Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Road rage again

Search this Thread

Old 28 August 2003, 12:11 AM
LanciaChris
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im sure this sort of thing has come up before but I thought id just relate a little experience from earlier today.

Easier to understand for those of you who live round m25 j8 -

Driving along the a217 coming up on the tadworth roundabout from the south side, my friend is in his alfa 2 cars ahead. On the roundabout itself a blue cavalier does the usual muppet thing and tries to drift across lanes despite them being clearly marked - and my friend was alongside him! my friend stays where he was (nowhere else he could go) and the cavalier drops back then cuts in right in front of me with about an inch to spare - what there was was because I was expecting the idiot to do it, no indication etc. I gave him a blast on the horn, which is very rare for me to use.

Off the other side of the roundabout he sits about an inch off my friends bumper, i turn off going home. At the next traffic lights (the burgh heath ones) the guy stops beside my friend, starts shouting at him etc then punches him. Apparently friend hit him back then ran the light.

my question is this - is it worth reporting to the police? in this case there was no real harm done - my friend has a bit of a sore nose but thats it, but who knows what the **** might do next time.

And if anyone sees blue h reg cavalier, possibly beginning h69 that billows black smoke when accelerating I want to know about it.
Old 28 August 2003, 12:20 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Of course it should be reported!!

Its hard for your friend to punch him back AND then shoot the lights???????

I ALWAYS haul my 4rse OUT of the car if someone wants to try something - you MUST NOT sit IN the car and allow them to punch you through the window ................. you NEED to be at their height and NOT fall over when the punch comes, if indeed it does!!

Haven't had many arguments continue beyond me getting out the car

Also, you know that knife you carry for fishing????????????????????!!!!!!!

REPORT IT!!

Pete
Old 28 August 2003, 08:59 AM
SD
Scooby Regular

Arrow

I know the roundabout well and it really annoys me when people do that and drift across the lanes. Get the bloke to kick up a stink with the police. Most of the people at the roundabout will be seen there at the same time every day as it's a commuter run, so keep an eye out as well.
Old 28 August 2003, 09:09 AM
PiNkEyE69
Scooby Regular

Hang on! You beeped him, and your friend gets the grief for it???
Maybe he thought it was your friend who used the horn, otherwise it couldn've been you.
Old 28 August 2003, 10:15 AM
LanciaChris
Scooby Regular

Thats what really annoyed me - if anyone it shouldve been me.

ill see if i can convince my friend to report it, but I doubt he will as he has a VERY low opinion of police (but then he has 9 points on his license (speeding, speeding, tyres below limit - although the tyres had worn out inside 7 thousand miles - pilot exaltos - and the outer wear indicators which he had been checking were fine). Anyway, he tends to not like police very much as they do tend to treat everyone like criminals - last contact I had with the police was when someone hit my (parked) car and drove off and for that they were trying to charge ME with a multitude of things which were of course all bollocks.