Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Why has smoking not been banned?

Search this Thread

Old 11 December 2003, 01:20 PM
Mr Leigh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

The law says we should not speed because it kills. The law says we should not drive and hold a phone because it kills people. But smoking kills far more people every year and its not illegal.

[Edited by Mr Leigh - 12/11/2003 1:20:59 PM]
Old 11 December 2003, 01:21 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

ban speed = ££ for fines

ban smoking = no ££ from tax

sad fact but true
Old 11 December 2003, 01:23 PM
MATTeL
Scooby Regular

PG for that exact reason I am surprised cannabis hasn't legalised and tax applied to that as well!
Old 11 December 2003, 01:25 PM
stevem2k
Scooby Regular

and Alcohol by the same argument.

Old 11 December 2003, 01:26 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

give it time MATTeL
Old 11 December 2003, 01:45 PM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

Anything that raises £9 billion for the treasury wont be banned.

The govt claim that they spend £1.5 billion on smoking related medical treatment so theyd have to cut public services even further than they already do (if thats at all possible) if they banned it.

Dont know how much they rake in from alcohol but its gotta be alot more than **** IMO
Old 11 December 2003, 04:11 PM
Mr.Manchester
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

smoking is the only thing we have left! bloody goverment [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] you cant even go anywhere these days without having a CCTV crew crawling up yer ****!
Old 11 December 2003, 05:49 PM
Mr Leigh
Scooby Regular

I'm not saying it should be banned lol I smoke. But its a crazy world! Umm It might just be a matter of time!
Old 11 December 2003, 05:50 PM
Mr Leigh
Scooby Regular

Bloody goverment
Old 12 December 2003, 10:48 AM
Recaro
Scooby Regular

i think they should stop people being able to drive and smoke. You cant even drink from a bottle whilst driving but yet you puff on a little white stick.

If a driver dropped a *** on themselves whilst driving, something tells me they aint going to be looking at the road and having their full attention of their surroundings.
Old 12 December 2003, 11:36 AM
brickboy
Scooby Regular

Red face

I've been a passenger where the end dropped out of the driver's roll-up onto his lap. We left the road, onto the grass and did a long, sickening 360 before stopping four feet from a bloody big tree.

Car undamaged, keks severely peppered. Needed several rollies to calm down

But it is a good point -- how do you do a quick evasive maneuver with a tab on?
Old 12 December 2003, 12:46 PM
Little Clanger
Scooby Regular

Its amazing the number of pr@ts who kick off the same threads time after time after time. This subject is pointless other than its ability to **** smokers off.

Scoobynet seems to be full of gangs of Knobbers trying to **** other groups of knobbers off. Scoob v. Evo, Jap v. German, smokers v. non-smokers and on, and on and on it goes.

Go and drown some puppies you miserable gits.

Yes, I am a smoker, I am proud of it and will defend my right to it till I take my last tar-filled breath.
Old 12 December 2003, 12:58 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Yes, I am a smoker, I am proud of it
Strangest thing I've ever heard

and yes I smoke .. but certainly not proud of it... most stupid feckin' thing I've ever done and continue to do
Old 12 December 2003, 02:18 PM
lmsbman
Scooby Regular

Cool

Interesting fact. Did you know that 100% of non-smokers die!!
Old 12 December 2003, 02:21 PM
Little Clanger
Scooby Regular

Talking

Imsbman,
thats more like it my friend. I didnt know that. What percentage of smokers die? Is it higher?

Old 12 December 2003, 02:26 PM
lmsbman
Scooby Regular

Much lower, coz unless you pop your clogs with a *** on the go, you can claim to be an ex-smoker!!!!
Old 12 December 2003, 06:55 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Unhappy

130,000 a year die from smoking in the UK alone. Just look at my posts about speed kills per year to smoking. Id be very surprised if *only* £1.5 billion was spent each year for smoking related illness/death.

As posted above it probably will come about that smoking will be banned, then drinking etc.

In fact from the way that its going, then everything that is life threatening will be surpressed to such an extent that personal freedoms and lifes little enjoyments will be banned.

Try and imagine Demolition Man with no Wesley Snipes/stallone storyline.

Everybody dies. Some will be killed by a car, by a cigarette by booze etc. Does that mean every little thing should be surpressed/banned?
Old 13 December 2003, 12:30 PM
Mr Leigh
Scooby Regular

Little Clanger you pencil d1ck, you started the this V's that! like I said I smoke, but I'm not proud of it!
Old 13 December 2003, 12:40 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Yes, I am a smoker, I am proud of it and will defend my right to it till I take my last tar-filled breath.
Just stay away from me then cos I dont like smelly people

Chip.
Old 13 December 2003, 07:29 PM
V45DSM
Scooby Regular

As I don't smoke, can someone who likes to suck on paper ***** please answer this...

If you're a heavy smoker and you haven't 'ad one all day, you’re craving like mad and are all irritable and agitated. Would you say you were still fit to drive?

Does the nicotine hit make you high? If so do you think it impacts on you ability to drive safely?

