Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Bunch of tits at "Pee Cee" world

Search this Thread

Old 13 November 2003, 08:05 PM
gravelexpress
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Because I have a Pee Cee world crappy Packard Bell Pc most of the components are a bag of ****e.

So today I went to Above shop and to upgrade its pathetic sound card. After waiting 15 mins while staff dawdled around and ignored me. Eventually an "expert, freindly advisor" got off his fat butt to see what I wanted.

The "technician" advised me that I could not replace the in-built sound card. Only to disable it and put in a card in a PCI slot. Unfortunately I told him I didnt have a spare slot.

Ahh in that case you may want one of these----- an external all bells and whistles Audigy 2 Nx. Cool I thinks. How much. 100 squid. Woah.

Anyways bit the bullet and thought why not. How about some speakers then. What you got. Special offer sir. Save 20 quid when you buy both. Total Price 200 squid.

So I bring my purchases and a new mouse and a ink cartidge to the tills. Not a sales assistant in sight!!

2 security guards are stood there. sorry sir wont be a minute. The tannoy "assistant to the cash till please". another 5 mins. sorry sir about this. Then the security guard actually helps at the till obviously wanting to help.

Sorry sir. Let me put those through. Well poor chap cannot find bar code for the speakers. I say they are bundled with the sound card and he types the code in.

Thank you sir 150 pounds please.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

thats 100 squid discount cos of the lazy gits who cant be bothered to actually do anything for there wages. (just hope poor security guard doesnt get in bother cos he was the only decent person in there)
Old 13 November 2003, 08:10 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

the place should be avoided at all costs. i now use "Beemer Boy PC *Universe*" Top Service!

Old 15 November 2003, 11:00 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

So you are a thief then G Express!

Les

[Edited by Leslie - 11/15/2003 11:01:33 AM]
Old 15 November 2003, 11:10 AM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Cool

If you PC doesnt even have a PCI slot free I'd imagine it to be a bit of a coal burner performance wise tbo. The fact that it has no real upgrade path means you were a muppet for buying it in the first place

An external USB soundcard will prob slow it down even more, you lose massive FPS in most games with them compared to internal ones, lol
Old 15 November 2003, 11:50 AM
Nevetas
Scooby Regular

Leslie I'd hardly calling it thieving. Its there F*** up.

Anyway we're talking about Pee Cee world here, they deserve it for being so cr@p
Old 15 November 2003, 11:53 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Had a similar experience with a CD burner, it was reduced from £ 130.00 to £ 99.00, got to the till and it rang through at £ 75.00, RESULT!

I try not to shop there unless i have to but needs must.
Old 15 November 2003, 01:52 PM
class_A
Scooby Regular

As an ex PC World employee I confirm that the standard of service you received is what you should expect unless you are buying a 5 year Coverplan agreement.

I was one of the few people on the sales floor who:
a) Knew anything technical
b) Knew anything about Macs
c) Made an effort to go and help people "who are only buying a printer"

Trending Topics

Old 15 November 2003, 05:29 PM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

Yes I've had a few PissyWorld issues. Like stock being priced up differently and just recently being told a Neato CD labelling kit included Mac software when I thought it did not and asked what applicatiosn the mac templates supported.

I was also staggered at some for the prices they charge for toners. 100% mark up on some of them !

AlalnB
Old 15 November 2003, 05:46 PM
Davie
Scooby Regular

I am also an ex-employee at PC World.

When i wasn't trying to sell 5 years of cover to an old lady who was clearly on a tight budget, i was getting the lecture about targets targets targets.!!!!

So i legged it and became a nice Support person!
Old 15 November 2003, 06:00 PM
MrBurns
Scooby Newbie

buy from Dell online, I got a cracking deal and the machine can only be described as top notch. Got my first pc from pc world about 7 years ago and they neglected to give me all the pre-packaged cd's and some hardware bits like a speaker phone. Awful company that can only be beaten in poor service by Dixons. No surprise they are the same company then.
Old 15 November 2003, 07:01 PM
gravelexpress
Scooby Regular

yes i felt guilty especially for poor security guy, he was like i said trying to help. Unlike anyone else in the entire shop.

I hope I wasnt stealing as I was overcharged against the bundled price of the speakers, and the prices were not marked on any of the things I bought.

Jye I took up two bays worth of PCI replacing the pathetic 3d card with a G-force 5800, so this left only one slot of the 4 available due to the flippen huge Nvidia card.

The technical person wasnt much cop. I asked him if the latest PB computers had digital sound cards built in and if it was possible to buy the component. Reply was "uhh i dunno, and i we dont sell em"

Im not a muppet for buying the computer from that establishment. The missus "needed" a PC on the day.

I was sort of making a comment about due to the fact that no one could be bothered to attend to customers and it was to their loss. This is not a comment about all the staff who work there because previously have dealt with very freindly and helpful staff when looking for broadband package.

But yes generally avoid at all costs.

[Edited by gravelexpress - 11/15/2003 7:05:50 PM]

[Edited by gravelexpress - 11/15/2003 7:09:13 PM]
Old 15 November 2003, 07:41 PM
stormyuklondon1
Scooby Regular

i wouldnt call that theft. its more like obtaining property by deception
Old 15 November 2003, 07:43 PM
Taff107
Scooby Regular

gravel, to be pedantic, technically it is theft as you have made no effort to rectify the mistake in price that they charged you. However, they do rip people off so I wouldn't lose any sleep over it!
Old 15 November 2003, 07:50 PM
gravelexpress
Scooby Regular

Red face

yeah thats what the missus said and shes a brief

[Edited by gravelexpress - 11/15/2003 7:51:54 PM]
Old 15 November 2003, 07:57 PM
Taff107
Scooby Regular

R v Kaur - Ask her!
Old 15 November 2003, 09:40 PM
M J B
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

IMHO its not theft!

