Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone else's boss a complete a**hole

Search this Thread

Old 31 December 2003, 06:56 PM
i8gtmf
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Just got a a**hole of a boss moaning because whilst he had sodded off on his boat over Christmas iv'e been on emergency callout cover.Unfortunatley i took ill on Saturday so have been confined to bed so was unable to deal with some out of hours calls correctly (in his opinion) as i should have gone out to site to fix them instead of sorting them out over the phone,bearing in mind trying to give technical support over the phone isn't that easy whilst throwing up,running to the loo and being doubled up in pain and blurred vision due the the pain from my head,and the tablets i was put on by the emergency doctor to kill the pain meant i couldn't drive.
After giving me a rollicking on my own doorstep he slams my front door in my face and forks off.
What a complete toss pot he is and as usuall can only see things from his point of view the one opinion he values is his own.Still serves me right for daring to get ill.

Right now that's off my chest.Anyone else have a git for a boss or is it just me.

Oh and i know i could find another job but iv'e had this one 14 years and i like it most of the time.
Old 31 December 2003, 07:08 PM
andypugh2000
Scooby Regular

your boss is a cvnt, i like my boss and have been in the same job for 17 years, if he was like that i would **** him hard then find a new job, wouldnt take that **** mate no way
Old 31 December 2003, 07:13 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Resign. It's the only way to make these people take responsibility for the consequences of their actions.

UB

[Edited by unclebuck - 12/31/2003 7:25:47 PM]
Old 31 December 2003, 07:15 PM
MooseRacer
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

or make a formal complaint to his boss.

No way you should have to put up with that sort of behaviour.
Old 31 December 2003, 07:17 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Beat **** out the ****, then go get another job, or would it be best to do it the other way round
Old 31 December 2003, 07:20 PM
PETENAUD
Scooby Regular

Next time u r ill, go into work and puke all over him before saying "Well i am ill, but i came in"

Old 31 December 2003, 07:25 PM
stephen emery
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Oh and i know i could find another job but iv'e had this one 14 years and i like it most of the time
Realy bad boss then

Have u a history of sickies?

If not then its your own fault as above.

If the company will not let you complain about your boss and let him act as he did (or are u allowing this to happen?) then get another job.

Steve

[Edited by stephen emery - 12/31/2003 7:27:05 PM]

Trending Topics

Old 31 December 2003, 07:28 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
I had one like that

Caught him out, walked out immediately, sued him for constructive dismissal and got a good result.

Have to say, I know what you mean about "liking the job" as that was the situation I was in - loved the job, just not the git I worked for (who wasn't always a git and fine when not at work).

I used to find that sometimes an email requesting info/clarification/etc (or to put it another way, putting the ball squarely in his lap) often worked wonders, so next time, ring him up, say you're ill and can't do the job, speak to him when you're well... That way you can't be caned for TRYING to do the job, when of course you're unable to. Infact, back it up with an email telling him as well

Hope you feel better soon & HNY
Old 31 December 2003, 07:36 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

After giving me a rollicking on my own doorstep he slams my front door in my face and forks off
Boss or not he needs a good smack in the gob just for that!

Do not put up with it - sort it or get another job!

tiggers.
Old 31 December 2003, 07:45 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Find another job, but **** his wife/GF just before you leave.
Old 31 December 2003, 07:50 PM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

Find another job, but **** his wife/GF just before you leave.
And daughter
Old 31 December 2003, 07:57 PM
i8gtmf
Scooby Regular

Yep punching his lights out would be the first thing i would do they day i left unless anyone knows if those voodoo dolls actually work..seriously though the company i work for is quite small and when i say he's my boss he is also the managing director he is exactly as p.t.m.w says most of the time he is ok and leaves you to your own devices but the other 10% he is a complete dick and is completely unreasonable not just with me i might add,he always throws a wobbler if anyone is off sick as he considers everyone who is sick must be skiving the situation this christmas has never happened before.I myself have only had about 7 days off in 14 years.Most of the time if he goes off on one i just let it go in one ear and out the other but this time he really did take the p*ss.
Like i say i really do like my job and to quit would need a lot of thought as i have a wife,2 kids,dog,mortgage and a scoob to support.Although this time he has gave me some serious thoughts but if i did do it i would want to go self employed and at the moment wouldn't know how to go about it lots of serious thinking to do.

******** is wife is not an option even if i had my worst beer goggles on and a cider visor she looks like she kissed a fan belt at 6000 rpm
Old 31 December 2003, 08:02 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

But sometimes you have to go that extra mile to gain revenge - even if she is a munter
Old 31 December 2003, 08:04 PM
matty01
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs down

Slamming your own door in your face , he's really asking for it...
Old 31 December 2003, 08:13 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

to quit would need a lot of thought as i have a wife,2 kids,dog,mortgage and a scoob to support

He knows that, so he thinks he can get away with it. Fourteen years is a long time. As a key employee it would cause him a lot of pain if you just walked out...

