Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Useless service from BT.

Search this Thread

Old 20 August 2003, 04:06 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been offline for 8 days as my phone line was broken when a BT engineer came to check my line prior to me getting Broadband. BT didnt give a **** about it.Its no wonder theyre losing so many customers when they provide such a ****e service.

Chip.
Old 20 August 2003, 04:09 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

BT will pay you one months line rental for every complete day that your service is affected, if I remember correctly; don't forget to ask for it...
Old 20 August 2003, 04:14 PM
Mungo
Scooby Regular

Yeah, and £10 per day for loss of phone line. I was without phone for 10 days and got a £100 credit on my bill. Try getting that off NTL
Old 20 August 2003, 04:33 PM
Davestamf
Scooby Regular

BT are dreadful.
Something you may need to watch for is their method of saving money on new lines. It's called DAX, a way of splicing into existing lines to create a new one, but at a fraction of the cost to them. Your phone will continue to work on the subsequent signal reduction, but any internet connection will deteriorate by about 75%. Any complaints and they'll refer you to their "small print", which guarantees ONLY a phone connection. Be warned.
Old 20 August 2003, 04:45 PM
47 NAT
Scooby Regular

My neighbour who is her late 80's and lives on her own had a fault on her BT line and we were told they cant send an engineer round for at least 7 days After been put on hold on their wonderful automated system for what seemed like hours they still wouldnt give her priority.

I'm just in the process of writing to the head office to complain about the lack of customer service.

I gave her my spare mobile in case of emergencies and had her calls diverted to us during this time, although trying to get through to them yet again to divert the calls to the spare miobile was a waste fo time.... yep, you guessed it the automated system kept cuttin me off

The worst bit it she has an emergency/panic button and this is also done via the phone line. I spent most of the nights checking up on her to make sure she was OK.

Nath
Old 20 August 2003, 05:01 PM
Jer
Scooby Regular

BT open world suspended our work broadband account for no reason. We then had to wait two weeks on the engineer to install it again.