Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

PRAGUE ,HELP NEEDED

Search this Thread

Old 28 December 2003, 09:40 AM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Myself and my friends are going to Prague for the new year,Does any one have any bars,clubs places to go for a good time,and what type of prices are there.any suggestions gratefully received.
cheers bluenose.
Old 28 December 2003, 06:44 PM
Bullet Proof
Scooby Regular

Smile

Bluenose,
Went there a couple of weeks ago, great fun....This is what I was advised by the locals in the hotel...(Most people speak some degree of English)

If you want to do the sight seeing bit start off at the castle in the northwest of the town. Bit of a treck up hill but the view is certainly worth it. From there go down over Charles Bridge and that will take you into the old town Square. This should have quite a good theme to it as when I was there there were building up a "market" which seemed to include a massive ice rink and ice slide. Thats the major tourist bit...as for bars there are loads of them....4 irish ones that I counted (great service I have to add) but thats not the cultural side...have a good look round, there are dozens.

As I remember there were 2 main clubs..from the castle come over Charles bridge and turn right before the road follow for about 100m through the shops and at the end you will find on your right, two clubs...both are about £2-3 to get in. The first is five stories high with different types of music and beer about 50p per pint (1/2 head, 1/2 beer). The other is much smaller (past the first club towards the river bank 50m) 2 floors and has theme nights. Both were good but the first was better. For "Gentlemans" entertainment from charles bridge go straight over and about 50m ahead on RHS is a TV on a wall showing young ladies peeling off clothes. Go in here and then down stairs to the basement..free to get in unless it is a club night (yes also part time club). Alternatively go up towards Wenslass (sp)Square (near the national museum) about 1 mile away...and down a side street 3/4 of way up on RHS is a couple of bars, Cabaret is one. Watch out tho as they say beer is 100 Cr each! Only one type is! the rest are a small fortune...Ask which one the special offer is on or you will get ripped off!

ADDITIONAL WARNING. Prague is a great night out bars open 24hrs a day BUT the local pickpocets are unsubtle!!!! At 4 in the morning a girl and a man aproached me and my friends. She grabbed me by the crotch and offered me free sex...hands all over me....luckilly I had been warned off but her hands were starting to rifle through my trouser pockets as she tried to distract me...luckilly pockets were empty and she got nothing...both my friends noticed what was going on and commented...her man friend also clocked us and she left with nothing!

Have a great trip it is truly a beautiful town..dont be paranoid from the last sentance.

BP
Old 28 December 2003, 10:36 PM
Luke
BANNED

Have fun....

be carefull where you walk and as mentioned dont relax with the local pikeys..they come in many shape and sizes!!! Also the plod play some dirty tricks.