Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

whats my problem?!

Search this Thread

Old 19 November 2003, 11:22 PM
chaos.
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Well I need to go shopping tomorrow but I swear I get paranoid for some reason when I go to the trafford centre (I hate the fekin place) with all them people around, I just hate it, haaaaate it, I go in shops and it feels like Im being watched constantly and I just generally hate it when there are loads of people around, like I enjoy going on nights out to clubs and bars and such where there are lot of people, but in the day it just feels wierd, what is my problem??!! I like the night more than the day, I prefer the dark to light, I don't think Im normal..lol. Does anyone else think like this?

chaos [abnormal]
Old 19 November 2003, 11:28 PM
MattN
Scooby Regular

sounds weird to me
Old 19 November 2003, 11:44 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

I like the night more than the day, I prefer the dark to light, I don't think Im normal
you didn't drink the blood did you?
Old 19 November 2003, 11:48 PM
chaos.
Scooby Regular

Its not my fault Im a fruit cake lol
Old 19 November 2003, 11:50 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

actually I don't do crowds either, especially in shops.... will often just drop my basket full of items and leave...
Old 19 November 2003, 11:52 PM
scoobydooooo
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ironic with a name like chaos , unless it's your state of mind ?
Old 20 November 2003, 03:09 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Smile

Mild Agrophobea maybe. Perhaps you are just too self conscious mate. Chill out abit and take a friend into town with you that might help. See if it works.

Jono
Old 20 November 2003, 08:55 AM
Andy McCord
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sounds like you are suffering a form of anxiety attack, which can be stress related, its not nice is it?,
Old 20 November 2003, 10:32 AM
Hobo_Jojo
Scooby Regular

i bet you goto jillys rockworld dont you...
Old 20 November 2003, 10:38 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
My theory is that places like the trafford center have "sick building syndrome"- they are unholy temples of consumerism and as such are filled with bad karma. Romero's "Dawn of the dead" hit the nail on the head when it portrayed zombies wandering aimlessly around a shopping mall.

Either that or you just don't like spending time with the type of people who enjoy shopping as a leisure activity. Sounds like common sense not a phobia.
Old 20 November 2003, 12:37 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Angry

Romero's "Dawn of the dead" hit the nail on the head when it portrayed zombies wandering aimlessly around a shopping mall.
I'm sure that was filmed in my local Asda. WTF happens to people when they enter a supermarket. I now do my shopping at 5am so the only "ordinary" people I have to contend with are the shelf stackers, and they're busy and so alert, active and expedient. I almost never go to a mall, prefering the risks of internet shopping and the thieving ******* from the Post Office.
Old 20 November 2003, 12:45 PM
Hobo_Jojo
Scooby Regular

i prefer internet shoppin in the main for dvd's hardware etc..but need to shoppin centres when i want new clothes and things.

there doin a re make of dawn of the dead, it doesnt look too bad from the trailer.
Old 20 November 2003, 03:18 PM
yoza
BANNED

I dont like crowds either, thats why Ive never been to a football match. But Ive been told that I will be OK watching Everton.

As for being watched when shopping, dont worry, you get used to it.
Old 20 November 2003, 04:14 PM
Poor Guy
Scooby Regular

yes, i tend to be like this. its weird. love these early nights.

Poor Guy [also abnormal]
Old 20 November 2003, 10:37 PM
David_Dickson
Scooby Regular

Yeah I get this as well. Its the people that do it for me.
Call me a grumpy, anti-social sod if you like but I HATE other people. Not anyone in particular but just people in general.
Throughout my working day I can cope with them as its in small numbers on my own territory kind of thing, but show me a busy street, shopping centre or supermarketand my stress levels hit the roof.
I get annoyed at everything.
Everyone is walking slower than me, they get in my way, they bump my shins with their bags or trolleys, they are rude and ignorant, they poke me in the face with their umberella`s (how the hell do you spell that?) they are indecisive and loud.

I went into town (Aberdeen city centre) last friday afternoon, parked the car in the shopping centre car-park and went to the shops. After about 2 minutes in amongst the crowds I turned round, got back into the car, went home and bought what i needed on-line.

God knows how many times I have just abandoned my trolley in the middle of a supermarket and walked out.

I get like this with crowds of any type, hence me rarely going to big sports events or concerts.
Bizarrely, Im ok when im out in pubs though, must be something to do with alcohol relaxng me.

From this I can conclude the best way for me to shop is either in the middle of the night at a 24hr supermarket, online, or bleezing drunk.

