Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

HELP !! Drugs

Search this Thread

Old 09 August 2003, 03:23 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like she is suffering from cannabis psychosis- my advice would be to get her to the doctor and tell them exactly what happened.

Marijuana is generally a safe drug but when ingested in quantity the effects can be unpredictable to say the least.

edited to say: cannabis is not easily "flushed" from the body in a similar way to other drugs.

[Edited by NACRO - 9/8/2003 3:25:13 PM]
Old 09 August 2003, 03:32 PM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

wwsd - never one to worry unnecessarily!

edited to say:

Shes probably just a wuss and its probably just shocked her system - take her to the doctors or A&E if its really bad - try NHS direct first!

[Edited by Scooby96 - 9/8/2003 3:33:57 PM]
Old 09 August 2003, 06:23 PM
chaos.
Scooby Regular

I doubt its the scunk that caused this. The effects usually ware off in 3 or 4 hours. Sounds like the spliff or cake were laced to give an extra kick weed dont make you forget things or people..

[Edited by Redkop - 9/8/2003 6:48:28 PM]
Old 08 September 2003, 03:20 PM
SinghSuperStud
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Hi,

before anybody rants on about misuse of drugs please put that to the side and try and put somehting on here which'll be of some use.

A group of friends and me went on a trip to Amsterdam. My friend had some 'space-cake' from one of the cofee shops as did I, a short while later she had three quarters of an average size spliff. I know that was stupid, particularly as the hit froma space cake can take a while.

An hour or so later my mate went weak all of a sudden and she had to be carried back to the hotel. The bar owner suggested some water with sugar to revitalise her sugar levels but she refused this. SInce then (about two days ago) she's had a lot of sleep, not drunk much and keeps acting delerious, ie. asking what happened, if things are real, who I am etc etc. Occasionally she'll seem fine. She seems to be more responsive than she was a day or so ago but now she's home is there anything more we can do ???

I purchased a tablet (can't remember the name) which claims to flush out all toxins from the body - it had all the ingrediesnts etc. and was blister packed and I made sure it wasn't yet another weird tab. The dosage was 3 x 2 tablets but as I was unsure I only gave her one.

I'm in need of help as we're all worried about her but I don't know the first thing about this. Is it worth taking her to the doctor or do we just let nature do her business and flush all the crap out from her system itself ?

Me and my mates will definately consider this alesson learnt but right now we're all stressing !!!

HELP !!!!

Thanks, Jai
Old 08 September 2003, 03:27 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

Difficult call - i suppose the safest thing would be to take her to a doctor but the risks are that:

1) The Doc may have a sh*te attitude to this sort of thing
2) There may be not much that they can do anyway, and the experience may be stressful for your friend, bearing in mind her condition

I've seen people pretty messed up for 48 hours and then gradually get back to normal. Canabis does not have any toxic effects in these sort of quantities so it could be she just needs a bit of time to get her head together.
Old 08 September 2003, 03:27 PM
yoza
BANNED

Go the doctors with her dont put it off. Tell him exactly what she had, dont delay. Youve nothing to worry about, but you may have if you dont go.
Old 08 September 2003, 03:28 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Take her to the doctors.

It does seem that your friend has had a somewhat severe reaction, so there may be other things up with her that need to be investigated.

There is no crime in this country of getting stoned in another country.

Old 08 September 2003, 03:28 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Some negative affects :- was she stable mentally before taking it?

nausea, especially in combination with alcohol, some pharmaceuticals, or other psychoactives
coughing, asthma, upper respiratory problems
difficulty with short term memory during effects and during periods of frequent use
racing heart, agitation, feeling tense
mild to severe anxiety
panic attacks in sensitive users or with very high doses (oral use increases risk of getting too much)
headaches
dizziness, confusion
paranoid & anxious thoughts more frequent
possible psychological dependence on cannabis
clumsiness, loss of coordination at high doses
can precipitate or exacerbate latent or existing mental disorders
Old 08 September 2003, 03:30 PM
Badger Stuffer
Scooby Regular

Search Google for some drugs help lines and I am sure they will be able to give you some advice or at least point you in the right direction.

If in doubt, seek medical help ASAP.

I hope this helps. I have no experience in these matters.

Old 08 September 2003, 03:35 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Smile

keeps acting delerious,
That bit's normal feminine behaviour, for the rest, especially the not drinking a lot, take her to her doctors.

Old 08 September 2003, 03:37 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Scooby96 - they are the medical facts re overdosage, I could past up the article from Lancet - but it would send you all to sleep (which is a coincidence LOL)

Old 08 September 2003, 03:38 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Hello

Just make sure that she is aware you are taking her to the doctor's. It will stay on her record that she is brought in for some drug related problem.

