Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

How many Cops?

Search this Thread

Old 20 May 2003, 10:18 PM
Gooner
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A421 Bicester to Buckingham stretch tonight.
I have never seen so many Cops involved in a speed trap exercise, mobile camera on Buckingham Bypass verge with van hidden away, 3-4 Cops at roundabout, mobile camera van further along with more Cops at next roundabout.
I hope they were putting the same effort into catching drug dealers, robbers, rapists, muggers today????????
Old 20 May 2003, 10:58 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

speaking to my father tonight and he tld me he drove past a speed trap tonight at 4.30 There were 2 Police men there............the problem? The strech of road is so congested from the end of school time to about 6.30pm that if you could actually speed you should be given a medal!! The traffic was crawling along at 10 mph.

I asked if it could have been for tax disc evasion and he was certain it was a mobile speed trap. This is also backed up by recent reports in the local newspaper that they would be setting up the mobile units on this road.
Old 20 May 2003, 11:52 PM
Rich Tee
Scooby Regular

when there are a lot of them at a speed trap site then it could be that they are actually doing a training excercise on the equipment etc.

Seen this before, and having spoken to a traffic officer about it he says that the chances are no one actually get done during the training excercise

R

Old 21 May 2003, 08:29 AM
Gooner
Scooby Regular

We have a number of Engineers who travel from Bedford to Oxford, on this route, regularly. Having warned all of them about it last night they all replied 'Oh, they do that regularly', I said, thanks for letting me know!
Watch out, thieves are about!
Old 21 May 2003, 10:41 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Saw a complicated camera set-up near Torquay a couple of days ago. It was a biggish van with three cameras pointing at the advancing traffic. It had a decent size sign saying it was for checking road tax discs! Thats a new one on me.

Les