Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone been to Toronto

Search this Thread

Old 02 April 2003, 11:36 AM
Bakerman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Going to Toronto at the end of April for a few days.
Anybody got any suggestions of things that cant be missed ?

Thanks

ps. wouldn't a travel section make sense as I can't be the only person to ask about different destinations in the world ?
Old 02 April 2003, 11:43 AM
GaryCat
Scooby Regular

Fantastic city, take a guided bus tour and then decide which bits you want to return to. CN tower obviously. Niagara Falls is about 2 hours away and shouldn't be missed.

G.
Old 02 April 2003, 11:49 AM
JPR
Scooby Regular

CN Tower a must.

Watch a baseball game from the Hardrock Cafe in the Skydome(next to the CN Tower). Even if baseball isn't your thing, the experience of watching a game from the window seats whilst have a meal and a good drink counts for a good evening. You can book on-line at the Hardrock Cafe website, the cost of reserving a table is less than that of a standard ticket in the stand.
Old 02 April 2003, 11:52 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Well, I'm relocating to Toronto, well, Mississauga (just outside the big T) as of this Friday, so by end of april I should know some places to check out.

You could pop over to Toronto Subaru Club and post in the 'guest' forum and ask the people there about places to see. They are a great bunch and have put up with me asking all kinds of weird and wonderful questions!
Old 02 April 2003, 11:54 AM
JPR
Scooby Regular

Must also add, make sure its an evening game. Doh - Must also add, make sure there is actually an evening home game on when you are out there! If you fancy it, book early.
Old 02 April 2003, 12:38 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Oh and if you are there on a friday, there is a School Disco event at a nightclub every friday night, not that I'll be going, oh no
Old 02 April 2003, 01:26 PM
SWRTWannabe
Scooby Regular

CN Tower is absolutely excellent - and you have to stand on the glass floor and look down!

Niagara falls are great - when I went a couple of years back and it was March, so no boat trips running but it was very picturesque as much of the surroundings were frozen (myself included )

Despite not having a clue about the game, going to see ice hockey was fun too!

The science museum thing, and the 3d cinema thing (the names of which escape me) are also good, but I wouldn't class them as "unmissable"
Old 02 April 2003, 03:09 PM
Red Scooby widdow
Scooby Regular

Nah...don't just STAND on the glass floor at the top of the CN Tower...JUMP up and down on it ! It's a scream watching the faces of the faint-hearted ! Seriously though it might sound a tad daft, even visiting the tower on a cloudy day is something else. The SkyDome do a terrific guided tour.Some very startling facts and stats to had during it. Science centre is very hands-on.TTC Trams are good to travel by, very easy to follow. Centre Islands in Lake Ontario are good for a day out. Also there are plenty of boat trips out on the lake to be had and if you are that way inclined, a float plane trip is really the biz.
Yes Niagara is well worth the trip, its only about 70 miles away. Also Niagara on the Lake is a beautiful olde worlde town with a year-round Xmas shop. A delight after the hustle and bustle of T.O. Talking of which, Toronto is still one of the safest cities to be in. And I take it you are a bloke...well whatever you do, don't miss Hooters. Orange short shorts and low cut tops... a feast for any male's eyes !
Old 02 April 2003, 03:41 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

RSW - I am, *ahem* well versed in Hooters, as have been known to frequent the USA from time to time. Plus a couple of ladies I know in the USA are ex hooters girls, and they are really nice, and not at all the sterotypical bimbos!
Old 02 April 2003, 04:21 PM
Red Scooby widdow
Scooby Regular

Fear Not Markus, I have great respect for them thar HOOTER girls, they do a great job and are definately NOT bimbos.
Old 02 April 2003, 04:26 PM
bashful
Scooby Regular

Why go to Hooters? Didn't Canadians invent poledancing as a speciality? I understand there're a couple of cultural establishments up Jonge Street where this quaint folk custom is kept alive.
Old 02 April 2003, 05:31 PM
Scooby Dooby Blue
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

If you're a rollercoaster junkie (like me), Paramount Canadas Wonderland is a must! It has a selection of the best rollercoasters i've been on, and I've been on lots
I'm not sure about April, but as of September, through the winter, it's only open at weekends as the schools are back.

Paul
Old 02 April 2003, 08:09 PM
Red Scooby widdow
Scooby Regular

Yeah can vouch for Canada's Wonderland... there's a really scarey rollercoaster there which you stand up on ! YIKES AND its the only ride park I've ever visited where the adults out number the kids ,,,,, so be warned !
Old 02 April 2003, 09:40 PM
Kevin Greeley
Scooby Regular

No, but I used to watch him on Tele with the Lone Ranger!

<groan>