Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Can I get some service??

Search this Thread

Old 28 March 2003, 10:07 AM
KRM
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Becoming increasingly amazed by the lack of intelligence of people in this world. I took my T68i back two weeks ago as it wasn't holding a charge. I TOLD THEM it wasn't the battery as I'd swapped batteries with a friend - charged fine in her phone, didn't in mine. I TOLD THEM it therefore was likely to be something with the charging circuit. They said they'd had to send it back.

Two weeks with a s*** brick phone later and I get my phone back... with a brand new battery and, oh, what a surprise, it's still not holding a charge!

Thank you for listening, rant over.
Old 28 March 2003, 10:23 AM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Want the short answer or the long answer?

Short answer: NO

I had a problem with a fruit coloured mobile phone operator a while back. It is a business account with 50 lines & handsets. One of the administrators, as her title suggests, administrates the account for us. But new handsets could not be activated by the administrator. Oh no. They have to speak to me to activate a new handset, even though they were quite happy for anyone to make an order for one. Endless conversations ensued along the lines of:

me - do you think I have time to spend all day activating new handsets?
them - well sir, it is part of the procedure
me - i would like the procedure to be altered
them - i'm afraid that's not possible sir
me - wtf not?
them - because the activation of the handset forms part of a legal agreement between you and us
me - fine, i authorise my administrator to make this legal agreement on my behalf.
them - but your administrator is not the named account holder
me - eh? Just give her authority to do it.
them - i'm afraid we can only have one named account holder
me - that's ridiculous. what if I had 2,000 phones?
them - well then you would be on a business account
me - what? I am on a f***ing business account! do you think I personally spend £30,000 per annum on mobile phone calls?
them - well i suppose not sir
me - this really isn't getting anywhere is it? please find out how much it will cost to cancel all lines that are still in contract. i'm sick of this, i'm going to a different provider.
them - well it will take a while to calculate that sir. is it ok if someone phones you back?
me - no, i'll hold.
them - sorry sir, someone else will have to speak to you about this.

eventually a grovelling person phoned back and promised I could have anything I wanted, sent me a couple of free 8210s and the matter was rested, for the time being....

Charlie