[Edited by M J B - 11/15/2003 9:42:49 PM]
Old 16 November 2003, 12:24 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

It doesn't really matter how you talk around it, it was deception by omission of the facts that were known and it can only be theft in the end. It was taking advantage of the security man who was trying to help and cannot be regarded as honest behaviour. How would you feel if he had to pay the difference on your behalf?

Les
Old 16 November 2003, 12:32 PM
CEL
Scooby Regular

Leslie

I hardly think they are going to fret about losing out on £100 do you?

Their mistake at the end of the day. Its not the customers resposibility to make sure they are charged the correct amount is it?
Old 16 November 2003, 12:58 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

Always wondered which muppets bought those overpriced PCs with no sensible upgrade path from that shop - and now we know

You may feel you got the better of them - but had you bought a proper PC in the first place you could have bought a cheaper internal card - so I reckon they're still up on the whole deal

Deano
Old 16 November 2003, 01:22 PM
Barron
Scooby Regular

Always wondered which muppets bought those overpriced PCs with no sensible upgrade path from that shop - and now we know
i bought a packard bell pc from currys, i'm v happy with, you sound like one of these know it alls who thinks he can make his own pc, i've got a pal like you, he offered to make me a pc with parts from computer shows, you might be able to upgrade this and change that but if your like him you do it that often because of problems, you probably spend much more than if you'd just bought one from a shop

Old 16 November 2003, 02:38 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

i started my 1st proper job with currys, which is the same company just about

i left cos i saw all the main people getting hammerd for targets everymorning

complete ****e, its good tho cos i can walk into the stores and sorta watch them eye me up for 2 mins then aproach me, and then tell them i now what there upto
Old 16 November 2003, 02:57 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

"Know-it-all"

"Can this PC be upgraded later on if I want better sound/graphics/more memory/faster CPU/bigger disk".

Not a tricky question. 5 mins with a "PC for beginners" mag should help you find the right questions and at least some of the info required to understand what the salesmans tells you.

Deano
(just bitter 'cos he didnt think of starting a chain of nation wide shops selling overpriced tat to the masses )

Old 16 November 2003, 07:24 PM
gravelexpress
Scooby Regular

Leslie **** off - I`m an honest person. £100 squid is no big deal to me. If I get to much change I give it back, when a crap shop undercharges you its not exactly armed robbery.I didnt mislead anyone or decieve anyone. Like I said it is bloody stupid that the poor security guard had to operate the till - I was pointing out to him where the barcodes were located when he had trouble scanning them. It didnt register on his machine so he typed the codes in and asked me to pay said amount.

Dsmith read the post - ******** the machine does have upgrades and Ive upgraded it!! hence no spare PCI slots
Old 16 November 2003, 07:48 PM
stormyuklondon1
Scooby Regular

if the amount doesnt bother you, i would suggest going back and paying it. How do you know that that helpful security guard hasnt got a right royal b8llocking, if not the sack because of a mistake he made in doing something that was not in his job description?
Old 16 November 2003, 08:51 PM
gravelexpress
Scooby Regular

what an excellent point you have -- so why did he?
Old 16 November 2003, 10:23 PM
LeeMac
Scooby Regular

Not a lover of PC world myself but
I bought a GFX card from back street place, nightmare getting it installed, decided it wasnt right took it back, they had to try it, said it was ok, i said prove it and show me, they couldnt get it working, eventually got money back

bought CDRW from PC world, problem with it freezing when writing, took it back got replacement straight away without them testing it
Old 16 November 2003, 11:02 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

"********" ? I'm not the one who bought a ****ey PC from PC world in the first place then started whinging about their service and sounding smug 'cos I've only handed a bit more rather than a lot more cash to them again.

If you've upgraded it and filled your PCI slots and knew it - I'm at a complete loss as to know why you went anywhere near the place again. Almost any e-tailer would have been cheaper and thats before you got talked into new speakers.

Deano
Old 16 November 2003, 11:09 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

np gravel, I was juss being a tit

Old 17 November 2003, 11:29 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Gravel, and CEL for information

Reading your original post, you told the security guard that the speakers were bundled with the sound card. So you deliberately misled him and you also knew the real price of the goods. I don't know how you can call that honest behaviour!

The other point is, regardless of whether £100 means much to PC World or to your own pocket, how much might it mean to the security guard who was actually trying to do you a favour. He might even lose his job over it. They would almost certainly discover the accounting mistake eventually.

I don't know whether you can live with that, your first post was full of the fact that you had cheated for a gain of £100, so you can't plead ignorance. An honest man would go back and put the matter to rights.

It is not necessary or clever to use obscene language in your reply to me.

Les
Old 17 November 2003, 11:36 AM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

PC world couldn't organise a p*ss up in an off-licence, so i find it highly, highly, extremely unlikely that they will trace the lost stock to this particular transaction, and then investigate to find out who was responsible, and manage to pinpoint it to one particular employee, and then take disciplinary action against him, resulting in him losing his job.

Let's face it, they will be losing stuff every day through shop lifting and staff incompetence, so why are they suddenly going to get excited about this minor loss, and then carry out a full bore investigation into it?

The bloke got away with the goods for slightly less than he should have paid - so what? get over it FFS.

Quick Reply: Bunch of tits at "Pee Cee" world