Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Going paintballing,how much ammo do I need?

Search this Thread

Old 07 March 2003, 08:38 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

where you playing?

I would guess about £80 depends what they are charging normally about 5 pence a ball but if you get a group and haggle you could get 4p a ball, this is where they make their money!

As to advice i use to wear a baseball cap backwards.For your hands a pair of old wollen gloves (cheap from millets) helps with stinging nettles as well as the paint. don't forget if you wear to much clothing in the hot weather you will suffer. The thing that wins the games is team work and not letting the other team get behind you always spread your team accross the playing area. have a good day it is great fun but very addicative i use to do £1500 a year playing.

[Edited by Adrian F - 7/3/2003 8:40:49 PM]
Old 07 April 2003, 10:29 AM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Really must do this again....

Last time I played we had a great time. I echo what others have been saying about not sitting back and hiding. Go for IT!!

We were near the end of the day. Two teams of about 15 each. Open woodland. Some fallen trees, stumps etc. We had a case we needed to get to the other side of the play area through the enemy ground. We we halted by about 4 players hiding behind a fallen tree about 10 yards away. There were about 6 of us hiding behind another falled tree opposite. We sat there for about 5 mins taking pot shots at each other. Stalemate. Eventually I got 3 of our side to laydown suppressing fire with the flamethrowers and fall back in pairs.... oops sorry, wrong story... to lay down suppressing fire, while the other three of us ran round the tree and onto their flank. Worked a treat. They never knew what it them as we came charging around and picked them of as they were crouched down...

Don't worry about how much ammo you use. Just shoot what you like and enjoy it!!

[Edited by Nimbus - 7/4/2003 10:34:41 AM]
Old 07 April 2003, 11:39 AM
mattstant
Scooby Regular

havent played for a long time but can only echo most of the advice already given especially about hiding it rarely works.
I managed to pick someone off once who was hiding behind a log pile stupid because at about about waste height theres was a 6 inch gap i mananged to shoot him through he wasnt very HP.

best bit of advice i had from a marshall was to pretend like your ten years old playing cowboys and indians and have fun.

Strange how it brings out the animal in some people as well.
We took two girls with us once very good friends one very out going and a bit of a tomboy at times, the other one very timid and lady like sporting a pair of bright purple wellies !!!! great for cover NOT.

Ayway as i think youve guessed it the lady like one did a real jekyl and hyde act to the point where in the pub afterwards a very burly 6 footer on the opposition complained loudly after the game and i quote

"who was that b@st@rd in the purple wellies they shot me out of the game twice".

she just sat cringing trying to hide her purple wellies under the table.

[Edited by mattstant - 7/4/2003 12:18:32 PM]
Old 03 July 2003, 07:21 PM
skiddus_markus
Scooby Regular

First time doing this and it's part of a stag weekend,so it'll just be messing about and probably shooting your mates in the back.
Old 03 July 2003, 07:34 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

Take plenty coppies of the yellow pages to shove down your clothes! Those wee paint-filled ******* do nip a bit at close range
Old 03 July 2003, 08:15 PM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

Depend what games you are playing. Paintballing is not cheap. I'd budget to spend £60-80 on ammo for a normal day out.

I used to play monthly but forced myslef to stop before I got hooked on this addicitve and expensive passtime.

AllanB
Old 03 July 2003, 08:16 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Depends how many games you do and how trigger happy you are. I used my free 50 pellets in the first couple of mins of the very first game.

I'd wear a few layers of clothes and a wooly hat or something to protect your head and ears as those little begger sting like ****. They should give you a full face mask, so don't just accept a pair of goggles.

It's a great laugh, so have fun

Stefan

Trending Topics

Old 03 July 2003, 08:18 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

yeah if you got a cricket box use it

also gloves :P

i got shot in the hand by one of my mates at point blank range (about 4 inches away from the skin) within seconds my hand had swollen up and was bleeding like a bitch.

great fun though been loads of times, id say budget about 80 quid, your going to have a good time
Old 03 July 2003, 08:25 PM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

Definitely wear gloves and a hat. Hits to bony parts of your body hurt like hell.

If you have a choice of guns I would advise going for a long barrel gun over a rapid fire gun as accuracy is important.

If you want to be sneaky this is a good trick. If you are a fast runner run towards the enemy as fast as possiblelooking for cover such as a tree or bush. Turn round with you back to the enemy as soon as you see any movement or indication of enemy. Lie down flat and as the enemy appraoch wave them forward but keep your face hidden. 9 time out of 10 they will move past you and you can shoot them in the back. I took at 13 members of an enemy team in a few minutes doing this and have done this many times and rarely get sussed. Once you think anyone knows what you are doing get out of there. Also let you team mates know what you are doing.

I'd also advise working in at least 2 pairs ie 4 of you. This way you can lay down suppressing fire and the other par can oputflank enemy positions.

AllanB
Old 03 July 2003, 08:34 PM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

Smile

"They're not in the jungle, they *are* the jungle"

Long barrel and sit up a tree with plenty of cover and while away a morning playing sniper.

Cheers

Ian
Old 03 July 2003, 08:53 PM
the chosen one
Scooby Regular

i used about 400 rounds in 4 hours and that was 20 pounds
Old 03 July 2003, 09:01 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Yep I'd budget £80 squid for the day just on the paint.