End of her career opportunities in the government and secret service (not a joke).

Steve.
Old 08 September 2003, 03:39 PM
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

Doctor ASAP M8, in very rare cases cannabis can bring on severe depression or even mental dissorders... if symptoms are persisting u need to take action now!

best of luck
Rich
Old 08 September 2003, 03:39 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
Sometimes the effects of cannabis psychosis carry on for a very long time.......if not permanantly.

I'd advise getting advice ASAP.

BTW I'm not anti-cannabis in anyway, I'm just a realist.
Old 08 September 2003, 03:40 PM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

Unless the person accompanying her says someone gave her a cake but didnt tell her what was in it and she unwittingly smoked almost a whole spliff (worth a try at least!)
Old 08 September 2003, 03:45 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Cool

Sounds like good stuff What was the address again?

UB
Old 08 September 2003, 04:00 PM
Luke
BANNED

Ok.... What was the spliff made from??? was it some fancy skunk??? If it was hash...ask the person who rolled it if they remember anything funny about the way it Burnt when he was building the thing..

many years ago the a mate of mine had some hash and it nocked him for six..big time. Lucky he still had some left. When we looked at it ..it was full of tiny white crystals....Someone had been adding some chemicals to the hash...wasnt nice. Bit of a bad trip..

Also what was the hashcake like ????? was it a normal high or was the thing loaded to the max???? If she has eaten a shed load of the stuff... could be that.

Trouble is on this...... whats the best thing to do???? Can a doctor be called..will it affect her future as mentioned..will they care!!

But maybe you need some very good advice far more than I or most here could give. Dope has caused major problems before....its not a foolproof drug.

whatever...she needs friends.
Old 08 September 2003, 04:07 PM
FiveO
Scooby Regular

Wink

The dudes on www.overgrow.com could probably help.
Old 08 September 2003, 05:27 PM
wakeboardar
Scooby Regular

she is still stoned eating the stuff last A HELL OF LONG TIME she will be fine in a few days
Old 08 September 2003, 05:39 PM
Buckrogers
Scooby Regular

If you don't take her to the doctors:
Drinking LOTS of water will help. (A natural way of flushing toxins from the body.)

Orange juice will also help, as it is replacing the Vitamin C that has been lost thru drug use.
Old 08 September 2003, 05:57 PM
workshy_fopp
Scooby Regular

What's a doctor going to do, they're feckin useless at the best of times. Sounds like she's just sleeping it off and doesn't know what being hugely stoned is supposed to feel like. It will take a couple of days to wear off.
As said before Vitamin C will straighten you up and sugar will help you recover from a "whitey". Although it's a bit late for that now.

Old 08 September 2003, 06:13 PM
Poor Guy
Scooby Regular

my mate did this. he was ****ed for days. he got over it a week l8r cos us young uns is 'ard!.

but ring a helpline or go to doctor.
Old 08 September 2003, 06:22 PM
SinghSuperStud
Scooby Regular

Hi !

thanks for all your help - latest :

went to the doc's - waste of time. He says she needs to flush it out, wait for a week and if she's the same bring her back ! w*nker !!!!! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

going to call NHS direct unless people can suggest any drug helplines which may be better ?

I had some of the space cake myself but had a trip for a bout half an hour and have since recovered - I've never smoked anything in my life and I had a whole slice - guess it affects different people in different ways !

please keep the suggestions coming in - it's a great help

jai
Old 08 September 2003, 06:27 PM
camk
Scooby Regular

eating it lasts much longer than smoking. Dr ain't going to be able to do much now, bed rest , fluids etc
Old 08 September 2003, 06:28 PM
SinghSuperStud
Scooby Regular

one last thing - cuz I'm new to this I'm not too sure if space cake had marijuana or cannabis ?

I've got no idea about this kinda stuff !

jai
Old 08 September 2003, 06:36 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Sure she will be fine given a bit of time to flush the stuff out of her sytem mate. May call everyone 'man' for a few weeks mind .

Guy I know called a Dutch ambulance there and immediately jumped in the back when it arrviedle. Paramedics told him the condition was called 'stoned' and that they could do nowt and had better things to do and would he get out of the ambulance. Bugger was so freaked out he wouldnt budge and strapped himself in! SOoooooooooo funny looking backl at it now.

Also had to walk a Drug Squad officer around Amsterdam holding his hand! He explained clearly to me what was going on (he knew from his training...) but that he still needed my hand - the big 17st 6'4" lump!

Not my tickle grass
Old 08 September 2003, 06:48 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

i am going to have to get to amsterdam and try some of this super weed. is it as good as everyone make out?

cheers

sinky

Quick Reply: HELP !! Drugs