Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

British Abroad, grrr.

Search this Thread

Old 02 December 2003, 09:03 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anybody see holiday hospital, what a bunch of plebs, the guy with a broken nose/chek gets fixed up and walks off without thanking the medical staff, not on camera anyway, no medical insurance, bloody idiots, I personally dont think they should be allowed to travel without sorting out insurance.

How is it all the pond life can afford several holidays a year yet I have to sponge one off my parents or in laws !
Old 02 December 2003, 09:20 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would say that they can afford the holidays as they either have a large credit card debt, or take advanatge of the loan adverts that harp on about getting a quick loan for the car or holiday you always wanted*

*and will spend the rest of eternity paying off.

This does gall me somewhat, but I can't really complain as I'm lucky enough to fly around seeing places due to work, but I guess it's not really the same.
Old 02 December 2003, 09:33 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Thumbs down

Err how about spongers coming over here fleecing our generous NHS? I doubt they have any medical insurance either.

Seen the recent AIDS figures for the UK? would be interesting to see how many cases are due to immigrants. Funnily enough I havent seen much of that data published anywhere.

"The number of new cases was 15 per cent up on the 4,982 diagnosed in 2001 and is expected to rise to 6,400 when all the reports are received. The rate of infection has more than doubled since 1997.

Two-thirds of the cases were acquired outside the UK, triggering renewed calls yesterday for immigrants to be screened. The cases' overseas origin - most from sub-Saharan Africa - has changed the nature of the epidemic, with heterosexual cases now outnumbering homosexual/bisexual infections two to one."

Jeremy Laurance, The Independent, 25 Nov 2003

A polite way of saying that cases acquired outside the UK being (mainly) due to immigration not UK citizens being infected abroad.

Old 02 December 2003, 10:53 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My mate pointed out that the Flu I have had which was really nasty may be an 'imported' strain, he is very right wing and we cant blame absolutely everything on immigration but it did make me think, I would imagine a high percentage come over here to get chronic illness fixed or end up getting long standing stuff like cataracts and hip operations done.
Old 02 December 2003, 11:23 PM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

Jacko, dont go there mate, or we will all be depressed.

this is a sad subject, and shouldn't be dwelled on.

suffice to say that after their 2 weeks in majorca, the pond life have to return to there scummy homes and dole queues, so who's really worse off??

there, better??

BB
Old 02 December 2003, 11:28 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
I wont even go into TB increases