Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Next Door Neighbour From HELL!

Search this Thread

Old 08 July 2003, 03:53 AM
Jamie2003
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well not my next door neighbour an old hag from down the road. i live in a very small place with very few houses around and everyone gets on quite well with eachother apart from the odd thing which is usually resolved easily as we're all friends. but theres always one who has to ruin the utopia. this single vile woman has a thing against my family, it goes behond a joke like. i have 2 younger sisters that are 9 and 12 this woman sends her kids out on purpose to bully my sisters and its doing my head in. she even sent her son out to have a pop at me once but he found the error of his judgement after a blackeye. although i could sort him out i cant sort a wee girl out and there seems to be not legally my parents can do and the woman is known for suing people and getting the law on u very easily.
this is how bad it has got though she has a wall at the front of her house and she (the mother) waited behind it for my youngest sister to go past in her bike so she could push her off it (and the street is on a very busy road i might add) now it is just me or is that sick. i find it repulsive as my smallest sister hasnt got a wicked bone in her body.
its the summer time so there at home constantly now and they cant venture out anymore because my parents are scared of what this woman in capible of any advice on how to sort this woman out. legal advice would be handy, cus if i could get her kicked out of the street i would be a happy person. u may think it cruel wanting to get someone and there kids kicked out of there house but after 3 years of torturing minors she deserves everything she gets.

sorry for waffling just slightly pissed off
Old 08 July 2003, 08:04 AM
medders
Scooby Regular

if an adult is purposely pushing a child off a bike and causing injury, do you not think you should call the police?

Paul
Old 08 July 2003, 08:16 AM
Andy Hall
Scooby Regular

You say you get on well with everyone else in the neighbourhood, can you not set up some sort of neighbourhood watch, surely if a someone sees the mother hurt your little sis its a police matter and you have a witness. If you just keep it within your own family it becomes a family feud which I guess gets more complicated.
Old 08 July 2003, 09:01 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

needs sugar wwsd
Old 08 July 2003, 09:10 AM
pblakeway
Scooby Regular

Sorry for being stupid, but whys it need sugar ?
Old 08 July 2003, 09:19 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

It makes it stick to the target

[end thread hijack by wwsd and me]
Old 08 July 2003, 10:48 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Please keep suggestions legal, ok all?

Mix washing up liquid & sugar together, add to petrol, mix, & it becomes more of a liquid gel akin to napalm...

Old 08 July 2003, 11:35 AM
V5
Scooby Regular

Wink

We have
Please keep suggestions legal, ok all?
directly followed by
Mix washing up liquid & sugar together, add to petrol, mix, & it becomes more of a liquid gel akin to napalm...
LMFAO!

I know you were answering a previous question, but it does look like an instruction!!
Old 08 July 2003, 11:40 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Suggestion I edited wasn't

But I see what you mean!

Its a list of ingredients, not a recipe...
Old 08 July 2003, 12:18 PM
worley
Scooby Regular

This is quite a common problem and in recent years the government have put in place a system to deal with this menace. It's called an Anti-Social Behaviour Order (ASBO).

It was first trialed in Coventry during the late nineties and included successfully removing two brothers who caused a trail of crime and anti-social behaviour on a tough council estate.

More recently this has become an effective tool for resolving issues involving 'difficult' neighbours (either by threat or actual removal with upto five years in prison for returning within a fixed perimeter of the house / estate).

(1) Go onto your local police website e.g Gloucestershire.police.uk and look at the systems they have in place to deal with this type of issue.

(2) Go onto your local council website and do likewise - contact them by Email and ask them to point you in the direction of your community liaison officer etc. Remember, you pay the Community charge and expect a good level of service from these people.

(3) Keep a diary of issues involving the 'family' who are causing you the distress. Get different members of your family to fill it out with details of dates, times, incidents, feelings etc, if possible add discrete video evidence of events.

4) Speak to neighbours who might also be feeling the effects of this 'family' and explain your course of action and encourage them to do likewise i.e. contact police / authorities for advice.

Keep us posted with updates on the situation and don't let the Scum get you down.
Old 08 July 2003, 01:25 PM
TURBORAY
Scooby Regular

Wink

lol @ WWSD! sounds like where we live! just keep putting written complaints in to the council/housing association,if she's a tennant they'll soon have to do something if the complaints are regular! seems to work round here (according to a neighbour!) i'd get police involved too though if there's violence involved by this woman..

