Fate

Search this Thread

Old 16 November 2003, 05:45 PM
STi VII
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Is there such a thing?

I met someone new that I like a couple of months back and the attraction for me has developed over time but because of my feelings for my ex I am not pursuing them as I feel guilty and disloyal (work that logic out!) in some way even though my ex divorced me.

It's hard to get my head round it but this person really makes me smile. Maybe I am just on the rebound, who knows! I have to say though that we keep bumping in to each other all the time even though we don't live in the same town. She has even made comments that we are like a couple of magnets LOL and you know what it feels great to smile and laugh again.

She does make me smile as she is so outgoing unlike my ex who is a miserable moo LOL
Now the problem is that she has recently met another guy who she has been out with a couple of times and she has said to me that she is unsure of where it is going and if this other guy is right for her! Now is this a big come on or what? She keeps calling me babe and darling and has said that she is going to SPANK ME but I am unsure if it is just the terminology that she uses anyway.

She always smiles when she sees me and she even rang me up last night to ask me out to the cinema, I went but didn't try anything on in fact if any thing I was a bit aloof towards her because of my feelings for my ex and because I don't want to rush into anything with her.

She is going away for a week soon and I suppose I could use this time to see if I miss her while she is gone and then take it from there, the trouble is she has met this other guy and if I don't act soon I could lose her.

What a tangled skein it weaves

Anyone else got some examples of fate?

[Edited by STi VII - 11/16/2003 5:45:56 PM]
Old 16 November 2003, 05:48 PM
eClaire
Scooby Regular

Go get her
Old 16 November 2003, 05:55 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

What you waiting for... you have nothing to loose. If you dont like it.... move on !

There is life after EX ..................
Old 16 November 2003, 06:04 PM
alibi
Scooby Newbie

Jung called it synchronicity or meaningful coincidences.Sounds like an opportunity to me,won't hurt to put a toe in the water will it?
Old 16 November 2003, 06:08 PM
STi VII
Scooby Regular

Wink

Hmm which toe would that be LOL
Old 16 November 2003, 06:13 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seeing as we are doing the 'Jung' thing, I think this may be appropriate,

‘The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.’

I say, go for it, you only get one chance in life, dont think what might have been and if your ex is indeed an ex, by definition its over, let the chemical reaction thing happen and be transformed,

The quote has been used in my book, here it is in (sort of) context

So it continues with me feeling philosophical, the afternoon of utter boredom and hopelessness in a bad hotel in Greece surrounded by people who I cannot connect with on an intellectual level, waiting for the evening to arrive so we can go out get drunk and hopefully meet eligible females of breeding age. Its all a touch ritualistic and predictable, a kind of mating dance that has become more sophisticated (a little bit) and complex as humans have evolved, I am not sure if the actual act of love was really the whole point, more a case of base genetic urges combined with the need to feel wanted, validated, to be close to another human being and feel the warmth and share something beautiful for a fleeting moment, something significant to be cherished all the sweeter for its fleeting nature. Carl Jung once said,

‘The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.’

I subscribed to this view wholeheartedly I sincerely hoped I could meet somebody that I really connected with on many different planes, Physically, Intellectually and spiritually and if this wasn’t the case, so be it, I would have to find a dirty tart from Stoke who would let me stick my ***** in her, perhaps in exchange for sickly drinks with a high alcohol content !

Old 16 November 2003, 06:25 PM
STi VII
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thank you people it is time for me to start living again. Wish me luck as I may be gone some time. He who dares wins! I just hope I am daring enough for her.

Trending Topics

Old 16 November 2003, 06:47 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

if this wasn’t the case, so be it, I would have to find a dirty tart from Stoke who would let me stick my ***** in her, perhaps in exchange for sickly drinks with a high alcohol content !

FPMSL !

Andy
Old 16 November 2003, 06:53 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad you liked it Andy, part of my testing programme to see if my writing skills are high enough to continue and hopefully get it published some day.
Old 16 November 2003, 07:22 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

/\