Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

GHOSTS,anyone ever seen one????

Search this Thread

Old 05 January 2003, 02:45 PM
EvoBarry
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have never had experiences lke those above but i do live very close to one of/the most haunted building in the UK. Although i live 15 minutes away from it i have never visited it before! There is loads about this on google!

Its called Chingle Hall.
I've stayed overnight at Chingle Hall, and I can honestly say I felt nor heard nothing, not a sqeak, rattle, moan, basically one iota of a hint of that place being haunted by anything other than the owners wallet as he pockets all the money he charges for ppl to sit about all night in his tiny house.

Its a nice house, got some "atmosphere" to it, as most old house do. But haunted? Do me a favour.

[Edited by EvoBarry - 5/1/2003 2:46:17 PM]
Old 05 January 2003, 02:59 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Wink

I believe my car is haunted it is quite disconcerting and i have not hear of any similar cases!

Whenever i go out and buy a takeaway something strange happens - by the time i get home some of the food, sometimes half of or more has dissappeared. It only seems to happen when i am on my own and it is getting kinda creepy. My other half is too scared to get in the car at night and come out with me so i am in a difficult position.

It may be a Poltergiest(sp) as i often find it has thrown food crumbs or there are stains down my front!

It does not seem to mind what sort of food i buy, it always does this.

Has anybody else had anything similar

[Edited by Paul Habgood - 5/1/2003 3:02:02 PM]
Old 25 April 2003, 09:04 PM
TIFF-C20WTH
Scooby Regular

Just wondering if anyone has ever seen one or just peoples views on them???

Oh,and yes i have seen one.
Old 25 April 2003, 09:28 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

tell us the story then....
Old 25 April 2003, 09:45 PM
kevin stanton
Scooby Regular

tell us then
Old 25 April 2003, 09:50 PM
Sith
Scooby Regular

Not seen a ghost but witnessed a strange thing. So something was in my room.

I was playing snooker and deciding on my next shot when I was paused in time, the yellow ball rose from the pocket, travelled 2 foot through the air before falling to the ground, but it didn't roll or make a sound. I was screaming inside my head but I couldn't move. Then all of a sudden my room was warm again and I could run out of the room. I tried to drop the ball and it rolled off out the door and down the stairs.

As I result I believe in the spirit world and life after death.

Old 25 April 2003, 09:54 PM
XT
Scooby Regular

More More More !!!!!

That was spooky btw

Trending Topics

Old 25 April 2003, 10:02 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts
best one I had was..

On the internet at about 1 am, sitting at the computer in my spare room, alone in the house. The only things on in the house were my computer and the light in the room.. Suddenly there was darkness and at the same time something hot landed in my lap, it was the bulb from the ceiling light. I was quite suprised to say the least, quite calm though.

The thing is after getting over the shock for a second I thought it had just fallen out. What made me start worrying was when I turned the landing light on and had a look at the layout of where I was in relation to the light.

Basically the ceiling light was in the center of the room, the computer was against one of the walls(approx 5 feet from being in line with the ceiling light), I was sitting at the computer desk lean't forward. Somehow the bulb managed to not only come out of the fitting (bayonet style), but also come forward 5 foot and land in my lap!. When studying the room I couldn't understand how it could have got that distance and onto my lap at that angle not hitting my head as I was lean't towards the computer.
Old 25 April 2003, 10:08 PM
XT
Scooby Regular

Red face

Old 25 April 2003, 11:33 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Talking

there must be an explanation...err... the bulb was never correctly fitted and sprung out of the socket when it got hot and.. umm.. landed smack in your lap. easy

more ghost sories please...
Old 25 April 2003, 11:50 PM
TIFF-C20WTH
Scooby Regular

Well here is mine

When i was about 6 my Grandad died of old age,my Nan carried on living in the same house until she passed away about 8 years ago.
I can remember my Nan but vagerly remember my Grandad.
Anyway,about a month after my Nan died,me and my dad were clearing the house out.Furniture and stuff was being moved into the living room ready to be collected.My dad was sorting it up stairs and i was carring it to the lounge and putting it into piles.
As i entered the lounge with a few books and a lamp,i looked over to where the sofa used to be.
There,sat down as if sitting on the sofa,was my Grandad!
Not like you see in the films all transparent and white,but as if it was a real person.
He just turned and looked at me,real deep into my eyes.I just froze.
Not scared but in like a daze just looking.This went on for about 15 seconds then he just went.
The next thing i can remember is being stood outside the house with my dad telling him about what i had just seen.
He told me that since my Grandad had died,nearly all the family had seen him about the house!!!!!

