Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Liquifaction Of A Company - Cheap

Search this Thread

Old 23 September 2003, 12:52 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Question

My last company could not afford to pay me, so I got made redundant but owed a months wages etc [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Now, a month later they are still trading, albeit qietly, and I have not seen a penny of my wages [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

They "say" that they are collecting outstanding monies from clients in order to pay me before shutting down (but they owe money to people other than I), so I presume going into recievership maybe.

Based solely on my dismissal letter I could get a winding up order on them, get the appointed receiver to get my money, but it'll cost me some £500. Any other way I can force them into receivership or get them wound up without paying?

I don't even think I can make a claim from the DTi insolvency fund whilst they're still trading

Ideas?
Old 23 September 2003, 01:20 PM
Fatman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No a winding up order is the best way. I do this as part of my job. £500 is actually a good price. It probably wouldn't come to that - if they're really still trading then hopefully the threat will be sufficient.
Old 23 September 2003, 01:25 PM
mitch779
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Puff,

Check www.insolvency.co.uk. there is loads of info, basiclly if you are owed £750 or more and have attempted to during the previous 21 days to obtain this you can apply to a court for compulsory liquidation!!! I am sure that if you had every thing ready to go ie forms filled etc and gave them a call to explain what is about to happen you would get your wages. Generally as soon as the bank gets wind of this everything will be frozen so they will essentially be bankrupt and it is a very difficult situation to get out of for them.

mitch