I used 1400 rounds last time I went

got a bollocking of the marshal for calling it ammo too lol

suggest summer being a very silly time of year to be doinbg this as you wont want to be running around in a lot of clothes as you will be S.L.A.N.O.A.R.C **

best time to do it is winter, wear lots of LOOSE clothing as this will take some of the momentum out of the round.. I mean paint ball.

Be prepared to come home multicoloured at the end of the day, and I don't mean the paint mostly blacks and blues

S.L.A.N.O.A.R.C = Sweating Like a ****** On A **** Charge (purposely deleted some words there )

Andy
Old 03 July 2003, 09:09 PM
the chosen one
Scooby Regular

yeah another piece of advice wear very thick gloves because it bloody canes when you get shoot on the finger.
Old 03 July 2003, 09:24 PM
Da Booga
Scooby Regular

The best tip I can offer is that you can't out run a paintball so don't even try, just give yourself up!

I tried running but couldn't sit down for a good few hours after

Gareth
Old 03 July 2003, 09:48 PM
Alpine99
Scooby Regular

All of it..
Old 03 July 2003, 10:53 PM
richiewong
Twatful

If you are going with mates budget group buy a box of 2000 paintballs. It usually works out a lot cheaper doing this as some sites will charge between £8-10 per 100 which is expensive.
Most modern markers(guns) will be semi-automatics and before you know it you're out of paint! This of course is dependant on how good you are
Old 03 July 2003, 10:54 PM
Blobster
Scooby Regular

"Bullets....Lots of bullets."
Old 03 July 2003, 11:09 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

i got shot in the hand by one of my mates at point blank range
me too, on my ***** finger just between the knuckle and first joint, stung like a b@stard, and bled like **** [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

There is a certain Kudos though when you walk out of the battlezone with claret pouring from your body

Absoloutely top laugh, at the end of the day it was a free for all - running toward each other while unloading on some ****'s *** - tremendous. The only complaint I had was that it was staged in an old mill with wooden floors - think ice skating with guns - mega sliipy, to the point of being dangerous.

I slipped while trying to get away from some dude and the hopper fell off the gun and it jammed when I put it back on. About 3 of them sussed what had happened and give me the good news

have fun !!
Old 03 July 2003, 11:39 PM
darlodge
Scooby Regular

I've always wanted to go but never have.

Darren
Old 03 July 2003, 11:48 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

well go then you spanner , good crack, get 3 or 4 mates and pile into an openday.
Old 04 July 2003, 12:08 AM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

Smile

as to the relationship between ability and the amount of paint goes the better you are the more you shoot!

Some of the top back players in the world can shoot 10-13 140 round pots in an 7 minute game with just 7 a side at tournys. (sponsered!)

Obvious at a fun day the better you are the longer you stay in the game and the more options you have to shoot people!
Old 04 July 2003, 01:16 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

If its a hot day then keep the padding to a minimum otherwise you will get very hot and in turn you will steam up your mask so much you cant even see the tree 5ft in front of you. Believe me - taking a few stinging shots is better than not being able to see at all and getting raped.

If you play more than a couple of times buy your own mask for about £20-30 for an ok one. The ones you get given are normally crap and very dirty.

A lot of people fire loads of paint for no reason in an attempt to hit someone. Your better off taking your time and going for accuracy. Usually the team who show the biggest ***** wins. You dont get far hiding in bushes waiting for the enemy to attack.

Last time I went I opted for the Rambo pack which gave me 1000 rounds. I bought another 300. And I didnt even get to fire a round off in the first game before a long shot hit me straight in the mask.

Simon.
Old 04 July 2003, 09:04 AM
RichS
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Great fun

First time I played, the first game was a two team 15 minute affair.

Basically: 1 forrest, 2 teams of 12 , two opposing "team camps", a central dividing trench, 3 bridges across the trench and a "bomb" sitting on the central bridge.
The objective was to capture the bomb and get it to the enemy's camp without being killed.

My mate and I decided to pair up and guard the right hand bridge using a tree stump as protection.
Two opposing players had decided to do the same thing from the other side of our bridge resulting in a stand off.

-First ten minutes of the game - fairly dull, just loads of shooting and shouting in the distance.
-At 10 minutes, my mate gets hit and has to exit the playing area.
-At twelve minutes, another team mate crashes down next to me with the bomb!
-At thirteen minutes, 2nd team mate is shot and has to leave.
-At thirteen minutes and 10 seconds, I decide that as I've now got the bomb, I'd better try to advance - or at least do something!

Little did I realise that at this point my team was loosing very badly. In fact I was the only one left alive and I had the bomb.
As I made my move to the bridge, the enemy attacked.
From about six different directions!
I swear, I nearly $hat my pants as the woods revealed all these gun brandishing manics converging on me.
I managed to get a few rounds off (and I'm certain I hit at least two of my attackers), but the incoming hail of bullets was just too much. Ouch!

Had a great day, and went home with loads of bruises...

Advice?
- Buy as many rounds as you can afford and don't be afraid to use 'em.
- Don't bother hiding, get into the fight (unless you're very lucky and can find a really good sniper point.)
- Old tree stumps usually don't make good hiding places.
- Make sure your mask fits properly and never take it off during play. (You will be severly b0ll0cks by the marshalls for this.)
- Have fun!