Donna..
Old 08 July 2003, 01:29 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Pushing someone off a bicycle is assault - pure and simple.
Old 08 July 2003, 01:36 PM
TURBORAY
Scooby Regular

PTMW,exactly! you could do with some witnesses though,the neighbourhood watch idea by Andy Hall is a good way of getting witnesses,if ppl are watching at the right time anyway! she sounds a bit sick in the head to me,picking on a little girl,it's disgusting!!

Donna..
Old 08 July 2003, 02:11 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Wink

Report any incidents to the police - even if you do not wish to pursue anything at the time. It will be logged on their computers etc and will be valuable for any ASBO applications later.

Make a diary of any incidents that happen with any witnesses available. Photograph any injuries/damage etc.

Police can get involved with the harrassment act. All you need is two or more incidents of any kind of harrassment towards yourselves and it gives them a power to arrest and pursue it to court. May only get a slap on the hand to start with, but further incidents will be more harshly dealt with and can (and often do) lead to jail terms/ASBO's/evictions etc.

Good Luck
Old 08 July 2003, 11:55 PM
Jamie2003
Scooby Regular

heres the update, my father got in contact with the police told them all about it and all that guff so they went down to her door. in which she wouldnt open for about half an hour (cus shes a weirdo) they explained everything to her. then came back to us to explain what she said n all. allegedly we have made up everything and its all in our minds, but the police said she slipped up on two occasions. after saying to them that its all in our heads she was able to clearly point out that it started two years ago n all that, in which the police said i thought they made it all up which sunk her a bit. then the police man said that she is being very stupid and the kids could someday grow up to be good friends, in which she replied not if i have anything to do with it.

well that was in the morning and by 7 o'clock tonight it all kicked off again. my sister was walking down the road where the girl said that she should **** off and that this is her path and if my sister walked down it again her mother would come after her. bloody weirdos so the police didnt do much but we've reported this incident and the police i think are cataloging this.

btw just another thing my da pointed out to me for childish behavour of an adult. my da was walking the dog down the road about a month ago and this woman and her daughter decided to throw a water balloon each at him! how pathetic can u get like. the reason why we haven't took her up on pushing my sister off her bike as it was ages ago so there is no bruising and its a minors word against an adults, and although i believe my sister as i know what this woman is capible of im not sure the police or court would. the police are putting it down to the woman being jealous as my parents are quite well off and this woman is single and has naff all really.
Old 09 July 2003, 12:13 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Unhappy

Sorry m8

Hope you can sort it out for the good. I (currently) know about dodgy neighbours and how much they can fe** your life about, so I empathise totally
Old 09 July 2003, 12:41 AM
Jamie2003
Scooby Regular

i dont understand the law if i went out at whacked her son or her for that matter or went and broke all her windows (which had crossed my mind. hey what can i say its n ireland thing lol) i would be in the nick quicker than **** off a shiney shovel. yet the law seems unable or unwilling to do anything about her? i think the legal system needs to sort itself out
Old 09 July 2003, 02:05 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

The law can sort her out. Go along the harrassment line - very powerfull piece of legislation ideal for this case. Once its in place the courts have to proceed with more tougher sentences each time she's at court
Old 09 July 2003, 02:11 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Have you tried a solicitor? Speak to them in relation to an injuction so they can't come near you. Get an injunction with a power of arrest, that way the police can arrest her on the spot for breaching it.
Old 09 July 2003, 03:42 PM
durleydude
Scooby Regular

Try this....

If it doesnt work try this...

If that didnt work try this...

but seriously I do hope justice prevails for you and your family.

Durley
Old 09 July 2003, 04:11 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
lol @ WWSD
Old 09 July 2003, 08:46 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Wink

If you need any other suggestions, feel free to drop me a line...

astraboy.
Old 07 August 2003, 08:55 AM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

+

+

+

[Edited by what would scooby do - 7/8/2003 8:55:52 AM]
Old 07 August 2003, 10:04 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Trust a Belfast boy to know that

Add washing up liquid as well...

[Edit to put the right ingredient in ]

[Edited by Puff The Magic Wagon! - 7/8/2003 10:05:50 AM]
Old 07 August 2003, 10:18 AM
mj
Scooby Regular

so what does washing up liquid do?

Jamie, agree with the above suggestion - if you are all freinds in the village then you need these people to watch out for you aswell. Then when you have enogh evidence you can take it to the police.

[Edited by Puff The Magic Wagon! - 7/8/2003 10:48:51 AM]