when i last looked hamzah didn't have a column in a national newspaper or his own tv show.
Old 11 January 2004, 08:13 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

'racist scum' 'ugly & fat'

LOL - strange that. I get called exactly the same thing by the same person. Unlike others on this board this particular character seems to be able to behave exactly as he wants with no consequences. I too find it a bit strange, as this is *so* clearly in breach of the guidlines. Perhaps it's an example the inconsistant moderating I've read so much about recently?

On a different note it's ironic how someone who accuses everone else of being a racist is himself by far the most racist person on here.

UB

[Edited by unclebuck - 1/11/2004 9:32:35 PM]
Old 11 January 2004, 08:17 PM
akshay67
Scooby Regular

Diesel,

Ashkay (and thank Allah for you!)
Can you please explain what you mean in (brackets)? I assume you are a practicing Muslim?

Can I now ask you something? Why didn’t another Middle Eastern state intervene when Iraq invaded Kuwait?
I'm sorry, but I am unable provide an explanation to something that did not happen. However, there are plenty of reasons as to why Iraq invaded Kuwait and indeed why the US-led coalition invaded Iraq.

A.
Old 11 January 2004, 08:34 PM
Madjay
Scooby Regular

Angry

i dont see why he should lose his job or be made to say SORRY. he just stated what alot of people are actually thinking. they dont like it get out of the country. we're the victims not them they are allowed to say what they want but when someone says anything about them its racism.

immagrants IMHO should be put on a boat and sent home, tony blair and his humanitarian wife **** me off.
Old 11 January 2004, 08:40 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

Old 11 January 2004, 08:44 PM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

[Edited by andrewdelvard - 1/11/2004 8:51:39 PM]
Old 11 January 2004, 09:09 PM
Madjay
Scooby Regular

oh sorry there u pair must be one of the better off folks around. i really would reconsider what i said if i thought i was wrong but i don't when u think of going to Uni and then look at the price of how much its gonna cost you, then u look at the price of how much its gonna cost some immagrant it will get ur goat.

KILROY should be salluted IMHO for being brave enough to speak his mind.

[Edited to remove overtly racist comment]

[Edited by Puff The Magic Wagon! - 1/11/2004 9:30:48 PM]
Old 11 January 2004, 09:25 PM
JDM
BANNED

Did you know N Ireland has one of the smallest percentage of ethnic minorities in the UK. As well as some of the most racist attitudes.

Shame on you.

Can I ask how would you feel if someone said that they are glad all the bogtrotters over in N Ireland like to kill each other instead of decent folk? Not my opinion but just wondering.

[Edited by JDM - 1/11/2004 9:26:14 PM]
Old 11 January 2004, 09:34 PM
Madjay
Scooby Regular

personally i wouldnt care, cus if it where up to me i'd put all the sectarians into a football pitch lock the doors and let them get on with it and trust me do u think what goes on here doesnt go on in little ol' england? dont fool urself england and scotland are just as bad BUT irelands problems stem from historical events and people stupid enough to believe stories.

i wouldnt want you either to take offense in the fact that some wouldnt give a **** if england flooded over so people dont have to hear the tripe its people come off with. ESPECIALLY the football team. not my opinion ofcourse

im not sectarian in the slightest and up until a point i wouldnt have called myself racist, till i had my own experiences.
Old 11 January 2004, 09:53 PM
Mrs Tiggs
Scooby Newbie

killroy never said "all arabs are suicide bombers"

ppl should read what they comment on before commenting
Old 11 January 2004, 09:57 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Well said.

Quick Reply: Kilroy-Silk apologises for comments.