Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone watch the police car prog on BBC1 last night?

Search this Thread

Old 08 August 2003, 09:23 AM
C h a z
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shame that lass who was out of her head didn't run over that lad who was being a right pr1ck.
Old 08 August 2003, 09:29 AM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

didn't see it mate, but i'll go along with you..

BB
Old 08 August 2003, 09:31 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Angry

I could not believe she only got a 6 month sentence for running over two kids and pinning another along with the mother to a fence then driving off afterwards.

What a disgrace!
Old 08 August 2003, 09:31 AM
Jer
Scooby Regular

Yuk, what was she like. What a scabby dog, makes my flesh creep how people can get like that.
Old 08 August 2003, 09:38 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Saw it and remember clearly the little tw@ in the VR6 from last time it was on. If ever there was a case for legalised murder.....
Old 08 August 2003, 09:39 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
She was a serious smack head

& how/why on earth the program gave prime time viewing to that little gob-**ite I just don't know. All praise to the plod for not taking him away & giving him a slap! Mind you, he's obviously "known" so I daresay one day he'll get his come-up-ance or meet with someone that uses their fists instead of their mouth...

I actually thought the driver of the Mondeo was actually rather good! Didn't hit (thankfully) any other car & it was only 'cos his tyres were spiked that he couldn't keep control. Don't condone it at all, but he was a "good" driver - needs to keep it on track though...
Old 08 August 2003, 09:45 AM
AudiMan
Scooby Regular

Angry

Gobby little s**t, the Cops should have turned the camera off and done a Vinnie Jones (Lock stock) with the rear hatch of his VR6 and his head !!!,

Trending Topics

Old 08 August 2003, 09:51 AM
C h a z
Scooby Regular

Taking too many risks to be a "good" driver. Overtaking round a blind bend on the crest of a hill. That Merc must of had serious brakes.
Old 08 August 2003, 10:08 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

The gobby litle git with the VR6 needed to be taught a lesson, sadly there are many, many more of his sort to take his place. He is more than likely the product of bad parenting, a poor school system with no 'teeth' and courts that do not punish offenders.

Old 08 August 2003, 10:08 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
I meant "good" in as much as he was looking ahead, making gaps, seeing gaps and NOT hitting other vehicles. His driving was quite smooth as well considering.

As I said, not condoning it or anything & there was I daresay a fair amount of luck involved.

(Note to self - don't try & evade a police T5 (I think) 4 up in a 1.6l Mondeo )
Old 08 August 2003, 10:19 AM
C h a z
Scooby Regular

Has to be said he wasn't bad. However, if that Merc hadn't been able to stop in about an inch he would have been toast. Out of the who prog the Merc driver was the most talented.
On the luck front the guys in the white mundano were kings.
Old 08 August 2003, 07:02 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Unhappy

I was soooo impressed by the coppa who pulled the chap who was using a mobile phone. I mean, why not create a traffic obstruction causing massive tailbacks just to satisfy your ego?? Oh, and if said plod was so anti-mobile, how come he spent all day driving around with one clipped to his shirt only inches from his ear????

Then there was constable "i'll hide on a slip road and nick drivers speeding over 50mph on a dual carriageway". Ok, maybe the road was an accident blackspot, but blocking an entire lane on the approach to a roundabout (at rush hour) has got to be faaaaar more dangerous [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

As for the w4nker giving the police verbals - did it really need five squad cars to confiscate a leatherman????? I can think of better uses for resources

I am afraid that IMO, the program (indeed the entire series, that was re-edited to allow the BBC to avoid calling it a repeat) did a lot of harm to the reputation of the (SY) police.

mb
Old 08 August 2003, 07:13 PM
Listy
Scooby Regular

Program was P!ss Poor IMO.... How the hell can you glorify that Dopey little W@nker by following up his stupid ramblings to the Police by then Interviewing him on his own in whatever sordid little hovel he calls home.... I bet he watched that program at the Pub last night with his other Dead Head friends and is now a local hero..... How thick can the BBC get....

