Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Neighbours Kid kicks ball off my car

Search this Thread

Old 04 January 2003, 03:55 PM
Jye_0
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should have added to this ages ago but the thread disappeared off the page and hence my limited attention span,

A kid of about 12 was flinging stones at my garage door and chipping the paint, I told him to stop numerous times and he basically told me to **** off. As soon as I went back indoors Id hear the banging of stones off the door again. His mother was a single parent and when I complained she just looked at me like some gormless moron and uttered some ****ty ineffectual platitudes about him being out of control, sorry etc. The kid who was in at the time denied it and she just looked at him and said 'I hope your telling the truth', sheeesh.. Anyone else would have said 'I hope your not f**kin well lying or your getting it' or something to that effect.

Anyway after I noticed a couple of dents on the Scoob’s bonnet I decided to take action. I asked my m8's son who the toughest guy at their school of that year was. I then offered (through my m8's son) the 'bearded' *** smoking 12 year old hard man a tenner up front to sort out my problem and a tenner when the job was 'finished' to my satisfaction.

I gave the *** smoker directions via the m8's son regarding the time and place. I knew the stone thrower would be about on the Saturday morning at 10'ish as I always go out then and stone flinger thought it was hilarious to stand and smile at me as I drove away, knowing fine well that we both knew he was going to start pelting my garage door as soon as I was gone. I then drove away and parked round the corner only driving back a couple of minutes after seeing the *** smoking 12 year old turning into my street. I got back just in time to see the little **** being kicked up and down the street. How I stood and laughed as he squealed for mercy

I had also asked the *** smoker to tell the little ****e that I was his uncle and that he would be getting a kicking every day after school if he didn’t disappear off my street for good. His mother came up later and started whinging at me but I just told her I didn’t have any nephews ending with ‘you know kids, all out of control these days’

It’s all in the planning; I think I only saw him once in about a year after this

[Edited by Jye_0 - 4/1/2003 4:00:02 PM]
Old 26 March 2003, 01:01 PM
barrybudden
Scooby Regular

Angry

This is a big problem for me. The next door neighbour is a *****, he wont disiplin his children. The older on is 7 and thinks hes Beckham, he is never without his football. They moved in a couple of years ago and I have had this bother since then.

I used to have an 82 VW Golf GTI lovely car had been restored and cost me a fortune. I was out cleaning it and the brat kicks his ball of it. Spoke to the father as he was lifting the ball over my fence about respecting other peoples property etc. He just smiled at me. I went into one and he avoided me for months. The holigan wasnt worried.

Every time I see the brat out I remind him to keep his ball away from my car. He kicks it off the windows on the house too.

So 3 weeks ago I come home and find a football shaped mark on the car, I tell him about it and then the next week another on only it has scored the paint. I have a word with the mother and ask her to tell the kid to not play with his ball near my car, as I cant say for sure it was him or not. Her attitude was its just one of those things, put the car in the garage, her son should not have to go to the park to play ball he should be allowed to do what he wants.

What can I do as talking to them does not seem to work?
Could the council help?
Old 26 March 2003, 01:22 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dont know about the council, but what if when he's playing ball, you just happen to be outside pruning the flowers with a knive, and the knive just happens to go through the ball!

Know how you feel, I had similar issue with a nextdoor neighbour for about 6 months until they moved.

Shaun
Old 26 March 2003, 01:32 PM
bigdavegtt
Scooby Newbie

Angry

If the ball comes over pop it mate, if he likes his ***** he'll stop doing it.

The council is defo worth a ring, then maybe a solicitor, lets see the little ****** parent shrug it off when they get a letter from your solicitor through the post!!!

That would drive me mad!!!!

Dave.
Old 26 March 2003, 01:34 PM
brett555
Scooby Regular

If the ball lands on your side. ......

.... Keep it

brett
Old 26 March 2003, 02:05 PM
Beemer_Deano
Scooby Regular

Talking

A mate of mine had exactly the same problem - a couple of weeks in the body shop fixed it

Deano

Old 26 March 2003, 06:18 PM
Stringpants
Scooby Regular

Cool

Kidnap the kid...drive him 200 miles away and dump him!!

