Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Orange upgrades - lied to/deceived by 3rd party supplier?!?

Search this Thread

Old 31 October 2003, 08:57 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Three weeks ago - Had a call from Orange Upgrades (or so they said) one evening asking if we wanted to upgrade the phone, we have two mobiles on the same plan, had this plan for 2 years. One phone is damaged although working fine.
We where offered a Motorola phone as a free upgrade as long as we kept our contract for another 12 months, this seemed reasonable.

Still haven't received the phone, called Orange to cancel it as we decided to have a shop around on plans and phones. Orange does not have a record or an upgrade and suggest it was a 3rd party supplier; they do not know who and can only tell us when the new phone goes live.

I am not sure what a 3rd party have to gain from this, we are keeping our original plan and numbers or at least that what we believe and that's what we are gonna do.

I do feel lied to and deceived by this 3rd party - The new phone will not be signed for and returned to sender.

This is really unprofessional and unscrupulous business practice IMHO so be warned, if you get a call to upgrade then get confirmation of whom is doing the upgrade.

[Edited by Paul Habgood - 10/31/2003 9:32:13 AM]
Old 31 October 2003, 08:59 AM
deanimus
Scooby Regular

I got a call from a 3rd party asking about upgrading my phone.
I said no thanks, And called Orange directly got my phone done that way. But guess thats a bit late for you now
Old 31 October 2003, 09:02 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Not too late, not signed anything, tricked into it the first place.
Old 31 October 2003, 11:17 AM
JR55
Scooby Regular

I had similar last week, when i received the phone I just sent it back via recorded delivery and checked with Orange that the contract was cancelled. i think that legally they have to give you 14 days "cooling off" period so as long as you don't use it you should be OK. Check with Orange though 'cos they did charge me 2 lots of line rental until I kicked off with them.
Old 31 October 2003, 01:43 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

I get the same
calls from either a mobile (o7) or a withheld number claiming to be on behalf of orange saying im entitled to free upgrade..

Last one claimed i could only get upgrades via them now and couldnt get them by phoning up orange from my phone- which i knew was rubbish as i had spoken to orange the day before..

bunch of garbage- even more annoying is the fact they call at 9am when ive been working the night before... [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]