Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Plantar Fasciitis

Search this Thread

Old 28 April 2003, 07:19 PM
Butkus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I've been suffering with this now for six weeks, and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. Does anyone have any tips for making my foot better?

Plantar Fasciitis is inflammation of the sole of your foot (I'd never heard of it either before getting it!)

[Edited by Butkus - 4/28/2003 11:06:02 PM]
Old 28 April 2003, 09:20 PM
memski
Scooby Regular

How do you know you've got plantar fasciitis? Have you already seen a podiatrist?

If it's mild then wearing a decent pair of trainers (rather than flat/hard insoled shoes) may help, failing that you may need an orthotic device made up by a podiatrist to help keep the strain off the fascia. Avoid walking barefoot on hard surfaces First steps out of bed are agony so I hear :P
Old 28 April 2003, 11:03 PM
Butkus
Scooby Regular

I went to the local medical centre (NHS walk in hospital) a couple of weeks ago. The nurse I saw said it was Plantar Fasciitis. She suggested ice, Nurofen, gel inner soles, and that I should wear trainers.

What worries me is that she said it should clear up within a couple of weeks (I'd had it for 4 weeks at that time), but it's still there. It's noticeable when I get up from being sat down, and especially first thing in the morning. From what I have read on the internet, the outlook is not so good

[Edited by Butkus - 4/28/2003 11:12:41 PM]