Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Safety camera vans

Search this Thread

Old 22 April 2003, 03:31 PM
CEL
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Over the last couple of weeks i have noticed a van parked up some mornings on the grass verge on a short stretch of dual carrageway on my way to work. The stretch of road has a 40 limit on it but is almost straight and almost invites you to go faster.

One occasion the van was parked up on the grass in the middle of the carraigeway and they had the gear set up to catch people coming the other way. The last 2 times i have seen it, its been parked on the grass verge on the side i travel on in the morning but the feds are no where to be seen

This morning i noticed for the first time a small window in the side of the van facing the road, it was blacked out so i couldnt see in.

Does anyone know if they sit in the van..... doors, windows closed and bust people for speeding while they are supping tea and eating bacon sarnies?
Old 22 April 2003, 03:40 PM
Badger Stuffer
Scooby Regular

Sounds fecking dangerous to me. What is an artic lost control and ploughed into the van..

Old 22 April 2003, 03:43 PM
Pyrocam999
Scooby Regular

We've got a couple of silmilar vans up this way. Got a mate in the traffic cops and he say's that they belong to the DVLA. They've got 2 Laser aligned high speed digital cameras in them Takes a pic of the car, not for speeding but to check out the ROAD TAX and Vehicle Reg Details. DVLA having a crack down on Road Tax Fraud.

Muiry
Old 22 April 2003, 04:01 PM
CEL
Scooby Regular

Badger, u are only supposed to be doing 40 on that road though suppose it could still be a mess if it happened

Pyrocam, thanks for that, i thought it was the feds setting up another sneaky speed trap.
If its a sunny day (and i mean only sunny days), you can almost guarantee the feds will be stood just out of sight on a very long slow bend armed with a camera
Old 22 April 2003, 04:39 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

I saw a van parked up on Saturday. I was quite worried as it didn't set my radar detector off... so I turned around and then pulled a u-turn just in front of him - proceeding to floor it up to the speed limit. Sure enough my laser alert went off, but only after a good 10 seconds. I guess if I had been speeding I would have been shafted as soon as he'd got a reading - no chance to slow down.
Old 22 April 2003, 06:20 PM
john_s
Scooby Regular

Around here they sit in the mobile taxation units with the doors open to get their readings.

John.