Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

refunds 'n' stuff cont.

Search this Thread

Old 14 November 2003, 09:14 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I posted re a DVD drive I was taking back to a Tiny / Time outlet but they were having none of it due to no proof of purchase.
It would appear the wife had "tidied" the receipt away so it is now in my possesion.
After having experienced their customer services (and also cos I can get one cheaper ) I do not wish to have it replaced by them.
Am I with in my rights to ask for the cash back as opposed to a replacement product ?
Old 14 November 2003, 10:40 PM
dr_ming
Scooby Regular

No, I don't think you are (but I could be wrong, I used to work in retail, but a long, long time ago!). I believe that you have to allow the vendor a resonable opportunity to correct the problem, which may mean replacement or repair. No harm in asking though. Administration wise, it is probably easier for them to refund you.
Old 14 November 2003, 10:46 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

I agree with the last poster.
Basically you should go to the shop,pull up a chair and stay there until they offer to repair it/offer a replacement.You paid your cash,you have a right to a workable product.

They are breaking the law.
Old 14 November 2003, 11:00 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

dont want to get anything back from them except my ££ I entered a contractual agreement with them by purchasing the drive and they have been of no help what so ever !! I was on hold on the helpline for 1 hr recieved no reply to Email. The shop wouldnt give me the tel. no. for the head office and told me to contact the makers of the drive. Dont want to deal with them now !
Old 14 November 2003, 11:07 PM
dr_ming
Scooby Regular

Telling you to contact the maker of the drive is a) fobbing you off and b) illegal. Your contract is with Tiny/Time, not the drive vendor and, assuming the drive is still under warranty, they are legally obliged to rectify the problem or refund your money. If they don't, talk to trading standards. Loitering outside their shop and telling a few of their potential customers about your experiences might help to focus their minds
Old 14 November 2003, 11:28 PM
douglasb
Scooby Regular

Without a receipt you may be screwed (unless the product is exclusive to Time/Tiny and they can't fob you off.)

I had problems with Time/Tiny/The Computer Store and threatened to do exactly what Dr Ming suggested. A PDF of what I was going to give to potential customers sent to the MD of Time with copies to my two local newspapers produced results very quickly. It also produced interested phone calls from local journalists....

I think Time may be used to this sort of customer response....

Doug
Old 15 November 2003, 07:38 AM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Smile

Just 4 you PG