Cocaine habit / addiction.....

Search this Thread

Old 06 April 2003, 01:29 PM
asifR1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
check this out for help and info

talk to frank

i have discussed this with my mate's sister who is a doc, and she has told me that it is not coke that is addictive but the actual pyschological thing......and i can agree with this having dabbled in it a bit, but those of us who were 'at it' realised that if we did it before we went out, how could we actually go out without doing 'it'......kicked it in the head sharpish and don't feel the need anymore

another bad thing is that the actual depressant in coke last's about three months, which is why ppl who do it have to do more and more cos they do it every week.

[Edited by asifR1 - 6/4/2003 1:37:06 PM]
Old 06 April 2003, 11:43 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Smile

astraboy - too judgemental mate. try them once at least... (not Ketamine or Heroin though) then decide.

UB

Edit to say: disclaimer - I mean, don't take drugs, it's illegal

[Edited by unclebuck - 6/4/2003 11:50:25 PM]
Old 04 June 2003, 10:49 AM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Question

Having watched 2 very good mates slide down the slippery slope over a 5 year period .... I just wondered how widespread this really is to that extent

I'm not talking about a line here and there as I know the usage is widespread etc ..... but the daily habit which seems to creep up pretty quickly

Maybe it's me who is just really naive and the 2 mates in question maybe had problems under the surface and cocaine use actually had nothing to do with wrecking their relationships, personalities, finances etc

Just curious and wondered what other more well advised scoobynetters thought on this one

PS Don't want to start an anti or pro drugs thread I just really wanted to see if anyone else had noticed the way this specific drug seems to creep it's way in to peoples lives?

Cheers
Si
Old 04 June 2003, 11:01 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Agree. I've seen friends/acquaintances taken over by it. The hard part is in getting them to actually realise whats going on.

They get to the point whereby they can't even go out to the pub without having to have a few lines. Just a 'livener' Yeah, right. Try embracing reality for once and see that you can't cope with normal life without having to have it enhanced.

Cracks me up. Me and a mate who wouldn't go anywhere near the stuff sit and laugh at them sometimes as they get on their high horse about absolutely nothing and think that the whole world suddenly revolves around them Sad really.

But I agree, it takes over them very quickly and they don't even see it coming
Old 04 June 2003, 11:05 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

I'm afraid it's everywhere. Very easily available and relatively socially acceptable. I say that because I hear people talking about using it in the local pub all the time. They talk about it as though they are going to get the next round in.
Old 04 June 2003, 11:07 AM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Cool

as they get on their high horse about absolutely nothing and think that the whole world suddenly revolves around them
Cheers DJ Dunk

Your above quote is the one that really jumps out at me and had actually forgotten about that one...spot on
Old 04 June 2003, 11:15 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Smile

SiPie - True though isn't it. Coke can turn a perfectly nice person into a complete and utter tw@t. It becomes a very social thing for them, but really its about one thing, self, self, self.

Its not until they wake up every morning with a Columbian cold that they realise whats going on.

Such as waste.

Trending Topics

Old 04 June 2003, 11:17 AM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

to use the words of my immortal mate....

i aint touched drugs, but i've handled plenty of guns!!!!

LOL

BB
Old 04 June 2003, 11:20 AM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Most people I know who use it do so recreationally and only every couple of months at most. Don't think it's as addictive as its made out to be
Old 04 June 2003, 11:21 AM
Freak
Scooby Regular

I sent a txt to a girl i was seeing for a bit asking if she was coming in to see me at work.... got a reply 'sorry im coked off my face x'.
This was totally out of the blue and we didnt see each other again after that.

Now, either she was constantly on it, or her head was just permanantly up her own *** .... The world revolved around her and she WAS right no matter what.

Kinda funny really, but also sad-hard to see where the girls (nice) personality ended and the powder took over.

