Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Council garden rubbish collection. Crazy!

Search this Thread

Old 25 August 2003, 02:32 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My council has policy of collecting garden rubbish from ppl's houses free of charge. It is then either used for compost or mulched and put back into the parks etc.

I have a lawn full of conifers i chopped down last week so rang the council to get them collected. They siad I'd have to wait 3 weeks before they could come.I also had to chop the branches into 24" lengths. To top it all I could only have he truck for 20 mins at a time to load the trees onto. Thinking it will take longer than that I sais Ill book 2 sessions of 20mins to run one after the other. Was told against council policy to do this so could have another appointment two days later.

I have now got a local Gyppo to take it away at a small cost to myself. I wonder where this stuff will end up. Whats more wherever it does end up I bet it'll be the council that has to shift it again to the tip.

Chip.
Old 25 August 2003, 03:02 PM
John Catlin
Scooby Regular

Angry

Down the road from me like all the rest of the rubbish. !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 25 August 2003, 03:03 PM
47 NAT
Scooby Regular

The chances are its ended up in the local park If you would of chucked it outside your property (I know its wrong) it would of got priorty no doubt and got took away ASAP. The council have got some peculiar rules and regs that have no doubt been thought up from Brussels or the like. Sometimes their policies can be a bit too creative in imagination...

Although I cant understand there way of saying you 20 minutes to load it up...Or maybe thats so they can keep tabs on their workers?!

Nath
Old 25 August 2003, 03:09 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

shoulda burned it off bit by bit.

Fly tipping is far worse than littering.

UB
Old 25 August 2003, 03:39 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

our bin men aren't supposed to pick up garden refuse.... but why??? Its more degradeable than the rest of the crap that gets put into the ground.

Anyway, I bought a garden shredder in the end. You can mulch tons of clippings etc into a single black bag without twigs poking through the sides. Then add a few empty beer bottles so it makes a nice clunking noise when lifted and they take it no complaints