Sorted!!

Trending Topics

Old 26 March 2003, 06:39 PM
McScooby
Scooby Regular

...and the same to his old man
Old 26 March 2003, 06:43 PM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Just put up a cheap video camera and leave it on the car and surrounding area while you are at work.
If he does it again it will be caught on camera and you can just take it down to the police station.
Old 26 March 2003, 08:40 PM
Mr.M
Scooby Regular

Just get a ******* loud stereo and play it just after the kid has gone to bed. Might just make them tw*t the brat for his anti-social behavior!

Old 26 March 2003, 08:54 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!
Next time the ball comes over to your garden, pop it!
Old 26 March 2003, 09:04 PM
m18use
Scooby Regular

My neighbour put his straight threw the window and ran and hid
because i was in a strop he did write us a note saying sorry
and offered to pay out of his pocket money
so we let him off and nver plays football by the car anymore
Old 26 March 2003, 10:10 PM
AJT
Scooby Regular

Just be careful what you do or say - sounds like they're not exactly upstanding memebers of the community & you might find worse than a ball mark on your car. Get some advice and try to resolve amicably - you don't want the staring role on 'Neighbours from hell', it aint worth all the hassle m8.

Different generation ! as they say. If I got caught making a nuisance of myself when I was that age my feet didn't touch the ground - my son will definately be taught to respect others & their property also.

Good luck anyhow!
Old 26 March 2003, 10:26 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Wink

AJT has got a ******* good point, different generation to you / me, so they wouldn't understand. When I was younger my Mum / Dad or even another grown up said no, that was the end of it. I didn't mess. These days children, including my own just don't respect anything or anyone. I know I have four daughters and can see the attitude differences even at there young age, compared to mine when I was younger. And believe me I was no angel

Blagging the ball and telling them to get there parents over to discuss the football games against my window did work for me. Just be very careful how you conduct yourself while doing this. Remember they are children (maybe very uncontrolled) and the law, etc would take a dim view of strange adults kicking off with them!! I would if another adult messed with my kids.

Cheers Phill
Old 27 March 2003, 10:11 AM
Mr Gee
Scooby Regular

I had a similar problem about 5 years ago. I owned a 300ZX at the time and the brat next door decided he would slide across the bonnet of my car aka Starsky & Hutch style. Well, I just happened to be looking out the window at the time and caught him in the act. His parents said "boys will be boys" and they didnt want to know. I got the police involved, but because he was under a certain age, he just got a ticking off from them.
After that incident, he got cocky and started playing cricket/football/rugby by my car until I found a load of dents on it one day, with an inprint of a cricket ball. I went into one, and his parents agian shruged it off.
I managed to resolve the problem, by descretely showing the kid a 12 inch Rambo knife that I had under my jacket and I happened to tell him what where I would stick it if I found another dent on the car. The kid then started going to the park from that day on. Every time I saw him, I would give him a knowing wink and that was enough to get him quaking again.
Old 27 March 2003, 12:52 PM
GREEN SCOOBY
Scooby Regular

how about throwing stones of his window to see if they like that.bet they dont!
I have a similar problem at work with the **** holes playing football.We work in an industrial estate which is packed full of cars and they all play in the street kicking ***** of cars (even though there is parks 2 mins away).I have told them time and again to not do it but they all dont care as they dont have cars of if they have most are ****.Everytime the ball comes out it goes of my car.I tell them that they will pay if damage is done and oh god they will but they are too thick to realise the damage that can be done so carry on playing even though management has warned them all.This puts me in a very awkward position on what to do because when they damage the car I will have to tell management or the police,they will have to pay up or they end up hurt,we will fall out at work and I end up with a damaged car if it can not be repaired,all because they have to have a game of fooooty!

rant over.