Charlie seems to have some sort of 'coolness' to it like a status symbol of sorts- probably due to the times when it used to cost lots- not any more. The price (and the quality) have dropped a hell of a lot.
I know some people who do lines like some people drink pints.....scary stuff.
Old 04 June 2003, 11:23 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Wink

I blame celebrities
Old 04 June 2003, 11:26 AM
Spanpody.
Scooby Regular

Just out of interest (serious question) how much is it?
Old 04 June 2003, 11:30 AM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

jlanng

Most people I know who use it do so recreationally and only every couple of months at most. Don't think it's as addictive as its made out to be
Good luck with that thinking mate

Started out that way with a specific mate who had it as a treat only on his birthday, lasted like this for 2 years max

Then it became, birthday and christmas, his gorlfriend's and anyone else's birthday that happened to be around

Then it was only weekends

Now he is a salesman only selling to shops and he has to have a line prior to every call otherwise he has zero self confidence

Hopefully you'll reconsider your opinions jlanng

Cheers
Si
Old 04 June 2003, 11:32 AM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Cool

Just out of interest (serious question) how much is it?
Spanpody

Not sure mate....

Last I heard it was £60 for a gram but no idea how much it is now. I'm probably in the stone ages with that info
Old 04 June 2003, 11:35 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Smile

I have watched friends, one in particular go down hill, lost his G/f, house, job(s) and most of his friends and he is still at it. His closest 'freind' is now his dealer. Money is not an issue he/others will always find the cash to feed his habit, he has event stolen from his mum! I have tried to talk to him to seed how i can help, known him for 13 years so we go way back. He does not see it as a problem, it is under control.

I have other mates who can take it or leave it.

I think it is a lot to do with the personality or the person, if they have an addictive personality then you can be in trouble.

You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him/her drink.

Coke is so readily avaliable and realistially it's price has not gone up since the 70's, a wrap will cost you £25 or so for a 1/2 or £50 for a g so in terms of affordability it is much more attainable by the general population rather than being in the realms of the rich and famous.

Old 04 June 2003, 11:44 AM
Spanpody.
Scooby Regular

Smile

Cheers SiPie & Paul

Luckily none of my mates have dabbled with it and hopefully none ever will! Just not our scene.

However I can see that the price is not out of reach of the majority of the younger population.

Old 04 June 2003, 11:44 AM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Cool

Sorry to hear about your mate Paul

Agree that some can either take it or leave it and others just can't get enough
Old 04 June 2003, 11:49 AM
brickboy
Scooby Regular

I know one person who really got into it, literally having a wrap by the bed for a "quadruple espresso" EVERY morning. He has since got out of the habit -- didn't do a programme or anything, he just decided to stop after family members & friends pointed out what a boring tw*t he was being. He didn't have any real physical withdrawal problems.

For most people, regular supplies are the problem ...
Old 04 June 2003, 11:52 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

It's evil muck. Turns ordinarily quite pleasant people into arrogant W**kers.

It used to be an expensive luxury 'back in the day' but now seems in widespread use amongst clubbers. Half the reason why all this gun stuff happens IMO.

UB
Old 04 June 2003, 12:05 PM
Alpine99
Scooby Regular

I was using coke about 10 years back... very infrequently.. I have to admit to 'dabbling' with most things in my youth and I think I'm very lucky in that I've always been able to take it or leave it.. I think there are such things as addictive personalities and I was lucky..

Six months ago a friend was using about as much as I used to and now I think he has a problem.. But he won't admit it.. It is very easy to get hold of and has a certain cool aura about it.. god knows why.. It does turn you rapidly into a ****..
Old 04 June 2003, 12:11 PM
rik1471
Scooby Regular

Current price = £40
Old 04 June 2003, 12:13 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

half what it used to cost. I bet it got all sorts of cr@p mixed in as well
Old 04 June 2003, 12:15 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

Well i know (through dodgy mates :s) that a kilo can be bought for 22k.....then sold for 27k by cutting it up

Twenty seven thousand pounds for something no bigger than a bag of flour.

madness......
Old 04 June 2003, 12:23 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Hello

So, £40 - £60 for 1 gramme.

