Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

unforgettable experiences

Search this Thread

Old 20 August 2003, 07:49 AM
esmerelda9920750
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The family who were sailing around islands near Australasia, having a brilliant time hd there holiday slighly interupted by a Hump Back Whale with an itch that needed to be scratched....

Saw the family's yacht and pounced on it..playful it may have seemed, but frightening too.

Anything happened to anyone else that has stayed in the memory like this encounter will do?
Old 20 August 2003, 08:09 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Talking

"playful it may have seemed, but frightening too"

Sounds like my first dump of the day, usually an unforgettable experience

Also - i have been to Wales and it was a forgettable experience

One of the most unforgettable was seeing the frightened looks on the faces of the passengers of a plane we just avoided as we where landing at Heathrow and then seeing the crash vehicles, lights on dashing to the runway.

[Edited by Paul Habgood - 8/20/2003 10:54:41 AM]
Old 20 August 2003, 09:40 AM
Scooby Diva xx
Scooby Regular

LOL
Old 20 August 2003, 10:02 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

On holiday in Lochinver (north-west Scotland) this year we were out in the boat and there was a pod of dolphins kicking around. One them swam right under the boat (about 3 feet from the surface) and then launched 6 foot out the water on the other side right next to us - it was brilliant
Old 20 August 2003, 05:52 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

When I was sea fishing the other week a basking shark bumped into my boat. It nearly knocked us off our feet and then it swam right past about 6 inches away. My boat is just under 19 feet long and this creature was a good 6 feet longer!

Les
Old 20 August 2003, 06:37 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

Red face

A friend and I were out hillwalking when a guy came running off the hill and said there had been a plane crash!
We were camped @ The Falls Of Tarff and ran over the hills and along the edge of Loch Loch with our first aid packs on our backs(1/2 way there, there was a large explosion...app. the fuel tanks going up !).
I remember coming over the crest of the hill only to see a wreckage in front of me then the yellow rescue helicopter flwe over my head and landed across from me !! It was like something out of the movies !
We were then air lifted back to our tents. across the river from us there was now a group of girl guides doing their Duke of Edinburgh so the two of us strolled leisurely out of the helicopter past them with a wink and a "hello" then took a run and jump into the river !! I couldn’t believe what had just happened !!
The following day we were taken out of the 10 mile exclusion zone to Blair Athol and we went in to the local shop picked up The SUN and my chin hit the deck ! It only looked like a wee private jet type thing. Apparently the wreckage was spread all over the glen !

Just found this about it:

9972 RAF Hercules, 27.05.93. From RAF Lyneham. On May 27, 1993, an RAF Hercules en-route from RAF Lyneham to RAF Lossiemouth crashed into the base of Glen Loch just after 4pm with the loss of all nine lives on board. A local estate worker who heard the noise of the impact raised the alarm and helicopters from Lossiemouth, Bulmer and Prestwick were dispatched to the scene, also attending were fire brigade units from as far afield as Dundee to fight the blaze which engulfed large areas of the glen. The cause of the crash is largely unknown, as the aircraft was not carrying a black box. Local people reported a strange sounding aircraft flying low over the villages immediately prior to the time of the crash and engine failure whilst flying at a low level could have been the cause. Whatever happened was very quick - the aircraft's speed is believed to be in the region of 250mph with the crew having no time to send a distress call before the impact. The location of the crash is still visible today by a scar in the vegetation although all but a few items of wreckage and personal effects remain at the cairns which overlook the scene. Three cairns exist - An official RAF memorial, a plaque from the Air Training Corps and a small cairn erected by the family of Sgt Craig Hillard, the air loadmaster on the flight who lived in Inverness. Walkers passing the site should respect the nature of the event and the memorials and leave the scene as found. I have passed this site regularly over the past few years and its clear that some sad sod has helped themselves to various items near the cairns (Thanks to Steve Page for this info).

Old 21 August 2003, 03:21 PM
owbow
Scooby Regular

First lap of the Nurburgring... in the snow in a 550bhp 2WD Cossie.

And a lap in the passenger seat of Richard's RS200... awesome.

Other than that, probably far more memorable in fact, my friend's heart stopped beating and i brought her back to life using CPR...

o.

Old 23 August 2003, 06:40 PM
scooby786
Scooby Regular

esmerelda9920750 just wanna say respect to you!!!!!!!!!!!