[Edited by GREEN SCOOBY - 3/27/2003 1:03:02 PM]
Old 27 March 2003, 01:01 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Keep the ball - When he asks for it back ask him to prove ownership. His Dad will come round claiming it. Get him to agree that it is sons ball and then tell him you will return it once they have paid for a respray. Continue ad infinitum. I bet after they buy him 3 or 4 new ***** he will be advised to play elsewhere
Old 27 March 2003, 01:28 PM
The_Lizard
Scooby Regular

Put a pinhole in the ball so it isn't obviously damaged but not nearly so much fun after a bit.

You don't have a slingshot, by any chance...

Old 27 March 2003, 02:14 PM
5 inch pipe
Scooby Regular

park somewhere else
Old 27 March 2003, 02:22 PM
-=Buzz=-
Scooby Regular

kill and burn them all

DISLAIMER- don't do it!
Old 27 March 2003, 02:24 PM
Fluffer
Scooby Regular

Get a large dog preferably one with an attitude problem that hates children (rescue homes are good for this). Put up signs warning them about the dog. Let it roam freely. If they are too stupid to heed the warning and the little **** comes over the fence with any luck the dog will tear his throat out. Worst that will happen is the dog will get put down and you wont have a problem with dents in the car anyomore.
Old 27 March 2003, 02:27 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

Invade Iraq. Preferably use chemical weapons, in order to err... rid the country of chemical weapons...

It won't help you with the dents in your car but it might make you feel better.
Old 27 March 2003, 02:35 PM
Fluffer
Scooby Regular

LOL@propercharlie
Old 27 March 2003, 02:37 PM
blimey
Scooby Regular

Simple. Just boot the ball back as hard as you can making sure it leaves a nice dent in your neighbours car. If he complains say "Ooops, sorry, these things happen...and will do so until you sort your brat out!"
Old 27 March 2003, 02:39 PM
Badger Stuffer
Scooby Regular

LOL @ Blimey. That is a quality response. I'd love to see the reaction that one got.
Old 27 March 2003, 02:48 PM
scoob_babe
Scooby Regular

Location: Nobody knows how to tie the simple knots that I know
....until a brick gets thrown back
judging by what has previously been said, I wouldn't put it past the neighbour!
Old 27 March 2003, 02:52 PM
blimey
Scooby Regular

Footballs and bricks are entirely different. One is simply a 'careless accident while returning lost property' the other is 'intentional damage of property/use of a deadly weapon'. I'd say go for it...fight fire with fire.
Old 27 March 2003, 02:53 PM
scoob_babe
Scooby Regular

Location: Nobody knows how to tie the simple knots that I know
yes, you can spot the difference but I bet neighbour isn't so bright!
Old 27 March 2003, 03:09 PM
blimey
Scooby Regular

From the description given of the neighbour I don't get any indication whatsoever that they might be violent - it sounds like they are far too soft and more than eager to avoid confrontation, hence the problem. If their response to his repeated requests had been "**** off!" then I'd recommend he justs parks his car somewhere else.

When I was a kid (too long ago for my liking) we had a nextdoor neighbour with an adopted son. He was a nightmare! The parents excercised no control or discipline whatsoever. One sunny day my mother was out mowing the front garden when the lad (then about 17/18) decided to amuse himself by throwing a bowie knife into the lawn she was mowing like some scene from a western. When my dad got home from work that day he went absolutely ballistic! He then set off nextdoor to confront the neighbours, saw the lad in the garage and literally beat the living $hit out of him! Problem solved. No come back, no recriminations and no more unruly neighbour.
Old 29 March 2003, 10:28 AM
WREX
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs down

I've got every simpaphy with you mate.Me and the good lady have had the same problem for over two years now.Kicking the ball at the house windows.Kicking the ball at the front door.Kicking the ball on our car,leaving scratches on the car.Our previous car had two perfect scratch marks in the shape of a football.If you shout at them they just laugh and get worse, because they know either you or the law can't touch the little *******s.We even had them throwing stones at our car.I've been to there parents and they actually turned round to me and said," the kids had been in all day and couldn't have possibly been doing as i had said".That's half the problem,the parents don't care as long as their litlle brats are out from under their feet.Unfortunatly there doesn't seem to be a easy,viable soloution to this problem.

Quick Reply: Neighbours Kid kicks ball off my car