Panorama - Asylum

Search this Thread

Old 23 July 2003, 09:58 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

What a depressing programme.

Nobody seems to give a s**t about who is coming in to this country. And the level of organised criminal activity by those 'asylum seekers' that are already here illegally is incredible. All the scams are in place and practised routinely.

If Panorama can expose all this so easily why the **** can't the government act for crying outloud

[Edited by unclebuck - 7/23/2003 10:20:58 PM]
Old 23 July 2003, 10:11 PM
triple top
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Never watched it cos the bbc will try and convince us these's economic migrants are good for our country
Old 23 July 2003, 10:21 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

UB, think you should stick to CWE's instead of hamming it up in here man
Old 23 July 2003, 10:23 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Hello.

Why? This is a domestic issue.

UB
Old 23 July 2003, 10:24 PM
tallsteve
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I worked for the Home office for nearly 4 years in the Asylum Division, from 91 to 95. They couldn't handle the cons/multiple applicants back then, fingerprinting (from the Panorama Prog) seems to be failing.

I also worked for a while for the Immigration Service, the people that handle the deportations and that was equaly as shambolic.

From what I saw of the applications around 98% were so clearly bogus that it would make you laugh (True I was only dealing with a specific geographical region). Probably saw around 2 or 3 deserving cases in the 4 years....

Don't think I'm breaking the Official Secrets Act - If I disappear then you'll know where I've gone!
Old 23 July 2003, 10:32 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

This is a domestic issue
LOL, I think its a world wide problem tbo Uncle, its just that we have more muppets in control of our policy
Old 23 July 2003, 10:35 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Tallsteve, clutching at straws here but did you ever work with a Scots guy called Derek (Deek) Traynor?
Old 23 July 2003, 10:36 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

You said it mate.. I had to laugh when David Blindgit was saying "it was all under control" on the TV as the woman just sat smerking at him.

Apalling
Old 23 July 2003, 11:43 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Cool

Almost forgot to add... did anyone spot the Scoob in one shot as she trudged the London streets?

Dark Blue Mica classic, as I recall. Looked nice

UB
Old 24 July 2003, 12:22 AM
PG
Scooby Regular

prob. belonged to an asylum seeker
Old 24 July 2003, 01:08 AM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Angry

Don't worry everybodypeeps,

When BlindGit introduces compulsary ID cards (for us law-abiding citizens), all these problems will go away (along with crime, famine etc.). I mean, look how hard it is to get a forged ID at the moment - and these fingerprint checks are so watertight

We need to learn a thing or two from Holland!!!!

mb

Old 24 July 2003, 01:16 AM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Angry

...and another thing!

Did anyone else that the majority of the "pro-asylum" people on the program were themselves effectively scroungers??

Social workers - paid for by Council Taxes, Refugee Council members - paid for by lottery grants, lawyers - paid for by legal aid!!!!!

Maybe if these do-gooders actually had to earn their keep, rather than raiding public coffers, they would take off their rose-tinted glasses and see so-called asylum seekers in their true light (rather than as a meal ticket)!! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

mb
Old 24 July 2003, 08:31 AM
scoobydooooo
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think its a world wide problem too
why if it's even europe wide do they come all the way here and not stop in france or some other european country , it's because we are a bleedin soft touch , obviously there are a lot of genuine cases but i don't see why we should even take one !! why spend money on other country's problems when we have enough here ??, ie. nhs and the like !!we throw tens of millions of pounds at this asylum problem when it could be better spent on hospitals for our own citizens !
Old 24 July 2003, 08:42 AM
CarpetCleaner
Scooby Regular

the pigeons will come home to roost eventually........................................ .................................................. .......................
Old 24 July 2003, 08:47 AM
Fatman
Scooby Regular

Question

Don't think I'm breaking the Official Secrets Act - If I disappear then you'll know where I've gone!
Do you actually have to sign the OSA to work in Immigration or Asylum? Serious q'n.
Old 24 July 2003, 08:58 AM
dlharris
Scooby Regular

My brother used to work at a detention centre years ago. He spoke to one person that was being sent back and asked him what he was going to do. The bloke said he'll just come back here again.
Old 24 July 2003, 09:14 AM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Bottom line was that 70% (IIRC) of the public voted against the sample cases (even the overdone sympathy vote got kicked up the a$$)

Public opinion says stop these idiot illegals - only wish tosser Blair and is sh1te party would listen..
Old 24 July 2003, 09:22 AM
Davestamf
Scooby Regular

It's too sickening to watch. We don't need a tv show to tell us there's a massive crime wave, we already know. Another thousand, evil human-waste criminals will have entered our country during the time that this thread has been active. It's time to stop ALL asylum seekers. They're not permitted asylum in the wealthy oil-rich nations that are close to their countries of origin and who share their extremist religious beliefs, so why should we keep taking them.
Old 24 July 2003, 09:31 AM
CarpetCleaner
Scooby Regular

I think you'll find that most people are afraid to say what they think in public

people appear tolerant of many things but how many actually are? I bet not as many as it might seem!