So there you go,people have said to me,"Oh it was just your mind playing tricks on you"
But how come at least 8 other people had seen him too!!!
Old 25 April 2003, 11:52 PM
kevin stanton
Scooby Regular

sith,
sounds like too many acid tabs

jameswrx,
thats just strange, are you sure you wern't tripping aswell.

lol

i'm only mocking because its never happened to me.
if it did i'd probable **** me keggs.
Old 25 April 2003, 11:54 PM
kevin stanton
Scooby Regular

tiff
it make syou wonder when the sames happened to so many others
Old 25 April 2003, 11:57 PM
TIFF-C20WTH
Scooby Regular

Was wierd,but at the same time i was not scared at all.
Old 26 April 2003, 12:38 AM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
anyone seen the film with Bruce Willis, er Sixth Sense I think - theres some food for thought isnt it!

Ive not seen a ghost but I reckon Ive seen a UFO

[Edited by ADP - 4/26/2003 12:39:03 AM]
Old 26 April 2003, 12:55 AM
MrsP1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Smile

Do tell ADP!
Old 26 April 2003, 01:43 AM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh yeh sorry,

well basically it was just going dusky and I was out with the dog, in a pretty open area, so could see lots of sky for a long way.

Its not like I saw a full on flying saucer with a green man waving at me, but what I did see was moving ridiculously quickly considering how far away it was. A mate was with me and hes a Tornado Pilot, he also agreed there was nothing he knew of that could travel at that speed. Saw it for maybe 5 secs before it had gone.

I was pretty convinced that what Id seen was no plane, or if it was, is wasnt one that has ever been released to the public
Old 26 April 2003, 02:30 AM
Sith
Scooby Regular

LOL @ Kevin.

A mate at work told me about when his Grand Father past away in his sleep. For ages after they kept hearing doors slam at home even tho none had moved.

They consulted a medium who explained that the GF didn't realise he had died and thought everyone was ignoring him. Next time the doors were slamming, the family sat down and said out loud what had happened and that he should pass over. After that the doors have never slammed again.
Old 26 April 2003, 07:46 AM
XT
Scooby Regular

Old 26 April 2003, 08:02 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
Red face

I live in a house built in the 18thC located next to a castle. Doors unlock themselves and open of their own accord sometimes, girlfriend hears people moving around and on more than one occasion I've seen something move when there is no one else in the house.

Ghosts? I'm not sure, but its very spooky especially when the owls start hooting!
Old 26 April 2003, 08:32 AM
Toonman1
Scooby Regular

When I left my ex Wife, I rented a cottage in the middle of nowhere (North Yorks). My now Wife started to hear voices in the (detached) property, but I didn't. The dog and cat would stare at something in the lounge, but we couldn't see anything. The dog (Labrador) in particular, was regularly "spooked".

I awoke one night and at the end of the bed was a dark, shapeless mass. I actually cried out and my Wife found me with a pillow in front of me. It was very scary.

Not long after that, we started to get hassle with the TV/DVD/VCR in the lounge. We'd be watching TV, when the set would change channels, the DVD or VCR would start up and play. Or we could be watching a Video, when the VCR would stop, switch off completely, the TV would change channels and Teletext would start - only 2 random numbers however. Sometimes the TV would switch off and the DVD player would turn itself on - completely, not just from standby.

We also had a another TV/VCR/DVD upstairs, and the same thing started happening there too.

I rang the Farmer's Wife (our Landlady), and asked if anyone had died in the house. She immediately asked WHO we'd seen! I said nothing but dark shapes, told her about the voices and the TV "tricks". She said it was her Father in Law, who'd died in the Cottage, and she'd seen him twice in daylight, in the room he died in, a room we used as a Study.

I sought advice from a Medium and was told to confront "it" next time he started playing with the TV. When it started again, I was quite angry, and shouted, telling "it" to stop messing around, and if "it" wanted to know how to use the stuff properly, I'd gladly help, but it had to show itself. Thankfully, it never did and we had no more problems.

