Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Mind boggles!!

Search this Thread

Old 21 August 2003, 09:37 AM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

On the way home yesterday evening, coming back via the country lanes and as the sun is quite low, I'm taking a great deal more care than normal.

So I come round a corner to find a woman in a new Polo, stopped in the road. As I approach, she moves off (no indicator use), and potters along the road for about 40 yards, before lamping on the brakes again! Confused, I wait, and let her drive off again... another 50 yards, and brake!

Then it clicks - because the sun is low, and semi-blinding, she's stopping because she can't see. Really, really safe, bearing in mind she's on a narrow country lane, at national speed limit, and she's parked in the middle of it!!!

So I waited for the next time she ventured forwards, and overtook, shaking my head in disbelief... She didn't even have her sun visors down from what I could see!!

Then this morning, M40 south towards Warwick. I'm in the fast lane, overtaking a Passat and Mini Cooper who'd finally realised there was a middle lane that was empty, and this pr!ck in an old silver Clio, who'd been causing a tailback earlier by hogging the outside lane, pulls out in front of me! No reason - the car in front of him in the middle lane was a long, long way in front. Then looks surprised when I full-beamed him. Didn't pull back in though, just sat there, chugging along until he'd eventually overtaken another car...

Grrrr... Where's the valium?
Old 21 August 2003, 11:45 AM
Jiggerypokery
Scooby Regular

Sod the valium! You need a bazooka!!
Old 21 August 2003, 12:19 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Duck_Pond- The worst thing about these incidents is that, I believe, the offenders actually haven't got a clue that they are doing wrong.

On the whole I believe there is no malicious intent whatsoever, just total ignorance to the correct procedure and safety.

It makes you wonder how they conduct their lives day to day.
Old 21 August 2003, 12:22 PM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

Smile

They're the real life Mr Beans. They drift about in their own world, leaving a trail of mayhem in their wake.

"Darling, did you see that terrible crash on the news earlier? I can't believe my luck, as I drove past the scene only moments before it happened..."

Old 21 August 2003, 12:32 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

lol, and she replies " yes dear I did and it reminded me of how you and I were just infront of that motorway pile-up last year"
Old 21 August 2003, 12:33 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Seriously lacking any common sense....

This guy opposite work gets shunted up the ar$e end by a bus but not seriously damaged but he thought it was a good idea to leave the car exactly where it was. Stopped next to one of them traffic islands so pedestrians can cross roads safely.

No-one could get passed and had to resort to crossing into the oncoming lane to get round . Rolling the car 10ft forward would have solved 90% of the tailback that he caused.

I think an IQ test should be compulsory for any new drivers wanting to pass their test. Anything less than 90 and you fail. Harsh????
Old 21 August 2003, 01:00 PM
Mossman
Scooby Regular

Angry

Speed does not kill, bad driving kills, and why don't the f$cking Government and Police understand that!?!??!
Grrrr....... makes me MAD!

Mossman

Trending Topics

Old 21 August 2003, 01:03 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Exclamation

Compulsory(sp) re-testing every 5 years is the only way forward.

Make the test twice as hard as the "idiot test" they do now.

[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 21 August 2003, 01:26 PM
hail-hail
Scooby Regular

The real problem is you can pass a driving test without actually knowing what a Motorway is
Re-testing won't make any difference, the driving test should include motorway driving and etiquette (sp?)
After driving in Europe recently, the lane discipline is excellent, I would be willing to bet it is covered in their driving tests.
Old 21 August 2003, 01:35 PM
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

Dear Duck-Pond, we,ve got you!!! That was Sir Jeffory of Wode wearing a headscarf in a collapsed old seat driving the Polo, mind you he can't see even when its not sunny!
Old 21 August 2003, 08:40 PM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

Angry

Part 2:

Driving down a steep hill near my folks' place, the road disappears into a blind corner... when out of the blue (no pun intended) comes some imbecile of a copper, on the wrong side of the road!!

I have to take evasive action and nearly curb my Scoob, while the pr!ck carries on his path towards a certain crash.

I know a recent highly ranked officer ridiculed Plod when it comes to interviewing criminals, but I didn't realise the same levels of stupidity had spread to other areas of the Force!
Old 21 August 2003, 08:46 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe you Scoob is just that fast it seemed to be stood still, check the Polo forum for a Polo driver claiming a Scoob scalp !
Old 21 August 2003, 08:47 PM
Poor Guy
Scooby Regular

ah ah ahhhhhhhh!

Police SERVICE (!!!) not Force!!!
Old 21 August 2003, 08:51 PM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

Ooops - typo, meant to type "Farce"