Not happy at all.

Search this Thread

Old 24 July 2003, 10:27 AM
TonyG
Scooby Regular

Location: The dark side of the Sun and owner of 2 fairy tokens
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

The latest update on the theft of my car (which happened six weeks ago now, and was recovered just over five weeks ago)
I am now rapidly losing patience with this car thing... Just called up to find out what's happening only to be told the alarm hasn't yet been done! This is despite them telling me LAST WEEK that it was booked in for the alarm being done last Thursday/Friday.
What I was told today is that the alarm people talk to the insurance company who then talk to me to get the alarm fixed at my home. Bit difficult that as I haven't got the car yet. Also, I've heard nothing from the insurance company telling me this. Fiasco is a word that creeps to mind here. So it now looks like I'll not be getting the car back to go up to Scotland on Saturday for a week, which then causes the problems of what happens if they want their car back next week? It's not as if they didn't know about the Scotland trip - I've told them about it before now (3 weeks ago), specifying that I needed it back before setting out.
As soon as my insurance runs out, I'm changing companies as I've lost all faith in both ********* for the way they've dealt with the claim so far, and their approved repairer ****** (who may be good at what they do, but aren't very good at keeping me informed of problems).

Grrrrrr!!!!!!

(names removed to protect the guilty)
Old 24 July 2003, 11:21 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

Right to provide you with an alternative car at reasonable cost?

The usual trick is to get a hire car, and tell them. Ins companies don't like paying 40 quid a day for a hire car, it mounts up over the weeks, so they should push to solve the claim harder.

However, hiring a Roller is not doing your bit to mitigate expenses...
Old 24 July 2003, 11:30 AM
red_dog104
Scooby Regular

Location: Casualty or Holby City, Take your pick, it's not like that in real life!!
Poor you. I know how bad aproved repairers are and last time I needed to go through insurance I specified the garage to do the repair and even though my insurance company didn't like it, they had to let me!

Hope it gets sorted soon. You are too polite, unlike me!!!
Old 24 July 2003, 12:13 PM
TonyG
Scooby Regular

Location: The dark side of the Sun and owner of 2 fairy tokens
I've been supplied with a hire car already (a Rover 25, zero street cred rating as someone I was talking to said 'oh-my Dad's got a car like that'), so I am mobile at the moment. Don't fancy driving 300+ miles in it though as it's a bit underpowered, and not the most comfortable car I've ever driven as I either bang my knees on the steering wheel or have to lean forward to change gear depending on how I position the seat. I also think the lumbar support in the seat is in the wrong place for me. It's fine for driving round town (in fact, it's no slower commuting but uses a lot less fuel than the Scoob), but I do have my doubts about journeys longer than, say, 50 miles.
Old 24 July 2003, 01:52 PM
south-star
Scooby Regular

Cool

Poor you. I know how bad aproved repairers are and last time I needed to go through insurance I specified the garage to do the repair and even though my insurance company didn't like it, they had to let me!

I always do that.You have a legal right to.