At the end of the day things will get to a point where an extreme right wing party will get in and it will be like Hitlers Germany here

mark my words its only a matter of time
Old 24 July 2003, 09:39 AM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Please feel free to contact you local MP, then get back to me with the reply. Until then all you are doing is crying into your soup.
Old 24 July 2003, 09:49 AM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

I have already been in touch with local mp.. only people who have listened was the Tory party - they did a big survey a month ago, loads of questions etc about law and order and immigration etc..

Old 24 July 2003, 09:50 AM
Katana
Scooby Regular

I hope these asylum seekers gets whatever they desire. Its about time they reclaim what was stolen from them. Sins of the father and stuff..
Old 24 July 2003, 09:54 AM
Jye
Scooby Regular

I stand by what I've said before, If all the lazy dole scroungers would get off thier ***** and work we wouldnt have a problem as there would be no jobs for anyone else.
Old 24 July 2003, 10:35 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Katana, you mean they should all be given the means to go home, so they can reclaim whatever freedom, possessions and so on was stolen from them, which resulted in them having to look to the UK for assistance in the first place? Quite agree chap, good call.
Old 24 July 2003, 10:41 AM
Kevin Mc
Scooby Regular

I think you'll find that most people are afraid to say what they think in public

people appear tolerant of many things but how many actually are? I bet not as many as it might seem!
I agree with Carpet Cleaner - I work in Leicester, and the vast majority of people (as in I can't think of one who would disagree) would want Asylum stopped immediately, with re-patriation (sp) for bogus claimants. As someone said on the programme last night (Peter Hitchin?) the problem is illegal immigration, not asylum seekers..

It is the British way to be reserved and quiet - turn the other cheek, etc. But peeps are getting increasing pi55ed off with the situation. If the big parties don't want to tackle the issue, then parties like the BNP will only get stronger..... On the Panorama prog last night it was Labour voters who said they'd be turning to the BNP

Doubt Tone will see another term anyway....
Old 24 July 2003, 10:44 AM
tallsteve
Scooby Regular

In answer to Fatman's question on the Official Secrets Act, yes I did have to sign it whilst I was working at the Home Office. Some people were posted to departments dealing with applicants from places like China, Russia etc. Even working in my department I came across 1 file which had to be "sent away" for security to investigate (Any Asylum claim mentioning working within Nuclear or Chemical development sites had to be reported).

I wonder what would happen if all European countries came into line with the benefits for Asylum seekers, therefore (theoretically at least) removing the appeal of any one country which is seen as a "soft touch"..

Old 24 July 2003, 11:08 AM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

My wife came to England when she was two together with her family. They fled from Communist Vietnam to avoid torture etc etc.
The family has now been in England for 20 odd years, and they've always been working, paying taxes etc.

Are you all saying that it would be better to send them back? Economically speaking?

Don't tar everyone with the same brush. You lot talking about BNP as being any good, *you make me sick*!

I think that because of the history of England, being a big colonial state (or whatever you want to call it), it has a responsibility to take care of people that are from nations not so well off.

The western world wouldn't be so rich, if it wasn't for the fact that they went out in the world and essentially robbed all the wealth from other countries and brought it home.

£0.02
Old 24 July 2003, 11:13 AM
Fatman
Scooby Regular

Cheers, tallsteve. Was just wondering anyway.

Britain is definitely a soft touch for immigration. I reckon anyone that thinks otherwise is folling themselves.

It's right to differentiate between illegal immigration and legitimately seeking asylum - good point. The problem is that Tony B.Liar (I do like that name, picked it up from a Scoobynetter, I think! ) and his cronies won't stand up to the issue.

Tony B.Liar can make tough decisions with issues like Iraq, but they won't do the same with illegal immigration in the UK. They're too afraid of appearing right-wing to 'middle England'. In reality I think Labour would gain a lot of public support - and votes, too, probably - if they took a hard line on immigration.

Labour: stop being preoccupied with how you look, about how people perceive you. Take action! People will respect you more for making moves to stop illegal immigrants and the organised crime gangs taking the pi$$ out of Britain.
Old 24 July 2003, 11:16 AM
Fatman
Scooby Regular

My wife came to England when she was two together with her family. They fled from Communist Vietnam to avoid torture etc etc
That sounds like totally legitimate asylum. I don't see why anyone would argue with that.
Old 24 July 2003, 11:19 AM
midget1500
Scooby Regular

henrik - i think the point is that a *lot* of these so-called asylum seekers are infact simply "economic migrants" (and criminals). if you are seeking true asylum (i.e. from a torturous regime) then you seek asylum in the closest safe country. so, why don't they stop in France then??? or better still, in a closer country to home.

Britian is no longer the world power it was, so don't babble on about colonies etc, we can barely look after ourselves.

Quick Reply: Panorama - Asylum