Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

RAC cover continuous payment!!

Search this Thread

Old 26 September 2003, 08:03 AM
Fast_Blue_Scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a warning if anyone cancels the way the RAC take payment through annual continuous payment, well they still continue to take the payment despite the fact that I cancelled well over a month before it was due!!!

I have the emails from the RAC confirming cancellation so I have wrote a strong email back demanding my money back.

I hate these new continuous payment schemes that companies are trying to get you to sign up. You give them your card details and away they go and you can't stop them!!!

What was wrong with good old fashioned direct debits, at least you could cancel direct debits with your bank and stop the money going out. With debit card/credit cards you would have to cancel the card!!!!

Anyway I am classing what the RAC have done as theft and have got in touch with my bank to make a strong complaint. I am now £108 down on my money for the weekend, not pleased at all!!!!!
Old 26 September 2003, 08:28 AM
EvoBarry
Scooby Regular

Another thing the RAC did that annoyed me:

I had a few years of not claiming so they upgraded me for "free" for a year, sounds cool etc until I read the small print.

IF I didn't tell them in writing to cancel the upgrade after the year was up (30days before the new yr started) they would leave the upgrade in place and charge me accordingly from then on...and I don't know about you guys but I find that downright cheeky if not a touch immoral as they know full well most ppl haven't the time and energy to be checking stuff like this in the day to day running of their lives.

I have a good mind to cancel my poicy entirely to be honest, but even that looks fraught with problems if the above post is anything to go by. Christ, is there any companies out there even trying to look after their customers interests these days??!

[Edited by EvoBarry - 9/26/2003 8:29:33 AM]
Old 26 September 2003, 09:10 AM
Fast_Blue_Scooby
Scooby Regular

Well I am still waiting for a reply to my srong email I sent this morning. I forwarded their emails confirming that they would cancel my payment so it will be interesting to see what they have to say for themselves.

From now on, if companies are going to insist on this type of payment, I am NOT going to take up their services. Direct debit I will allow them as I can cancel these myself using my online bank.

I wonder why this type of payment is always cheaper to start off with!?!?! I know the RAC and AA knock £5 off if you pay this way. To them they can just continue taking the money out and in the long run, they end up better off as 90% of the people won't look for a better deal a year later. It is much cheaper to start a new policy each year than renew!!!

Well not this time RAC, I have complained to my bank that it is theft and unauthorised use of my card, so not only do I want the £108 put back into my account but I am making a serious formal complaint and I am going for the kill!!!

[Edited by Fast_Blue_Scooby - 9/26/2003 9:11:40 AM]