And how much do you use in one line?

I'm just interested...

Steve.
Old 04 June 2003, 12:28 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Boxst

Not sure mate.. but tended to see the guy that was using alot get through a gramme per evening roughly.... but I never studied that closely how much of the wrap goes up yer nose in one go
Old 04 June 2003, 12:34 PM
ian_sadler
Scooby Regular

Red face

It's rampant in my little village you see it all over the place. (£50.00)

I've got mates who use it fairly often but don't seem to be a prob yet.

Personaly I can take it or leave it.
Old 04 June 2003, 12:35 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Hello

One of the reasons I asked, is that a lot crime is drugs related. Not just warring suppliers but users who want cash to get them.

So wanted to know roughly how much is required to fund that particular habit. At £40 a night that's alot. And presumably if you get "serious" then you do it all day as well ... so maybe as much as £100 a day. Wow.

Cocaine is more expensive then crack but cheaper than heroin. Is that correct?

Steve.
Old 04 June 2003, 12:37 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

No heroin is cheaper AFAIK

And sure that is likely to be accountable for more of the crime rather than the cocaine..... I think
Old 04 June 2003, 01:03 PM
Luke
BANNED

Cards on table time

I dont smoke ciggaretes. I hardly drink.

I smoked grass/dope etc for more than 12 years . Not much during the day but at night time . The only other thing I took was mushrooms.

I started all this stuff in Marlborough,Wiltshire.

I was surrounded with friends from Very very wealthy and famous families. One even had Mick/jerry and Joan Collins etc at her 21'st!!

Marlborough is a right little drug town... Like a lot in that part of the world. I gave up with it all more than 10 years ago.

I could not continue. It was doing me in.... It all was about the next spliff.

I watched all these friend going to mexico, Goa etc getting futher and futher in with heroin and crack etc.

heroin and crack is the new big thing..... Coke is to common !!!

I kid you not.. I have almost been a father to one little boy because his father became a junkie... And left him. I have seen the credit card bills of others who owe £25k +.... Most on Coke heroin and crack.

Crack/herion is not just a street drug.... It is used at some very top parties . Its evil...... I know the truth about Howard Marks.... And he is a little liar... Never believe he never grassed anyone up !!!!!Kids are just been sucked into drugs.... Its scary. Ive watched people been carried out into cars froom a party with needles still in them . to rush them to hospital. I watched friends lives fall apart cos their partners are addicted.

I Hate drugs...... I hate the dealers.... I feel sorry for the users. My life has changed and I am happy. Dont need to talk to my old friends now...... their too far gone in the head.

Heroin/crack by this time in 2005 will be a major problem. The Police/goverment are not able to sort it out and the price is so low its crazy......

Coke is not the real thing.....
Old 04 June 2003, 01:14 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

I'm one of Sipie's mates and I like nothing more than a good snort before meeting up with him. How else could I stand him

LOL, just joking

I don't see the need for drugs. There are so many things in life that can get you an amazing buzz. Anyone thats on drugs give this a go (I'm serious):

1 Warm you muscles up for 5 minutes with a wee jog and then some light stretching.

2 Get into the splits positiong (as far as you can go) and stretch quite hard for 15s and then rest for a minute.

3 Repeat 2

3 Now Get into the splits and stretch REALLY REALLY far, hold it for 15s and then try and push your legs another few mm appart, hold for 15s and then go for some more. After 1-1.5 mins you should be as stretched as you are going to get and you should be in a stupid amount of pain. It should feel like something is about to snap and it should really hurt if you're fully stretched. (note: if you warmed up correctly it shouldn't do any damage despite the pain).

4 Release the tension and enjoy Enjoy what you ask? Chemicals, lots and lots of chemicals. When I really push this stretch I get his with a major buzz of something after I release it. It doesn't last long but it feels amazing, goes straight to the head and its 100% natural

Alternatively..........have a w@nk

Quick Reply: Cocaine habit / addiction.....