UB
Old 31 December 2003, 08:56 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

14 yrs is also a large payout on redundancy & constructive...
Old 31 December 2003, 08:59 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Oh & I have left & whilst things aren't swimming financially at the mo (last co went titsup.com so not helped), I've still got PTMW!, a better quality of life and good prospects in the short/long term.

You may think he has you by the short & curlies but its amazing how quick they grow after a trim

My x-boss sounds like a clone of yours...
Old 31 December 2003, 09:49 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

if sumbody came to my front door and slammed it in my face
that would mean that he was inside and i was outside
Old 31 December 2003, 09:50 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

American porch doors tend to open/close that way
Old 01 January 2004, 04:14 AM
ajm
Scooby Regular

A lesson in boss psychology....

Stand up to him and have it out with him. I have had bully bosses and that is the only thing they respect.

Walk into the office, he will try and do the public "In my office - I want a word with you" etc. Stand in his office, take every word he throws at you, as he expects.... then, whilst he rants, formulate an effective counter argument in your head.... then, when he is spent, let rip! Make sure you indirectly mention how much he will be affected by your leaving - indirectly is better because it leaves his imagination to do the work.... he will think the worst.

He will be caught off guard - his natural defence mechanism will be to strike out in any way he can. He will most probably threaten the sack blah blah.... look him in the eyes and say "I will come back later to discuss this when you are ready to talk in a professional manner" or words to that effect.

Then walk out.

You have taken control of the situation, he is on the back foot, everyone in the office will know so when you stride confidently from his office - he will be crushed.

He will then formulate a plan to reconciliate your working relationship without losing face - job done. You will be back on an equal playing field and he will be twice shy!

I have twice been forced into a corner and used this strategy in a work context and both times the effects have been staggering.

At the end of the day it boils down to simple playground psychology - thats how trivial life can be sometimes!

Old 01 January 2004, 06:25 AM
skiddus_markus
Scooby Regular

Due to some newish European Laws(human rights IIRC),bosses at my place daren't even call staff at home to check you're ill,never mind come round to your house and abuse you.
I think PTMW is right on the constructive dimissal thing if that's a path you'd consider.
Old 01 January 2004, 09:58 AM
Wish
Scooby Regular

Take AJM advise.... it works.

They will be like your best friend trying to get you back on side. Ive done exactly that before and it worked !

Old 01 January 2004, 10:32 AM
i8gtmf
Scooby Regular

This is all good advice folks makes very good reading for what bo**ocks he is going to come out with monday morning.He really is a strange guy to deal with as he really is a Jekyll & Hyde type character.Considering we are a small company with only 6 staff we have got through 16 employees in 10 years because they can't deal with him.
That old office joke about.
Rule 1 the boss is always right.
Rule 2 if boss is wrong refer to rule 1.

My boss wrote that he is proud to say he is never wrong
Old 01 January 2004, 03:34 PM
DEEDEE
Scooby Regular

skiddus_markus --- I was always led to believe, or have always thought a Boss cannot phone or call round on work issues if you are on Leisure time i.e. time off. I could be wrong it has been know before. Oh my boss makes it clear all shop floor staff are POND LIFE, so I act and work like a tw@t. Its okay he's a Monkey Hanger.
Old 01 January 2004, 05:39 PM
skiddus_markus
Scooby Regular

They cannot come round when you're sick either as it can be classed as harassment.
Old 01 January 2004, 06:03 PM
-=Buzz=-
Scooby Regular

Well as a "boss" I shake my head in disbelief every time one of you work shy malingerers thinks it's big and clever to "pull a sicky" as if having a job is some sort of one-upmanship game. It's not, it's a way to make a living - try behaving a bit more "professionally" yourselves!

Grow up and take some of the responsibility that taking money out of "my" pocket comes with.

That said a "boss" has a responisibilty to be sensible, be fair and be a decent person - this "us and them" mentality is NOT productive, it's psychological crap, and to do what this guy did is massively wrong and he deserves to be hauled over the coals by someone for it and then sacked - just like I'd sack anyone on a sicky who I saw out shopping on MY time.
Old 01 January 2004, 08:39 PM
Gooner
Scooby Regular

I think you should ask to meet with him as soon as you return to work, then in a very quiet and controlled manner ask if he feels that his behavoiur was reasonable and fair. Depending on the answer you then need to decide if you are willing to accept this again, if not tell him you will be looking for alternative employment and will be leaving as soon as you find the right job because you feel he was unfair and unreasonable. The suggestions of twatting him are not advisable as you won't be able to take your time finding another job! Shafting his wife and daughter? I think not, they may end up promoting you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!