Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Britain a failing society?

Search this Thread

Old 26 March 2003, 12:53 PM
Fluffer
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We all know that as pointed out in an earlier post Britains landscape can be very beautiful. However many people express their dissatisfaction with the way of life. Why?

Is Britain as bad as is made out? Is London really that dangerous? Why do we pay so much tax when our public services are failing?

For my part I feel our society is failing and we are paying the price in the crime rate. Our quality of life is being ruined by the low level unpleasantness that pervades peoples attitudes (kids hanging around shops, vandalism, littering) Why are things so bad?
Old 26 March 2003, 12:58 PM
TurboKitty
Scooby Regular

Talking

our society
Bwhahahahahahahahaha!!!

Fluffer, or whoever you are by the time I've hit submit, you are priceless!!
Old 26 March 2003, 01:00 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Edited to remove sensible post

[Edited by MattW - 3/26/2003 3:39:01 PM]
Old 26 March 2003, 01:05 PM
bros2
Scooby Regular

Fluffer,

With the best will in the world, go back to reading the Sport, there's a good lad. Try not to trouble yourself with complicated things like like joined up writing and tying shoelaces, let alone big concepts like societal change, implications of social policy, and the cosequences of poor investment in housing stock over the last 50 years.

If you seriously want to engage in debate on this subject, fine, but somehow I doubt it's going to happen.

bros
Old 26 March 2003, 01:15 PM
Fluffer
Scooby Regular

what is it that gets your goat so much? the points I raised are valid and no amount of petty comments detracts from them.

As for housing policy thats a good point and a great place to start. What housing policy exactly? I didn't think there was one.
Old 26 March 2003, 01:21 PM
bros2
Scooby Regular

Fluffer,

Truanting today? Using mummy and daddy's PC when you should be at school. Bet you feel all grown up and everything.

Run away, little boy. Troll elsewhere, and come back when your ***** have dropped.

bros
Old 26 March 2003, 01:26 PM
Popeye P1
Scooby Regular

Why r u picking on Fluffer. He has some valid points. Its precisely why we're in such a mess 'Bros' with you're arrogant NIMBY attitude.

Now trot along little boy. LOL
Old 26 March 2003, 01:30 PM
Fluffer
Scooby Regular

typical people don't like a point of view so accuse you of trolling.

the facts are all around you: our society is in trouble.
Old 26 March 2003, 01:30 PM
TurboKitty
Scooby Regular

Smile

Popeye, ask him who he used to post as and read some of his other opinions. That should make it clear why his views are not being taken particularly seriously.

He's not in this to make valid and serious points. His aim is purely and simply to cause as much trouble as possible.
Old 26 March 2003, 01:32 PM
bros2
Scooby Regular

Popeye

But I really DON'T want him in my back yard (well, garden)

bros
Old 26 March 2003, 01:36 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

The solution is simple. Get rid of benefits. Its no secret that crimes done by council estate kids who's parents just scrounge from the government and neglects their kids. If they don't work, they won't be able to breed. If they don't breed, we can rid the menace that plagues us. Crime and poverty would more or less dissapear..
Old 26 March 2003, 01:39 PM
Fluffer
Scooby Regular

TK that is not my aim

edited to add I would be very interested to know who you think I was- I think you may be wrong

[Edited by Fluffer - 3/26/2003 1:40:53 PM]
Old 26 March 2003, 01:41 PM
Popeye P1
Scooby Regular

Katana that is the most sensible thing u said. I 2nd that. Stop the breeding of delinquents. They're just a drain on our society.
Old 26 March 2003, 01:46 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Exactly. Hopefully soon, they'll start a scheme where license is needed for one to have kids. People with criminal records should be banned from having kids and sterilised.How can they be good parents if they themselves are not fit for society?
Old 26 March 2003, 01:50 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Fluffer, i'm even more interested as to why you won't just come out and say it. There's nothing to hide is there?

After all, we all like to know more about the people we're talking with, so revealing your past incarnation(s) is surely only a positive thing, no?
Old 26 March 2003, 01:53 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

Is it as bad as people make out? I've lived in London since I was 6 years old. I've never been mugged, only been lightly assaulted once and I've hung out in some roughish areas. As a teenager I frequently walked long distanced across the city late at night or early in the morning, most of the time off my boat on one thing or another. Nothing bad ever came of it. My car has never been stolen, even though I've never had off-street parking, and I've only ever assaulted another person once (don't worry,; they deserved it *and* they were south african )

Crime happens, sure. It's always going to happen and the bigger the divide between rich and poor, the more likely it is. However, is it really as bad as you would believe if you sent your whole life reading the daily mail?

