Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

N Power presure sales on our local supermarket

Search this Thread

Old 11 October 2003, 05:44 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree wiv ya mat - N Power a scumbags.. I think they are all pretty bad, I'm with amerada at the moment and they have just been bought by powergen so I'm transferring.

I can't be arsed to shop around just to save a few quid, but today I got half a ton of leaflets through the door [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] from powergen..

LOL
Old 11 October 2003, 05:47 PM
Buckrogers
Scooby Regular

Cant stand pushy sales people.

Door to door are the worst.

Had one muppet, trying to sell me a "VIP Membership" to a night club. I explained that I was not interested and was in fact in the middle of eating my dinner. He took no notice and carried on his scripted sales pitch!
Said goodbye (words to that effect) and shut the door in his face.
Old 11 October 2003, 06:58 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Exclamation

I just tell them that I don't have a house, which to be fair is true as I'm still under my parents roof

Anyhoo, it seems to shut them up...having said that I'm bursting to have a rant at someone....might go shopping 2moro
Old 11 October 2003, 10:28 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bloody Credit Card salespeople in Homebase, got mithered three time by the same bloke (Skinny little run with bad breath, a worse suit, terrible aftershave and horrendous body odour), so I said,

"Thats three times in three weeks you have asked me if I want a card and I have explained three times I dont want one and been very polite, you obviously havent remembered me, therefore next time you ask me if I want a f*ckin MBNA F*ckin Credit card I will make F*ckin sure you remember me, least ways when you wake up again that is", I said it as half jest but he got the picture and next time he gestured to me as if he was going to attract my attention but smirked and made a fist hitting hand gesture and went the other way, classic, I can sympathise with the poor creature having to do that in Homebase but it was getting on my **** (a bit like the Corsa driver who harrased me verbally and got a face of chewed Peanuts for his trouble)

Normally very mild mannered but I was having my monthly really bad mood, which is me getting in touch with my feminine side !

I get more cantankerous with every passing year, 33 next month so lets see p1sses me off over the next twelve months.

Old 10 November 2003, 04:40 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Angry

Went shopping with my partner and 8 m/o, we enter the superstore and head for the baby changing facilities as Ayla needed changing. On the way to the changing room i stupidly looked up and caught the eye of a woman in a suit standing by a pop up display.
she then engaged my partner and i in conversation, she works for N Power and before we have a chance to say anything launches into he sales pitch.

As soon as i can get get a word in i mention we are heading to the baby change as the little one needs to be sorted out, she then stands in my way and says this will only take a bit longer.

She is then told in no uncertain terms to move!

I complained to the store manager, he apolgised and said they had had other complaints. I asked him why they where still there, he said it is a directive from head office. I said i would think twice about shopping there again.

I for one will never use the likes of N Power if they employ measures and people like this, even if it will save me a few pounds a year, disgraceful behaviour IMHO.

[Edited by Paul Habgood - 10/11/2003 4:46:29 PM]