Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Where do I stand?

Search this Thread

Old 17 September 2003, 01:15 PM
C
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok this is the situation:

About a year ago now we moved into a rented property. Due to the area we live in, its a rule that we are NOT allowed sky dishes on the side of the house...

This left s with no alternative but bloody NTL.

So, we checked out what we could get with them, & decided on the full monty with a phone line, broadband & the TV (sky type) package.

It was £77 per month, which we were ok with

We had a guy cme round & install the STB, cable modem & wires for broadband etc, but he couldnt do the phone as its a central exchange type thing (posh flats with a central box for which we dont get a key for).

We never signed anything on the day to say we were in receipt of this equipement, have never even SEEN a contract with DDM bits to fill out let alone sign it etc.

We are now a year down the line & we havent paid them a penny, never been chased for any money, they keep mailing us as 'prospective customers' etc.

We have tried to sort it out over the phone, but the monkeys they employ cant grasp the concept of what we are trying to tell them that we have all this kit & services for free, all they keep saying is in effect to them we do not exist!.

We are at the stage now where I actually cant be bothered to sort it with them, we have the money if need be to pay them, but based on the fact that we have NEVER signed anything, can they make us pay? I fancy trying to shaft them if they ever did notice & not pay them at all but legally could we do this?

I was under the assumtion that if we used thier service, we were liable for costs regardless if we signed anything or not?

Anyone know what we could do?

Or shall we just stay quiet, safe in the knowledge that they are actually the most incompetant company in the UK?

Old 17 September 2003, 01:30 PM
Trashman
Scooby Regular

I guess your continued use of the service would in part be agreement to their terms and conditions and the fact that you originally asked for the service would probably mean they could argue a legal point to demand immediate payment in the future. However, if you are/have made all reasonable attempts - and can prove that (copies of letters etc etc) - you would be within your rights to ONLY pay for the services you agreed to initially. What I mean by that is that they would be unreasonable charging interest on service charges that they collected late.

Obviously you should continue to make attempts on a regular basis
Old 17 September 2003, 01:36 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Cool

"Or shall we just stay quiet, safe in the knowledge that they are actually the most incompetant company in the UK?"

along with SKY.

There's your answer ! U cant say u didn't try to pay.