Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

People who contradict themselves...

Search this Thread

Old 12 February 2003, 04:38 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Would you go and look at yourselves a minute?

Just let the pure horror of what you have done sink in

You have taken the time and energy to post about some pslewis and how he winds you up so, and you REALLY hate him and you can't believe a word he says .... and how he is always making ***** make themselves look like right *****!!

For those of you who are unhealthily obsessed with me please considered yourself well and truly shown up!!! What muppetts!!

Pete

Oh, yes, nearly forgot ........... are you REALLY so stupid as to think that pslewis gives a toss what losers think??? Think again saddos!!

[Edited by pslewis - 12/2/2003 4:39:53 PM]
Old 02 December 2003, 02:40 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Why is it that some people, i.e. pslewis for instance, are so thick they constantly get caught contradicting themselves.

He for instance has been banging on in a few threads about how clever he is not to have been caught speeding for foomfty years or summat, and now he's at it again in the mobile phone thread, but he has posted in the past about doing 50 in a 30 and nearly getting caught . There are loads of instances of lewis doing this but I just cant be bothered blethering on about just 'him' in particular.

Is it the "do as I say, not do as I do" mentality or are they just so up their own **** they dont realise they are doing it?

Any good contradictions lately?

[Edited by Jye - 12/2/2003 2:45:14 PM]
Old 02 December 2003, 02:44 PM
Old_Fart
Scooby Regular

Arrow

People talk alot of bollox here. People also get wound up real easy here, making it even more fun for the bollox-talkers. Of course there will be many contradicting posts from many different users as a result of all the BS. Who cares?
C
Old 02 December 2003, 02:47 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Angry

Who cares about anything now tbo? You cared enought to reply.

Thats another problem though, **** who reply with answers like 'who cares' grrrrr...
Old 02 December 2003, 03:04 PM
Goochie
Scooby Regular

I think its a problem of not being "real" conversation. Much easier to make text seem plausable than it is to make a story stick when telling it.

Some people just have to BS to make their lives seem more interesting, trouble is they tend to get tied up in knots when they cant rememebr what they've previously said.

Anyway, I'm just off to sit in the 355 while a bus load of bikini clad beauties give it a wash.
Old 02 December 2003, 03:07 PM
Hobo_Jojo
Scooby Regular

ok i dont realy like pslewis but u made a mistake in what u just said, u said he contradicted himself by sayying hes never been caught speeding then saying he NEARLY got caught doing 50 in a 30...thats still not getting caught
Old 02 December 2003, 03:17 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

I'd still say Its a tad contradictory if someone kept telling people not to speed blah, blah, and then nearly gets done themself. He WAS speeding and told everyone he was doing 50 in a 40. Its just pure luck he didnt get caught so there is a contradiction in what he says and what he does anyway.

[Edited by Jye - 12/2/2003 3:22:55 PM]

Trending Topics

Old 02 December 2003, 03:21 PM
iDLe*
Scooby Regular

Its hard for people like him, its not easy being a complete ****!
Old 02 December 2003, 03:24 PM
Hobo_Jojo
Scooby Regular

ah jye, i supose slightly under those circumstances but thats not how u worded your first post.
Old 02 December 2003, 03:28 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

NP hobo, I'm not meant to be using SN so dont sometimes have time to fully articulate my posts. I tell my boss I never skive on the net but contradict that comment all the time
Old 02 December 2003, 03:39 PM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

Off topic slightly but just wanted to ask what the driving age limit has been since 1900 - has it always been 17?

Just wondering if pslewis is contradicting himself again in SN General
Old 02 December 2003, 04:25 PM
Old_Fart
Scooby Regular

Ummm I didn't reply because I cared, I replied because I was bored and had nothing better to do. Also you are one of the more volatile posters here so I replied to get a rise out of you to relieve my own boredom somewhat...a'la PSLewis. Unfortunately, unlike PSL I don't get much satisfaction out of winding up strangers on here so though the boredom is somewhat reduced it's not enough for me to
C
Old 02 December 2003, 04:27 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

I have a cr@p memory so probably contradict myself a lot. Actually my memory is quite good

Regards,

Bob

No, er, Keith.

Dang.......er.....Kenny
Old 02 December 2003, 04:48 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Cool

I was using you as an example lewis, as you seem to lend yourself to the contradiction statement quite well. So don’t get anymore big headed than you already are, it’s not a compliment.

