Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Pop Music?

Search this Thread

Old 24 December 2003, 12:11 PM
ianmiller999
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

How long until they produce something decent regularly.

Occasionly they produce a few good songs, but mostly it is dire trash.
Old 24 December 2003, 12:17 PM
Hicky
Scooby Regular

Boy bands are cr#p, atleast the girls give you something to look at while they murder whatever cover song the management chose for them.
Old 24 December 2003, 12:20 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Talking

Oh, you noticed then? I thought it was just me.

UB
Old 24 December 2003, 12:34 PM
EvilKyote
Scooby Regular

heh, yeah agree here, fooking hate pop sh!te! and that blimin annoying as hell crappy b0ll0cks pop idol sh!te! they should all be shot!

EK
Old 24 December 2003, 01:36 PM
ianmiller999
Scooby Regular

Quite frankly who buys the music? Soon as it is so uncool to buy it teenagers won't. Parents usually have some music taste so won't buy it.

And don't get me started on Busted, bloody pop band trying to be musical!
Old 24 December 2003, 02:44 PM
BlackScoobyWRX
Scooby Regular

Wink

Bring back rock n'roll !!
Old 24 December 2003, 02:57 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Talking

atleast the girls give you something to look at while they murder whatever cover song the management chose for them

Not any more. You don't even get that now we have entered the era of 'the sea monster'

UB

Old 24 December 2003, 03:31 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Cool

Pop music is designed to do one thing. Make money. the last band who werent in it for the money but for a laugh were the KLF. This is a transcript of their last gig:
Drummond, wearing a kilt and supported by crutches, announced, "The Justified Ancients Of Mu Mu versus Extreme Noise Terror: This is television freedom", before the two bands launched into a raucous noise-fest of screaming guitars, super-fast drums, and guttural hoarse shouts of "3 A.M. 3 A.M. ETERNAL" from the two E.N.T. vocalists. This was live on prime-time TV, and performed in front of banks of seats of British music industry executives, at the annual Brit Awards where the KLF had been nominated for best group and best LP. "Bill was at the front of the stage, leaning on one crutch, practically shouting the vocals into the microphone. The lyrics were all-new, but with the Extreme Noise Terror guys charging around the stage, screeching guitars, and the drummer going into overdrive, most of the actual words tended to get lost. I did pick out "The Brits" and "BPI" (British Phonogram Industry), but little else. Jimmy had his coat with the hood down right up, so his face was practically concealed, but he was weaving around with his guitar. The few shots of the audience during the performance tended to suggest that they couldn't believe what the were seeing - popular 'dance' music act becomes a thrash metal band, with a mind-numbing fusion of guitar and drums to a vague rendition of a well-known tune. Actually, Bill lost his way part through the second verse, and broke up laughing, but he managed to pick it up again just before slamming into the chorus." Bill hobbled off the stage to return with a large automatic rifle instead of a crutch, and a cigar in his mouth, and the whole thing ended with sparks and explosions from the rear of the stage, and Bill shooting blanks into the audience. They left the stage with the audience incredulous, as the voice of Scott Piering announced "The KLF have now left the music industry".
You just dont get bands like that anymore

astraboy.
Old 24 December 2003, 04:09 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

"Soon as it is so uncool to buy it teenagers won't. Parents usually have some music taste so won't buy it."

stooooopppppp...you are confusing your own aging with a changing attitude across the whole population.....but its just you thats changing.

pop idol is massive and a long way from uncool
Old 24 December 2003, 08:55 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Y'know I used to think that. I used to think "Why dont they just leave our musical taste to us? If it makes us happy then whats the problem?"
Then came the decline in Rave music and the increase in Garage. It was at this point that my viewpoint changed. Not let it not be said that I despise all garage. The early underground stuff was good. Double 99, Ripgroove stuff, I actually bought some Speed garage CDs. Then it became popular and then it went all pop 2 step hip hop ****e and then came the ****** with the attitude and my hatred deepened. Garage is sh1te.
These days its an overload of US Hip Hop. Words cannot describe how much I hate this music. Way too slow, concentrating on style over substance, the aggression in the music is frankly beyond comprehension and some (nay, ALL) of the ***** that appear in the videos are retards. Its all Wonky hats, Ten ton of Gold jewellery over baggy sports wear. Every last one of them snarling into the camera and gesturing in an aggressive and confrontational manner.
You cant seriously tell me that the increase of this aggressive music which glorifies confrontation, violence and hate is not responsible for the increase of violence in society today. Say want you want about rave culture, at least it doesent engender aggro ***** looking for a brawl.
Pop music is sh1te. end of. By definition you should refuse stuff that is handed to you from the mainstream media and go to the undergoround to find what your TRUE musical taste is. Cos you are never gonna be satisfied with what is being stuffed down your throat by people wanting to take your money.
astraboy.
Old 24 December 2003, 09:43 PM
Madjay
Scooby Regular

here here astra boy

any chance ur the same astra boy from USH.net?
Old 24 December 2003, 09:53 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Astraboy, I listen to it all the time and if you is dissin it I is going to put a cap in yo as MotherF*cka.

Er sorry, got carried away, I think I will go an floss in my Bentley with some homies and chill at my crib and check my bitches.
Old 24 December 2003, 09:53 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Cheeky Girls, please pop down my chimney tonight, pleaseeeeeeeeee

UB, u must be missing something
Old 24 December 2003, 09:57 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Tiggs - happy thingy to you mate.

You've heard it from the middle earth (age) crocks like me, and now you're hearing the same message from our younger friends. Take it on board mate... pop ****e is the worst it's ever been. All this 'good luck to them' and 'they're really talented' nonsense just does not add up. It's the attempted cynical manipulation of the masses purely for the financial gain of the 'puppet masters'. Anyone with any intelligence knows this.

UB
Old 24 December 2003, 09:59 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Talking

Jye - there's two of them. One each mate

UB
Old 24 December 2003, 09:59 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Im first, lol
Old 24 December 2003, 10:01 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Still waiting for the name m8, hate thinkin of you as me uncle
Old 24 December 2003, 10:04 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Duh, sorted Rob
Old 24 December 2003, 10:06 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Talking

easy....

all things come to those who wait.........