We bought a house and left pretty sharpish.

Interesting thread.

Cheers

[Edited by Toonman1 - 4/26/2003 8:32:44 AM]

[Edited by Toonman1 - 4/26/2003 8:33:48 AM]
Old 26 April 2003, 08:36 AM
TIFF-C20WTH
Scooby Regular

it is starting to look like if you confront the ghost it will up and leave.
Old 26 April 2003, 08:45 AM
Toonman1
Scooby Regular

The Medium we asked, said the same as Sith's did - the Spirit not realising it was no longer alive.

As we'd visited the graves of my Grandparents/Great Grandparents recently, I wondered if it was one of them trying to make contact. The Medium said we could have "picked up" any confused Spirit at the Cemetery, and it had come home with us. The old, dead Farmer looks to be number one though.

At times, it was unnerving though.
Old 26 April 2003, 09:23 AM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts
there must be an explanation...err... the bulb was never correctly fitted and sprung out of the socket when it got hot and.. umm.. landed smack in your lap.
thats what I was thinking, and it was what stopped me running out of the house there and then but there is no way it would have travelled that far forward even if it had sprung out.

There was also a lamp shade on the fitting, it was an open bottom one but the bottom of the shade was in line with the bottom of the bulb if not longer, the angle to get onto my lap was impossible. Not only impossible because of the lamp shade but my body being in the way.

Also I was aware of no noise(should have made a fair ping), just sudden darkness and the hot bulb landing in my lap!. The ping would defo had made me jump before the bulb landed in my lap. I remeber the instant it went dark thinking 'power cut', then thinking 'computer still on' then the hot suprise in my lap (all in a flash).

Anyway enough of this, my neck is tingling!. Pure fluke I suppose, perfectly normal..(he says convincing his self)
Old 26 April 2003, 12:15 PM
Scooby_Loo
Scooby Regular

Red face

My mum told me about what I used to do as a child. It almost brought tears to my eyes. CEL can back me up because he was there during a discussion about it

When I was young I often played tea parties with my teddies and always had, what looked to be, an empty space next to me. My mum used to spy round the door and I would always be talking away. When she came in and asked if she could play too, she would go to sit in the empty space next to me. I would freak out and say 'No, the lady with the white hair is sitting there'.

she then went on to tell me that I walked around if i were holding someones hand, someone a lot taller than me. She asked who's hand I was holding and again it was 'the lady with the white hair'.

So out of curiosity, she dug out some old family photos and started to show me them (I had never seen these photos before, and I was only about 4), and finally got to a picture of my nana. Then I pointed at her and said 'look mummy, it's the lady with the white hair' My nana had passed away whilst my mum was pregnant with me. I can quite believe she came to visit.

I think Ghosts do exist. Its just that people see what they want to see, and at 4 years old, I was none the wiser.
Old 26 April 2003, 12:16 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I did my flying training with the RCAF and one night I was flying with my instructor near Lake Winnipeg when he told me to look at a white light in the distance. It appeared to be doing aerobatics but in a way that an aircraft was incapable of. He returned to the airfield and landed when it approached us and I was pretty relieved. Never found out what it was.

Some years later I had to go to the control tower as duty aircrew during night flying in the UK. The visual controller saw a flying object that looked like a silver cigar not too far away, it was still daylight. It was going very fast at about 2,000 feet high. When it changed direction it did so instantly at 90 degrees. The radar controller saw it too confirming where we could see it and worked out the speed at some 2 thousand Knots+! It was reported to the authorities and they said it was probably some re-entering space satellite breaking up!! Some hopes!

Les
Old 26 April 2003, 03:58 PM
Toonman1
Scooby Regular

Nice to hear Scooby_Loo
Old 26 April 2003, 04:31 PM
wakeboardar
Scooby Regular

Red face

ive heard a strange moaning coming from our bedroom when i have come home from work early, when ive entered the room ive just found my wife asleep in bed, whats really spooky is that the room is cold almost like a window had been opened.
Old 26 April 2003, 04:35 PM
Scooby_Loo
Scooby Regular

Lmfaooooooo
Old 26 April 2003, 05:23 PM
Nikko2
Scooby Regular

Red face

That story about the tv and video doing funny things would have me running out of the door if I had just watched the ring.

Quick Reply: GHOSTS,anyone ever seen one????