Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

What would you have done? Road rage incident!

Search this Thread

Old 10 June 2003, 01:34 PM
super_si
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
classic Roid rage syndrome

hehe no seriously id kicked there **** si i get really wound up easy too these days.

Si

[Edited by super_si - 10/6/2003 1:43:19 PM]
Old 10 June 2003, 02:34 PM
Daz WRX
Scooby Regular

Just realised he called you a **** (or was that me )
no need for that and you dont even know the guy!

[Edited by Daz WRX - 10/6/2003 3:12:29 PM]
Old 10 July 2003, 06:26 PM
Defiant STI
Scooby Regular

Thanks for all the advice and comments Some of them literally had me crying with laughter!

Fuzz: Great comment DBY's incident LMAO!

Yoza: Come up with anything yet?

pslewis: It's dual carriage. Sorry for the confusion.

ianmiller999: Cheers mate for the 'official' defence, much appreciated!

Luke: Maybe we were wrong to get so wound up but I doubt you can honestly put your hand on your heart and tell us that you have never done anything remotely similar! But a good comment well made

[Edited by Defiant STI - 10/7/2003 6:26:51 PM]
Old 10 August 2003, 08:41 AM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Talking

I can't believe some of the replies on this thread, although they are in the minority.

Regardless of whether or not the Jaguar driver thought you were in the wrong, that is absolutely no excuse for his actions.

This happened to me a few years ago - passed an old nissan doing about 40 in a 60 limit at night. Single carriageway road, long straight, safe overtake.

Once passed, he flashed his lights and then immediately sped up to match my speed Overtook me through a 30 mph limited village and then proceeded to slow down again.

Got to a dual carriageway and he started weaving all over the road to prevent me overtaking. This went on for some miles

Eventually thought f*** it, I'm having this **** and managed to get alongside, at which point he looked over, put on some kind of uniform hat and pointed to the silver bars on his shoulder..

Under normal circumstances I may have thought (its dark remember) that he was police.

Unfortunately for him, I had 3 people in the car with me, a friend and his brothers

The two brothers just happened to be traffic , one of whom had just come off duty, and was more or less in uniform

Lets just say I doubt the to55er would ever pull a stunt like that again

[Edited by Diablo - 10/8/2003 8:42:36 AM]
Old 06 October 2003, 11:22 AM
Defiant STI
Scooby Regular

Angry

This is my first attempt at story telling so bare with me!

Fellow Scoobynet'er Daz WRX (my future brother in law!) and I were travelling back home along the A27 in Daz's MY02 WRX on Thursday night. The left lane was completely empty and as per normal everyone was inappropriately using the outside lane for no apparent reason. So Daz being a man of action undertook a few cars a national speed limit when a J reg Jag decides to deliberately stop him!

With no indication what so ever the Jag drifted into the inside lane to block us. Assuming it was a complete accident Daz drifted back out into the fast lane only to be blocked by the Jag AGAIN! At this point we were both fairly p*ssed off at the fact that the Jag driver was playing VERY dangerous games with our lives. Daz flashed his lights as if to say "WTF are you playing at" to which the driver of the Jag flicked us the bird and decided to slow down to around 50 just to **** us off! More traffic had joined from a slip road so the Jag driver was now deliberately blocking both lanes by matching the speed of the vehicles on the inside to prevent us overtaking.

I couldn't believe my eyes. Anyway, the Jag (containing 3 people of various ages judging my the various hairlines!) speed off and continue to block our progression to Portsmouth even when the carriage way become 4 lanes by swerving into the lanes we were trying to use!

After consulting with Daz I thought it might be a good idea to follow the said car and have words with the driver. Seeing as how we were out numbered I really didn't want it turning out nasty but secretly wanted to kill the Jag driver. Anyway, they turned off the A27 and we began to follow them through various roads until I saw the driver and passengers exchanging mobile phones. At this point we broke off the chase and carried on back home assuming they were contacting the police.