Cheers,
Old 13 December 2003, 08:28 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

I'll keep my grass to my self then Chip

PC ***** should die, and quickly.
Old 13 December 2003, 08:41 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Jye,
That's different mate

Chip.
Old 13 December 2003, 09:41 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

OK, just for u

/me passes =====================#~~~~~~~~
Old 13 December 2003, 09:45 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

--As I don't smoke, can someone who likes to suck on paper ***** please answer this--

Why should we answer a **** who talks of paper *****, unless you suck on something we dont....
Old 14 December 2003, 09:54 AM
timmy03
Scooby Regular

i am a non smoker, i was diagnosed with a cancerous tumour in my knee in january, started chemotherapy in feb, had a full knee replacement in may, including part of my femur and lower leg is now titanium. had 6 months of chemo was then told it had spread to my lungs, or rather my left lung and needed surgery. was told i had 4 nodes on my lung, they found 10, i had my op in november. was then told that they had missed on at the back, so went back in and they found 5 more, i only got out yesterday, anyway the point to telling you all this is that if you had seen how many people were on my ward through smoking you would all give up! i am only 20 and have never smoked in my life but the way i see it is,

if a car ran me over, then turned round for another go i wouldnt stand still and let it hit me! thats all smoking is everytime you light up, except it'll kill you a lot slower!

this post is only my opinion and opviously i am pretty biased but i just feel that a lot of smokers who 'cant' get through they day without a *** are weak, what did you do before you started smoking?
Old 14 December 2003, 10:38 AM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Timmy,
Best of luck for the future mate. Hope everything all works out OK for you.

Hope a few listen to what you say as well.

Chip.
Old 14 December 2003, 11:36 AM
V45DSM
Scooby Regular

Why should we answer a **** who talks of paper *****, unless you suck on something we dont....
Yeah, other mens white owls.
Old 14 December 2003, 12:23 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Question

if people want to die then let them die

but if i caught cancer or sumthing from passive smoking, before i passed away i would smack every single smoker close to me/my life in the face for passing on that vile, stinking, ****

its banned from work except in this room which looks ****en disgusting, walls are all yellow and "sticky" so i dont have to put up with it at work, my own mother smokes, but shes avoided like the plauge when she has her tab @ the back door

but the goverment cant ban it becuase they have all the smokers pants down for sum serious cash
bizzare country
Old 14 December 2003, 12:57 PM
V45DSM
Scooby Regular

I don't think the issue is so much to do with Tax revenue nowadays. I read somewhere that they had picked up all the discarded *** packets after a premier league footy match and ><80% were imports or counterfeit. Any revenue brought in from UK *** sales is gobbled up by the NHS on those suffering for smoke related diseases. The main reason is they don’t want to **** the voters off and it would just increase the market for smuggling gangs. Look at the drugs and sex trades – prohibition causes more problems than it solves.
Old 14 December 2003, 01:15 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Passive smoking is the least of our worries.

This list is not extensice as it would run to hundreds of pages and hundreds of common everyday substances.

Petrol, contains hugely toxic levels of benzene, a carcinogen so dangerous if handled in a lab it must be kept in a sealed laboratory air case by an operator in a selaed suit. Everytime you fill up you inhale it. Research and publicity supressed by HMG.

Alcohol: Found in mouthwashes, hair products, skin products. Has been linked to mouth and throat cancers.

Aluminum: Found in skin deodorants. Has been linked to nerve damage and brain disorders, such as Alzheimer's disease. Keep in mind that when you use an aerosol, you are not just poisoning yourself but everyone else (including the animals) in your household. Ban hairsprays in the home, I dont want someone elses toxic cosmetic sh*t sprayed near me.

Diethanolamine (DEA): Found in shampoos, conditioners, shaving gels/creams and soaps. The Dept of Health determined in 1999 that DEA is a carcinogen that, when mixed with nitrites (found in most city water supplies), creates nitrosamines, more dangerous that those found in tobacco smoke.

Artificial Flavoring/Artificial Coloring: found in practically everything. Can cause changes at the cellular level, thus is highly carcinogenic.

Fluoride/Sodium Fluoride: Found in toothpastes and soon to be put in city water supplies. Interestingly enough, the Dental Association's own papers show that fluoride is helpful only to little children with developing teeth. It is a carcinogen and has been shown to cause behavioral changes, the most prominent change being lassitude For the real poop on fluoride, you should examine Adolph Hitler's own archives: the Third Reich added fluoride to the general water supply primarily to control the population, keeping them apathetic and listless.

Propylene Glycol: Found in shampoos, conditioners, shaving gels/creams, and deodorants. It is also found in pet foods and some specialty foods such as frozen chicken wings. This is primarily an industrial strength anti-freeze, is also used in hydraulic fluids and can be used as a solvent and found in paints, floor wax, and laundry detergent. If you purchase a container of Propylene Glycol, there is a warning label on the container: Avoid Contact With Skin. from the Material Safety Data Sheets, it seems that Propylene Glycol is very irritating to the skin, inhibits skin cell growth, and has been shown to cause (besides dermatitis) liver and kidney damage. It may also cause cancer but research has been limited by Government intervention.

Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES) & Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS): found in most shampoos, some toothpastes, and soaps. They are both very cheap foaming agents, it seems that Sodium Laureth Sulfate is less dangerous than SLS, which, according to the Journal of the College of Toxicology; Vol 2, No. 7, 1983, builds up in the heart, liver, lungs, and brain, retards healing, causes cataracts, roughens skin, and leads to improper eye development in children under the age of six. Ironically, both are caustic and corrode the hair follicle and impair its ability to grow.

Laundry detergents, have no ingredients listed. They are not required to list ingredients. Some laundry detergents have had fiberglass in them, to help scrub. The new alternative bleaches are not bleaches but rather carcinogenic chemicals that respond to light.

Passive smoking is just another piece of flim flam to add to a world aready polluted with cancer forming agents. Just remember that when you brim your Scoob with a light breeze blowing up you and everyone elses nose.

Quick Reply: Why has smoking not been banned?