Charlie
Old 26 March 2003, 01:55 PM
Fluffer
Scooby Regular

its irrelvant- the other use name I had was about 70 posts strong so it really doen't matter. Others keep bringing it up so I believe you may have me mixed up with someone else.

As for Britain I fear that things are only going to get worse- higher taxes, a war to pay for and crime rising through the roof.

How many of you feel safe leaving your cars parked on the street- I'm betting almost none. The only solution I can see is a radical reworking of society. How this can be achieved I don't know but change it must before things become unbearable.

edited to add: I don't intend to reveal the name and give you people further ammunition to attack me with- I've gone for a fresh start and said nothing offensive or used profanity.

[Edited by Fluffer - 3/26/2003 1:57:09 PM]
Old 26 March 2003, 02:01 PM
bros2
Scooby Regular

You're not that tosser BenP are you? He espoused much the same sort of radical reworking of society
Old 26 March 2003, 02:06 PM
Fluffer
Scooby Regular

no I'm not Ben P I was on the board for about 2 weeks- as explained I can't get to my original user name as I have not got the password or email account anymore.

thats the truth and if you don't like it then........I guess you don't like it. I'm not here to be overyl provocative. I really believe that something needs to be done to save this country for the few decent people left in it.
Old 26 March 2003, 02:08 PM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

TurboKitty

It doesn't matter who you think Fluffer is /was - the fact is he has a valid point and he has the right to express it without being shot down by you and a couple of other people on here.

I think most people would agree with his comments, I certainly do. Problems with gangs of kids hanging round street corners, stealing mobile phones of younger kids, mugging old people. Council Tax rising by a reported 12 - 20% yet refuse collection in some areas being halved to once a fortnight. NI going up by 1%, petrol going up by the minute and for what???

To pay for benefits for people who refuse to find work and terrorists / immigrants who want to bleed our system dry!!!

Old 26 March 2003, 02:09 PM
krankyd
Scooby Regular

>>I really believe that something needs to be done to save this country for the few decent people left in it.

Isn't that a BNP core policy?

You not telling us something?
Old 26 March 2003, 02:09 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Chip Butty!!! Where have you been mate?
Old 26 March 2003, 02:10 PM
daiscooby
BANNED

Stopping delinquents breeding.......
Could you please quantify who is in this socialogoical group ?.
Would you then stop other sections of the community breeding ?, say handicapped, short people, people with curly hair ( self defence there ). What qualifies as " untermenschen " to warrent the exclusion from procreation.
I knew a few delinquents back in my youth who are now successful pillars of society, with kids as well.
And also the reverse mind you
Old 26 March 2003, 02:12 PM
bros2
Scooby Regular

Oh great, more anti-immigrant threads coming up.
Old 26 March 2003, 02:12 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Eugenics can sometimes be a good thing. Haven't you heard? They found a gene for people who are likely to be more violent and engage in criminal activities.
Old 26 March 2003, 02:18 PM
Popeye P1
Scooby Regular

Delinquent kids- I mean kids who grow up causing grief to others through crime. Their parents are as bad and can't even bring their kids up right.
And they get enough handouts from the state! I'm sick to death of giving these people chance after chance to reform. Its time to stop this dependency on welfare. It doesn't make this 'pond-life' any better.

Enough innocent victims have been murdered, maimed by these delinquents. As far as i'm concerned lock the troublemakers up for good or even feed them to the pigs. Let us enjoy our society without them.

Whatever happened to two strikes and you're out??? grhhh
Old 26 March 2003, 02:19 PM
Fluffer
Scooby Regular

I am in no way whatsoever a racist! I am however prejudiced against violent people, thieving toerags and other anti social types.

These are the problem elements in society. As for eugenics that is very dodgy ground morally at least. Genetic diversity, even perceived poor traits, is what allows us to survive and evolve.
Old 26 March 2003, 02:20 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Whatever happened to two strikes and you're out??? grhhh
Its because of them bloody liberals thats why. Jail time should be made into a punishment and not a rehab centre.
Old 26 March 2003, 02:26 PM
krankyd
Scooby Regular

>>They found a gene for people who are likely to be more violent and engage in criminal activities.

Why bother with genetics?

I know they're all called `bob` or `dave`, they live in council estates, usally are bald / shaven headed, and all drive about in mark 2 vauxhall cavalier's with the wife and 4 kids in the back.
Old 26 March 2003, 03:24 PM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Can "Fluffer" please be given the benefit of the doubt and not continually victimised for the reason that some of you "believe" without any evidence thus far he/she had a particular past identity?

From what I have seen nothing posted on recent threads by this poster has been in breach of scoobynet policy.

Shame the same cannot be said of some others.

Thanks

D

[Edited by Diablo - 3/26/2003 3:25:57 PM]

Quick Reply: Britain a failing society?