Old 20 November 2003, 10:41 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

Everyone is walking slower than me, they get in my way, they bump my shins with their bags or trolleys, they are rude and ignorant, they poke me in the face with their umberella`s (how the hell do you spell that?) they are indecisive and loud.
Try travelling on the tube on a daily basis
Old 21 November 2003, 06:42 AM
STi VII
Scooby Regular

**** me I thought I was the only fruit cake that suffers with this fear/hatred of over crowded places.
I have not been to any concerts or football matches even though I would love to go as the amount of people at these types of events would just tip me way way way over the edge.
It's the sheer stupidity of the crowd mentality that gets me, it is as if when these people join the throbing masses they take their brain out of their head and go onto auto loon pilot.
Many a time I have been round the supermarket and just left a full trolly or I have gone in to town for just one item and when confronted with the all consuming crowd I have just turned and fled.
I find that I start swearing and slagging them all off under my breath as they constantly walk into me like I am some kind of FECKING human magnet, it really does me head [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] in, these freaks invading my personal space. ARGH
Makes me feel better to know that I am not the only nutter in the world.
Old 21 November 2003, 11:21 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Wait until the thousands of immigrants from the eastern former Soviet bloc that the government has said it will allow in after their countries join the EU arrive.

Les
Old 21 November 2003, 11:27 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
Lightbulb

Of course the cause of the all the problems in our lives is immigrants, why didn't that occur to me earlier?
Chaos doesn't like crowds because of immigrants, there is no social justice because of immigrants, the weather is crap because of immigrants- hang on a minute I thought the jews were the cause of all our problems. Ah, no that theory was discredited back in the 40's. Perhaps we'd do better looking at the real source of discontent in society rather than trying to find some minority group to project our collective problems onto.
On the other hand it's a lot easier to just carry on blaming some easily identifiable group, so perhaps we'll just do that-like the ***** did.

[Edited by NACRO - 11/21/2003 11:27:51 AM]
Old 21 November 2003, 11:28 AM
Scooby Regular

Leslie

Can you stop with this whole anti-immigration thing?

The government haven't specifically said that they're going to let thousands of people in, it's just a by-product of their countries joining the EU. If you want to have a go for *that*, fair enough, though bear in mind that this has been in train for many years. And that there are hundreds of thousands of British people now living in Europe (France, Spain, and treland primarily)as a result.

Old 21 November 2003, 01:43 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton
**** me what a tangent

Anyway, for those that want to watch a game of football but are uncomfortable with crowds, watch a Wimbledon game - I can't guarentee the football though.
Old 21 November 2003, 01:57 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Oddly enough although I hate crowds in a shopping situation at sporting occasions or music festivals they don't bother me at all.
A lot of it has to do with the type of stress you feel in a given situation. I hate shopping even in a crowd free situation so add a crowd of idiots and things take a turn for the worse. I don't think it's a case of having any deep seated phobias, more a dislike of the whole scenario. Perhaps Chaos has the same dislike of shopping?
Old 21 November 2003, 01:58 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts
Unhappy

I can't stand busy/crowded places. OK at footymatches, probably cos everyone is'nt moving about (I don't like trying to get in or out though)

Can't stand shopping centres, my mission...if I ever have to go in one, is go in, buy what I need, then I'm outta there!

I Can't stand pubs/clubs that are packed. I like space to breath, not be racked and stacked like most places on friday/saturday night. The combination, of crowds, smoke, and beer has been known to make me feel quite ill on occasions. I go outside for some air and I'm fine. It has to be some sort of anxiaty/stress thing. Odd thing is being p*ssed doesn't help much either...unless I'm so bladdered I can't even walk
Old 21 November 2003, 03:00 PM
Dan B
Scooby Regular

{THEORY}
England is the only country (that I have been to) that has this problem.
{/THEORY}

What are the corwds like in other crowded Cities (Toyko?). I bet they aren't mostly snot faced stupid planks like round these 'ere parts...
Old 21 November 2003, 04:43 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Cool

A dose of self-confidence wouldn't go amiss here with you lot it seems!!

Woofters the lot of you.
Old 21 November 2003, 04:47 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Woofter? You wouldn't come near me when I am in a "shopping stress".... hell hath no fury!

[Edited by ajm - 11/21/2003 4:48:10 PM]
Old 21 November 2003, 04:48 PM
Hobo_Jojo
Scooby Regular

i agree! i like crowds, u can acidentally grope people!
Old 21 November 2003, 04:52 PM
Dan B
Scooby Regular

Sounds like that might hurt....
Old 21 November 2003, 04:59 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just do the Tesco.com thing, I personally hate the Trafford centre, its amazing half the world seems to be driven there by coach dressed up on a day out, gangs of teenage girls dressed as it they were going to a nightclub, gangs of dodgy looking male yoofs hanging round 'Gamestation' looking menacing. At night it turns into a mini Asia as they show Bollywood films.

Too many people, too big and it smells horrid, most of the shops are crap and expensive.

The other thing, people in Tesco's barging round the place or leave their trolleys horizontal in the aisle (usually women) staring at the chocolate stand transfixed and oblivious to the rest of the world.

Just be glad you dont have to use public transport, yurgghh.
Old 21 November 2003, 05:21 PM
Hobo_Jojo
Scooby Regular

i do have to use public transport!

grow a backbone u lot!

Quick Reply: whats my problem?!