My sore toe :- (

Search this Thread

Old 06 May 2003, 10:38 AM
Scooby_Loo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I have 2 things to rant about....

Firstly, people that go to public swimming pools with their diseased feet knowing fine well they will spread it around. If they have something wrong they should stay away. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Also, whats the score with trying to get an appointment at the doctors? Called this morning, cant get an appointment until thursday [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] My case isnt serious enough, even though I am squirming and crying with pain, missing a days wage, I darent walk incase my foot falls off cos it feels like it will and the fact that it looks absolutely hideous isnt that important but it doesnt help matters either. Must I be an inch from death before i can get a 10 minute appointment to be told take some paracetamol and dont come back?

<grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr mode still on>

*goes and lies on the settee to snivel*
Old 06 May 2003, 10:39 AM
ChrisB

Appointment by Thursday? That's damn quick - it's 7 days round here
Old 06 May 2003, 10:47 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

My doctor will only take you on as a patient if you're never ill.

What bugs me is when you have an 8:30 appointment, first of the day, and they're running half an hour behind [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Is it possible to get a private GP so you don't have to go through the whole "you have 3 minutes and are only allowed 1 ailment" crap?
Old 06 May 2003, 11:06 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What the hell have you contracted ?

As a swimmer I have accepted that I will pick up the occasional lurgie, our local pool changin rooms are evil so I pay a fair chunk of cash not to have to use it and go to a private gym but even thats got a bit whiffy recently.
Old 06 May 2003, 11:17 AM
Scooby_Loo
Scooby Regular

We shouldnt have to go private, we pay national insurance for a reliable national health sevice that is anything but. I would rather scrap the NHS and pay for my health care as and when I needed it

I used a public pool until I joined esporta. Not that I use it very often but the card thingy looks good in my purse though

J4cko if i knew what it was I would sort it meself Unfortunatly for me I havent been to med school.
Old 06 May 2003, 11:28 AM
steve G MAN
Scooby Regular

calm down dont you understand how it works?????? he has to see all the asylum seekers first lol
Old 06 May 2003, 11:32 AM
Scooby_Loo
Scooby Regular

lol

Trending Topics

Old 06 May 2003, 12:13 PM
Z_chromozone in london
Scooby Newbie

I know the feeling. I went swimming for the first time in about 2 years. I got what I thought was athel-eat's foot, so bought some cream to put on it. Next day my whole foot was red and swolen (to big for trainer) and itched like f@ck. Went to chemist for advice, gave me anti histamine cream. By 6 pm it was up to my knee. Sunday, so no doctors open and decided to drive to hospital. Waited from 7pm to 5.45 am, was not seen. Well tired and pi55ed off. Drove home with even bigger leg and restricted movement in my knee. Saw doctor next day, she drew a line on my leg, gave me antibiotics (multi-spectrum) and injection. If it got any higher I should call ambulance.

I thought I was going to lose my leg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went down after 3 days.

Really scared me, if it had been 50 years ago I may of been dead!
Old 06 May 2003, 12:14 PM
Z_chromozone in london
Scooby Newbie

I know the feeling. I went swimming for the first time in about 2 years. I got what I thought was athel-eat's foot, so bought some cream to put on it. Next day my whole foot was red and swolen (to big for trainer) and itched like f@ck. Went to chemist for advice, gave me anti histamine cream. By 6 pm it was up to my knee. Sunday, so no doctors open and decided to drive to hospital. Waited from 7pm to 5.45 am, was not seen. Well tired and pi55ed off. Drove home with even bigger leg and restricted movement in my knee. Saw doctor next day, she drew a line on my leg, gave me antibiotics (multi-spectrum) and injection. If it got any higher I should call ambulance.

I thought I was going to lose my leg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went down after 3 days.

Really scared me, if it had been 50 years ago I may of been dead!

Old 06 May 2003, 12:35 PM
Apple
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Z-chrom...

I had something similar but had 11 days in hospital (over New Year) including a trip through theatre for good measure to slice out the nasty stuff - cellulitis and then caught infection in wound in hospital

Doc gave me antibiotics at first but they didn't do much. Went back for something else and was in a hospital bed in under 2 hrs.

Same thing with surgeon - not long ago they kept amputating bits to slow the spread before it kills you - it's gallows humour to them but puts the ***** up you for a while

Apple
Old 06 May 2003, 01:19 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Not sure how relevant this is to your case but I had an infected toe the other week. One night the pain was so bad that my leg was going into spasms and I was struggling to breath properly Anyway, I lifted the toenail a little with the clippers and a shed load of puss fired out (nice!!). Within 10mins the pain was almost completely gone! If there is anyway for you go get the puss out, do it in my very un-medical opinion
Old 06 May 2003, 01:49 PM
Scooby_Loo
Scooby Regular

Arrow

I think I will leave it for the doctor!
Old 06 May 2003, 01:55 PM
Poor Guy
Scooby Regular

our local surgery takes about 9 days!!!
Old 06 May 2003, 04:06 PM
Z_chromozone in london
Scooby Newbie

Cellulitis was what I had, but no puss (not unless my whole leg was full of the stuff!). SaxoBoy would of had a few bowls of custard if that had been the case.

Z
Old 06 May 2003, 07:06 PM
RobinSherwood
Scooby Regular

To answer NotoriousREV's question,

Yes it is posible to have a private GP. I don't know about elsewhere but there are loads in London. I've had one all my life but then my old man is a Consultant....... but the fact that he has put his family in the hands of a private GP probably tells you something....

Robin