Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Prospeed Motorsport Scholarship

Search this Thread

Old 07 April 2003, 10:31 AM
MartinM
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.prospeed-motorsport.co.uk ..and click on Scholarship.

Anyone had a go?
Have they done it before?
Apart from the cynical view that it's in their interest to invite as many people as possible to the second day, I guess someone has to win eventually.

Any thoughts?

Yes, I am going to ring them, but thought it worth asking the Scoobynet coomunity first

Martin
PS Its for my son, not me
Old 07 April 2003, 01:54 PM
MartinM
Scooby Regular

BTT please
Old 07 April 2003, 02:45 PM
SWRTWannabe
Scooby Regular

I've always fancied a rally driving experience, and saw the advert for it. The first day is only half a day, so at 200 pounds, it works out slightly more than other experiences "on the market".

Given that I have never driven a rally car before (the PS2 doesn't count ) I had to be realistic in that my chances of winning wouldn't be too great, although it does sound like a good prize.

So, in the end I decided to give it a miss.
Old 07 April 2003, 08:24 PM
rr_ww
Scooby Regular

I had a look at this a while ago when it was advertised in Autosport magazine. Dont really fancy paying £200 to drive an VW Golf GTI (probably a mk 2) when there are other drives availiable in much better cars. Cough www.billgwynne.com Cough

Many years ago (2000) Silverstone ran a "Peugeot Rally Challenge". I went to one of the heats (£495) and although they said it was about who learned the most during the day, in actual fact it was about who was fastest from the word Go. So I like mamy others were taking it fairly steady and then later they tell you its about fastest times!!!

Example were on the SS Stage at Silverstone in a 106. Blokes teaching you about pace notes. "Where are YOUR pace notes?" he asks me. errr I've just got here, I have no clue what you want? So we start off down the ramp and I give it some. Guy holds me back saying its not about speed its about the note learning. So I back off to about 30-40 mph. DO a couple of laps explaining what a 6 corner is compared to a 2 corner then stop. Guy then says he was timing it?!?!?!?

All this bull about never having held a licence was crap too. The winner on my day, and subsequently the whole thing was Kris Meeke (now under McRaes wing) His dad is an experienced Irish Rally Cross driver, are you telling me his son never had a go?

Load of crap in my experience. Im not saying I would have been the best there but these things arent fairly worked. Just an easy way to get a lot of interest in a average day driving course!