Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Reality TV - So what's popular in England now?

Search this Thread

Old 20 June 2003, 11:35 AM
swan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I found the following on News24 which I thought was quite amusing! Any closet dusters here?

So what's popular in England now?

Not the saucy dating shows such as For Love or Money and Cupid inundating summer television in America.

Turns out the British are enamoured with cleaning, not cleavage. The latest success is How Clean Is Your House? in which two fastidious women pass judgment on domestic sanitation.

Magazine editor Aggie MacKensie is joined by Kim Woodburn, who works as a sheik's housekeeper and is tough as steel wool.

"I think people are just filthy buggers, actually," Woodburn said as she confronted a substandard homemaker. "I'm not a psychoanalyst. You're either clean or you're not. It's not a class issue."

She was quoted in a London newspaper, The Guardian, which brought the duo in to assess internal janitorial efforts (rating: dismal). Marvelling at the show's success, the paper noted that the pursuit of shiny sinks makes "an unlikely spectator sport".

Hodgson concurs. "I just thought it would be too dowdy. It's actually been quite a bit of a surprise hit."

The programme quickly earned a spot in the "Everyone's talking about" section of a cultural yardstick, Heat magazine. Dusting, at least in England, is a sexy subject.
Old 20 June 2003, 05:26 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come on UncleBuck !!
we need your TV show reviewing skills