Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

BBC speed camera prog-Email Points Of View

Search this Thread

Old 18 November 2003, 04:13 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

If anybody saw last night the speed camera programme last night on BBC and wish to email Points Of View complaining about it the mail addy is

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pov/

I will post up my comments about this crass and biased programme as soon as im registered on their site.
Old 18 November 2003, 04:30 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
My reply finally posted on there:

The whole programme was more like a propaganda political statement than an objective look at the whole situation.

I watched the show and I thought it was the biggest load of nonsense I have ever seen about speeding and traffic cameras. What’s needed is an unbiased and informative piece of investigative journalism, not some screaming leftie 'think of the children' gibberish.

The millions upon millions of ££s that are being spent on these cameras, and their effectiveness was not properly highlighted. What impact have these cameras had on ten years worth of operation? what millions have been spent on making these 'dangerous' roads safer by repairing them and proper traffic management?

From what I have gathered there was a higher % of bikers having accidents and losing their lives. Agreed, the lunatic behaviour of some of them is highly dangerous, but why the forward facing cameras? How will that catch a biker travelling at 90 mph standing on the 'saddle' or whatever they sit on.

And that policeman chasing that biker. Apparently he was only going to give them a warning ‘til one sped off'. Then the guy he did chase nearly dies, admittedly he shouldn’t be doing stupid manoeuvres like that, but if was only a minor incident why try to turn it into a death chase?

If some youth stole my car and burnt it, I doubt they would get 3 years for it either. Im sure that with 50% of the public not reporting a crime against a speed camera there must be something wrong with the present policy on them.

Please find a new position for your presenter, preferably making space ships out of washing up liquid bottles on Blue Peter.

Old 18 November 2003, 06:09 PM
MattN
Scooby Regular

Did you notice this though.

The ex copper was hit head on by a speeding driver.

Cause of accident, speeding driver. Erm, surely the cause was the fact one of them was on the wrong side of the road???

Nope couldn't happen, must have speed only that casued the crash.

Total crap.
Old 18 November 2003, 10:37 PM
drumsterphil
Scooby Regular

Angry

Registered and my opinion now added!
Old 18 November 2003, 10:42 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts
I wonder if SDB is going to express any "views" about the famous record holding scoob bring used near the start of the program?
Old 18 November 2003, 10:43 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Please click me gently

[Edited by Spoon - 11/18/2003 10:44:23 PM]
Old 19 November 2003, 11:21 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

I was so mad on there I double posted
Old 19 November 2003, 11:53 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Aaargh, I'm even more angry because I can't register on the site thanks to frigging Hotmail and there's idiots on there that need correcting.

One woman said: "If someone kills someone because they were driving recklessly or inattentively then they ARE real criminals."

Really? And how, exactly, does one propose that speed cameras catch reckless and inattentive drivers?

And then there's the Accident investigator who says "travelling 5 to 10 mph over the limit can definitely kill". I would like to ask him how many accidents he's investigated where the sole cause of the accident was the fact that the driver was exceeding the speed limit.
Old 19 November 2003, 09:08 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Did you see the Scoobs? That was around Skipton, where I live. The road where the blue one set off, out of a layby is fantastic cept they love to sit in lay bys, turnings, behind trees you name it, they'll hide behind it! The half a mile long straight is one of their favourite spots.

I've been stopped by the geordie bloke

And yes, the prog was a crock