Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Easy RentaCar

Search this Thread

Old 12 October 2003, 10:26 PM
Nigel H
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

The missus has sorted herself with an A Class from Easy Rentacrate for next week. 4 days for £30 , but she did book it a few months ago.

When I asked if she'd put all the insurance on to reduce the excess she said there wasn't any and the excess was £75 quid.

This all sounds to good to be true. Anybody had any experiences with this mob? She's renting it in Manchester.
Old 13 October 2003, 08:14 AM
Luke
BANNED

Make sure the car is clean when its returned. They play a game of making you wait a long time when they check the car when you return it. Some people sign the forms and as they dont think they have done any damage are happy...... then they get a bill for marks etc. Make sure you are with them when they check it over after and be alert when you first get it. Check everything.
Old 13 October 2003, 08:50 AM
supertouring
Scooby Regular

Wife used them earlier this year, and it was very simple and quick. Cheaper than any other hire company we could find. She only had a Corsa mind you.

Limited to only 75 miles per day, but you get that even if only part day - we took it out from the evening before as she was doing lots of milage and was cheaper than 20p per mile if you go over!

Note that they take a 50 quid credit car deposit and hold it for a month after returning the car, incase of speeding fines, parking tickets etc, but this was repaid on time.
Old 13 October 2003, 09:52 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Some people sign the forms and as they dont think they have done any damage are happy...... then they get a bill for marks etc.
Not any more, they were on Watchdog after loads of complaints and Stavros (or whatever his name is) changed the insurance. All you have to do is make sure the car is clean on your return, there is no excess for ANY damage and even the cleaning fee is reasonable if you're too lazy to wash it.
Old 13 October 2003, 05:16 PM
Nigel H
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks guys. That's was the missus was telling me, but it just sounds too good to be true. 30 quid for 4 days, no excess. I did know about the cleaning thing, but I can cope with that.
Old 13 October 2003, 06:27 PM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Used them a lot last year and it truly is a bargain.
They can be hired out for six months at a time so are even cheaper than contract hire and thats with paying the claim waver.

Nick
1997 Forester S/tb