And as for the Dibble who pulled the Surgeon for speeding.... Lying Git.... Did anyone else pick up on the coppers first comment.... "I was driving down the Slip road when I clocked you speeding"...... BULLSH!T..... He was parked on the bloody slip road smiling for the cameras and waiting for a speeder.....

I wouldn't envy the Yorkshire Police their Job and I'm damn sure I wouldn't have the patience but FFS Be truthfull and don't let the Damn BBC give Slot to dead heads like last night...

Tragic what this country i coming too I reckon....
Old 08 August 2003, 07:22 PM
magepaster
Scooby Regular

If I had been the guy pulled for speaking on the phone and had been told I was going to get an on the spot 30 fine even though speaking on a mobile phone was not illegal.

"What is the ticket for Officer?"

"well as using your mobile whilst driving is not as such illegal, I`m fining you for driving without due care, sir"

"And how do you know I was driving with undue care?"

"because sir, you were talking on a mobile phone"

"How do you know?"

"Because it was reproted to me"

"How?"

"over my police band radio"

"Really?, Damn it! Did you tell them you were going to pull me for that?"

"Yes sir, I reported that I was on my way to your position"

"So you were basically speaking on the phone?"

"Well no sir, I was using my police radio"

"But you were speaking? And you were looking for me at the same time all the time listening to the voice on the other end giving you a description of my vehicle?"

"Yes sir, and I found you"

"Was I talking on the phone when you pulled me"

"No sir"

"Have I addmitted talking on the phone?"

"No sir"

"But you are fining me?"

"Yes sir"

"In that case officer I am making a citizens arrest as you just just addmitted to me that you were driving while talknig an a phone/radio and therefore must have been driving without due care. You do not have to say anything.......................................... .

By the way I never use my phone while driving and always have something to say to people who do, but that copper was a bloody jobsworth if ever there was one.

[Edited by magepaster - 8/8/2003 7:24:33 PM]

[Edited by magepaster - 8/8/2003 7:25:40 PM]

[Edited by magepaster - 8/8/2003 7:26:24 PM]
Old 08 August 2003, 10:09 PM
Scoty
Scooby Regular

Here here magepaster

Are wee talking about the program I watched on telly last night were it took 2 police cars and a dog van to pull over a speeding motorist @ 40mph?
The one were the trafic car (Volvo) started to ram the speeding car off the road in a well built up area in the middle of the night, with poor visability, and a good time for people walking their dogs.

Few weeks ago saw an undercover traffic car doing 70mph plus in a 30 zone chassing a stolen car!!
Dont understand how they can then turn round and do us for 43 in a 40!!

Politics ehe?!
Old 08 August 2003, 10:39 PM
Huxley
Scooby Regular

At least he had his reg number on display anyone got a corrado we could borrow for a while where's those speed cameras

Fecking little gob****e I hope he get comeuppance"poss typo" one day

Huxley
Old 08 August 2003, 11:12 PM
magepaster
Scooby Regular

I may get into the habit of reporting every police car I see that goes through a red light. As it`s illegal for anything but the Queens mail van to go through red lights in country they can`t put up a reasonable arguement

[Edited by magepaster - 8/8/2003 11:12:35 PM]
Old 09 August 2003, 08:37 AM
Luke
BANNED

I never understand why the police are alloweed to use their radios when driving... How come they dont have some hand free kit

And please dont tell me they are well trained!!! (Other than the class one's)
Old 08 September 2003, 02:31 AM
AndiThompson
Scooby Regular

Magepaster, he didnt hear about it on his radio, he saw him coming the other way..

As for that gobby twit, I dont think he realised how stupid it made him look doing all that showing off then making out he was being harassed. Well done to the coppers for not finding something to arrest him for, that's what I'd have done, let him sit in a cell for a bit, gobby ****, I deteste people who come out with that "I know my rights officer!" bull****..

[Edited by AndiThompson - 8/9/2003 2:33:37 AM]