Ever since then it's really been bugging me. I don't get easily wound up but when I do, well, the Hulk would be jealous

What would you guys have done because I seriously wanted to hurt them and it's not even my car!
Old 06 October 2003, 11:32 AM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

Wink

sounds like the Jag driver got off far too lightly. should have been forced off the road, dragged out of his car and stomped to death.
Old 06 October 2003, 11:36 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

You did the best thing mate, you didn't let it get to the point of a physical showdown. Because whatever had happened then, it would be on your mind a lot longer than your constant thinking of it now, particularly if you'd been hurt. Let it go - accept there are such idiots on the road. You'll probably never see the bloke again in your life - just be thankful for that.

Trending Topics

Old 06 October 2003, 12:10 PM
DJ140
Scooby Regular

I'd have pulled of the motorway and waited a couple of minutes. Not worth the hassle, probably no insurance and on drugs and the calls they were making were to their mates!
Old 06 October 2003, 01:11 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Sorry but a J reg Jag wouldn't have stopped me getting past.
Old 06 October 2003, 01:21 PM
DBY
Scooby Regular

Have to agree with Spoon
Old 06 October 2003, 01:29 PM
Hobo_Jojo
Scooby Regular

i would have hung out the window and filled their car with holes with my ak47
Old 06 October 2003, 01:34 PM
Hobo_Jojo
Scooby Regular

or more realistically i would have farted in their general direction
Old 06 October 2003, 01:36 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

illegally undertaking, probably what pissed the guy in the jag off. always some tosser who thinks this is acceptable, placing their own and other peoples lives in danger.

having driven in america on the interstates i think that overtaking/undertaking works well - but only when other people are expecting it.

what if an mpv full of kids had switched back to the left lane as you were undertaking in its blindspot?

Old 06 October 2003, 01:37 PM
Andy McCord
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I dont think they would off been phoning the police, probably gathering a welcoming commitee off silverbacks equipped nice long pieces off hickory for when you all stopped

you did the right thing!! you just dont realise it yet
Old 06 October 2003, 01:49 PM
Defiant STI
Scooby Regular

Wink

ProperCharlie: Probably would have made us feel better!

Telboy: Your right mate, I think it was the right thing to do but it just annoys me everytime I think about it. Grrrrr....

DJ140: Very sensible although I'm not sure many Scooby owners know the meaning of the word

Spoon and DBY: I don't know about that. If you value your pride and joy I doubt you would try to overtake someone who seems willing to take the front of your car off! I'm not up on the Jag models but I believe it was a XJ. It had twin exhaust and seem fairly nippy for something so long.

Hobo_Jojo: You got ma back homes, word!

Super_Si: LOL mate! Well you would know You should have been there mate, would have be a picture if all of us got out of the car Bodybuilders and WSM candidates, bet they would have run a mile!

JJones: Thanks for that. Maybe they should learn better lane discipline.

Andy McCord: Probably mate, the odds were already against us. The trouble is you never know who you are messing with
Old 06 October 2003, 01:53 PM
super_si
Scooby Regular

lol sounds awesome apart from the running part

I'd picked the jag up and rolled it hehehehehe
Old 06 October 2003, 01:54 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yes i agree they should learn better lane discipline, and people who sit in the wrong lane for no reason **** me off but what your mate did was ten times worse.

Old 06 October 2003, 01:56 PM
ZIPPY
Scooby Regular

Where there is a will there is a way, i would have done my hardest to get past and to see how FAR he would have gone.When the red mist decends and all that,the best thing to do is back off take a run and fake him into the wrong direction change then brake test the pr#ck when you are past him.
I like that move, in fact the little t#sser yesterday in his Saxo VTS didnt know what way to go when he tried bloking me yesterday on a dual carrigeway.
Remember Scoobs seem to cause agrression from other drivers a lot of the time even when you dont upset them.

Zippy
Old 06 October 2003, 02:05 PM
DRUNKNORGY
Scooby Regular

As long as there isnt a large difference between the 2 lanes, Undertaking isn't illegal and hasn't been for 15 odd years now. Best let goons like that go as they are beyond reason (and wouldn't have been so tough without the samurai sword in the boot ).
Old 06 October 2003, 02:12 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Must have 'undertaken' dozens on the M25 on Saturday – and that with a huge empty lane of fresh air between us! So many were just sitting in lane 3 of 4 whilst I was ambling along at 70, on the cruise control, in lane 1. Are you seriously suggesting I have to drag myself across 4 lanes to overtake some dozy selfish ***** who probably doesn’t even realize there are other cars ON the road. I do sympathise…
Old 06 October 2003, 02:18 PM
Defiant STI
Scooby Regular

Wink

ZIPPY: I'll remember that one!

