Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

unwanted premium rate SMS msgs and a singlepoint rant

Search this Thread

Old 25 July 2003, 06:45 AM
mwp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

A little warning tale and help if any of you get premium rate unwanted txts on your mobile bills and don't know how to stop them.

My son last month got £50 of premium rate txts that he *says* (!!) he really didn't subscribe to. I phoned up his billing agent, singlepoint (who i've had sharp practice issues with in the past), and they said they couldn't tell me who they were (they just appear as 4483148 on the bill). I said you must know who they are cos you are taking money from me and passing it on ... nope can't tell you and don't know how to find out. best i got was that they'll pass it on to their network investigation team !!! I said it was outrageous and fraudulent for them to be charging me money for something i haven't agreed to without even telling where or what the money has been spent on. the d1ck on the line agreed is was like fraud, but hey, what could he do !!!!

I phoned up OFTEL and they agreed it was not good that singlepoint and O2 (who i also called who referred me back to singlepoint!!), washed their hands of this stuff and we needed better mobile regulation. they did however pass me the number of ICSTIS (Independent Committee for the Supervision of Standards of Telephone Information Services) who help with premium rate number issues (0800 500 212). They gave me the names of the companies and their telephone numbers in less than 1 minute. So i phoned them up and stopped them that way.

When i phoned back singlepoint they just played dumb ... like they give a **** ... the more unwanted SMS the more profit for them .. customer ... what customer ?

- mark.