BTW Old_Fart, feel free not to reply to any of my 'volatile' posts, and also feel free to go f**k a duck. Is that volatile enough for your boring pedantic little life?
Old 02 December 2003, 04:53 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton
PSLewis posts stuff that wind people up. Thats it , no more no less. He's having a laugh. To the point where he isn't passionate about his views pre se, but knows that his statments will get the backs up of those that are passionate!

FFS in the years that I've been on here theres one thing thats dependable, and thats the fact that Lewis will always wind someone up!

lets see, some people on here will own cars with gold wheels, so lets suggest that gold wheels are gay
ooh, some people are anti war and most people would love to earn loads of money, lets say I work designing warheads for mega money
And people are up in arms about police revenue through speeding fines, lets give a holier than thou lecture on sticking to the speed limit

However some of PSLewis's posts are not on a wind up, there lies the odd contradiction to the windup threads methinks.

pretty simple formula, nothing to get worked up about anyway - I'm bored too
Old 02 December 2003, 05:12 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Talking

Arrrghhhhhhhhh

Pslewis only gains patronage on SN because 'some' people believe that he's a 75 year old pensioned off (ex) nuclear weapons designer....... You’re correct about everything else though

This thread is about contradictory statements though, not whether a certain pslewis is on a wind up.

A contradiction is where someone claims they make say £100,000+ pa, lives in a £350,000+ house, and then moans that they had to "save up for ages" to buy a £20,000 car, as lewis has said. OK its possible that 'they' are so deep in debt that 'they' needed to 'save up for ages', but not when you then claim that you are retired with everything bought and paid for, and then go on to laugh and ridicule everyone else for not being as 'well off' as you.

To make it simple, I'm rich as **** and the rest of you are mad for working for such miserly incomes as you do, but, oh wait a minute, silly old me, I had to "save up for ages" to buy a 'normally' priced car. That IMO is a contradictory statement.

A contradiction IMO is another term for being a lying toad who can’t get their facts straight due to being a complete bullshi* merchant.

Might just be me then
Old 02 December 2003, 05:25 PM
andrew6321
Scooby Regular

I'm sure pslewis isn't the only 'walter mitty' character on here...that's the beauty of a forum like this - you can be whoever you like...until your persona 'slips'...and that's when the 'contradictions' appear
Old 02 December 2003, 05:35 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton
Jye, thats half my point, if I were earning £100k+ a year then I wouldn't have even considered driving a sh1tter of an XR3 cab, for example. Theres a condradiction and a windup in one

provides mild amusement either way
Old 02 December 2003, 05:35 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Wink

I think Pete should have his own forum on Scoobynet - come on mods - what do you think?

tiggers.

P.S. He's part way right about the gold wheels - I don't know about them being gay, they just look awful no matter what they're on.

Old 02 December 2003, 05:47 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

LOL @ this thread Yeah, Jay, I agree, but there is a distinct difference between a wind up and believing in your own propaganda so much that you use it to slag off others at every opportunity.

1. Contradiction: A denial.
2. Inconsistency; discrepancy.
3. Something that contains contradictory elements.

Not talking shi*e to get a rise out of folk
Old 02 December 2003, 06:20 PM
taffyterzo
Scooby Regular

Bring back Chip butty!
Where are you chip old boy?
Old 02 December 2003, 06:30 PM
the moose
Scooby Regular

Jye, thats half my point, if I were earning £100k+ a year then I wouldn't have even considered driving a sh1tter of an XR3 cab, for example. Theres a condradiction and a windup in one
You wouldn't, no. But some of those who earn in excess of the figure mentioned still don't like spending a load of money on a fast-depreciating lump of metal. No contradiction. No windup.
Old 02 December 2003, 06:34 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

Wink

I agree with you totally . . . .

IMHO, you are wrong.
Old 02 December 2003, 06:47 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

*sigh* feed a troll and he lives on.
Old 02 December 2003, 07:34 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Feed him poison then dave
Old 02 December 2003, 08:28 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Poor old Jye ........... can't go an hour without thinking of pslewis

Jay has me ABSOLUTELY to a tee - congratulations my man, like me or loathe me you understand me!!

I feel for Jye, no, I REALLY do!! He has to be the saddest 'Billy-No-Mates' I have ever seen

He's bl00dy good for a pi55 take though!! So gullible!!

Pete
Old 02 December 2003, 09:23 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Talking

Good Grief!!

Jye has OCD!!!

Bless him, eh? never mind

Pete
Old 02 December 2003, 09:32 PM
Jye