DRUNKNORGY: I wasn't aware of that, cheers

Diesel: I totally agree but it seems that expressing such an opinion might cause undeserved insults from JJones. I can't believe he called me a ****
Old 06 October 2003, 02:30 PM
Daz WRX
Scooby Regular

OK undertaking is a no no but if there is nothing in front of me for a mile and a half and 10 people are sitting in another lane then I'm bloody well going to carry on driving in the lane I'm in.
(or should I pull out into all the traffic and sit there doing 60 ish waiting for everyone to realise that the lane next to them is available. Think not, no doubt jjones would though. Oh and as for some mpv moving over then I had plenty of time to stop in such a case. arent there wing mirrors on cars these days which are utilised for changing lane?

As for passing the ******, there were oportunities as Defiant can confirm but I'm already pi55ed by now after being blocked twice and given the finger I think of an alternative......

Daz.

Old 06 October 2003, 02:38 PM
Defiant STI
Scooby Regular

I think it was both of us he was referring too. Never mind, don't want to resort to his level.

Wait a second, what car do you drive JJones? Silver Jag by any chance?
Old 06 October 2003, 02:40 PM
JR55
Scooby Regular

If you are in the inside lane travelling at a constant speed do you really have to join the line of clowns in the outside lane to overtake them?? I thought it was legal to stay in your lane and undertake is this the case or not?
Old 06 October 2003, 02:47 PM
supertouring
Scooby Regular

Did you not get his reg number - not that it is likely to match the car he was in?
Old 06 October 2003, 02:51 PM
DBY
Scooby Regular

I had a similar thing happen to me on the M3 by Winchester in the outside lane was a Scaab 9000 which would not move out of the way doing a constant 70 mph. So I took it on my self to undertake right in front of a Golf VR6 un marked Police car they had in car video and clocked me undertaking at 84 mph and then tried to follow me with speeds in excess of 120mph in the outside lane.
When they pulled me over I was invited back to their car to watch it all again needless to say they through the book at me ,12 months ban and a compulsery re test at the end. So I had to get a Barrister and Solicior to get me off this cost £774 plus 6 points and £200 fine so it aint worth the aggro. This was all in 1995 and my car was Honda Civic VTR
Old 06 October 2003, 02:52 PM
Daz WRX
Scooby Regular

Not sure on the law but IMO it was safe to do so so I remained in lane. Had I any doubt I would have immediatly indicated and manouvered into the outer lane.

Just thought I'd add if I did pass the jag on the inside I would still have remained in that lane until my exit which was the next one.

This could depend on you opinion of undertaking, if undertaking is staying at a constant speed while traffic on outer lanes moves at a slower pace then I'm guilty.
As for speeding down inside lanes then pulling back out into outer lanes after passing a few cars then this is just plain stupid and IMO what the term undertaking realy refers to.
Old 06 October 2003, 02:57 PM
Daz WRX
Scooby Regular

DBY, sorry to hear that mate but this was a totally different situation. I was doing 70 whilst the outer lane was going bout 60-65 ish, I wasnt bombing it or breaking the speed limit.
As for 120+ thats insane!
Old 06 October 2003, 03:47 PM
yoza
BANNED

The next time you see me, I will show you a device which will stop all this messin about 99% guaranteed. And I use it all the time.

Its used to get people like the above mentioned to move out of your way, and works better in the dark, as the one percent who didnt pull over were driving in the daylight.

Can get a bit embarrassing though when they pull right over to the hard shoulder and stop!

Later Yoza

But its not exactly legal.....
Old 06 October 2003, 03:51 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Yoza, nothing you do is exactly legal

Keep a disposable camera with flash. If anyone drives like a loon, get your passenger to take a pic, with flash. They'll pap themselves.

Quick Reply: What would you have done? Road rage incident!