Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

S6-R Neo Setup??

Search this Thread

Old 15 March 2003, 12:24 PM
superdon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just been having a play with my new Snooper.

It picked up lots of satellites after just a couple of mins and I went for a drive. It picked up all the "fixed" cameras that I drove past. It gave lots of K band warnings.

It didnt, however, pick any of the four "mobile" sites that I drive past. I mean the ones that the police plug into and sit there with.

I have made no changes to the settings on the device, should I?
Old 15 March 2003, 12:31 PM
FERRARINUTTER
Scooby Regular

Where did u fit the radar unit......

The display top right should read R??, can't quite remember but read the manual go into settings and put "all" on.

When I had my unit inside the car (radar part) it picked mobile units up, though when it was moved to the front grill it picks them up within 400-500 mts.......
Old 15 March 2003, 12:34 PM
superdon
Scooby Regular

i have it mounted on the windscreen at the moment, just for testing it out.

it was picking up K band's so it must have been working and attached.

Would these mobile units not be stored and displayed via the GPS system as they are cameras and not radars?
Old 15 March 2003, 01:57 PM
Stu_WRX
Scooby Regular

If they are truly mobile, such as a rozzer hanging out the back of a van, then probably not as they can move frequently. It may be stored as a danger area. If they are the type often in roadworks, on trailers, then yes I think they should be in there.

Did you save them for upload?? Once you have saved them they will be in your unit anyway.

Stu...
Old 15 March 2003, 04:28 PM
dba
Scooby Regular

are you 100% sure you have the radar AND laser set up to be on at all times? were they mobile cameras (k band) or mobile units using laser?
Old 15 March 2003, 11:34 PM
superdon
Scooby Regular

I am talking about the ones where there is a small waist high post next to the road, and the polic have to plug in there cameras. I am not sure what these guys use - laser, camera, radar????

There are quite a few of these arounf my area and none have been picked up (although none were "manned" when I went passed them).
Old 16 March 2003, 08:00 AM
Stu_WRX
Scooby Regular

Don

They may be Truvelo sites, are there 3 white lines painted accross the road?? It is possible that the Police have mobile truvelo units.

http://www.truvelouk.com/installatio...ermanent.phtml

If that is the case then there will be no radar/laser signals. Snooper may store them as possible danger areas, upload them and then the guy's will come out and check.

Stu...

Trending Topics

Old 16 March 2003, 06:32 PM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

You finally got one then Chris

Won't help you with your mobile sites problem but which logic mode have you set it to?

I have to admit I've got so sick of the 'K-Band' radar alerts I've just told it to warn me about the laser & GPS fixed ones.

Matt
Old 16 March 2003, 06:33 PM
superdon
Scooby Regular

yup, finally got one (and the car )

i havent altered any settings at all yet, its all default.
Old 16 March 2003, 06:55 PM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I've set mine to Logic Mode 3 and Smart mute so I get the loud warning tone for cameras on my side of the road and that "soft" warning sound (the farting noise) if the camera's on the other side. Plus if you're in town crawling along at 5mph in traffic, the smart mute will stop it sounding off till you get near the speed limit of that camera (but the lights stil flash etc)

Matt
Old 23 March 2003, 08:08 AM
marklemac
Scooby Regular

Location: Southampton*** MY02 STi, Black/Blue Mica Prodrive Style, mildly modded :) :). ***
Hi guys,

Ref the screen. I emailed Performance Products and said that I had read here that the screens would get replaced foc. I got this reply.

"I will contact you when the new unit is in stock, we can discuss arrangements from there on.

Many Regards, Stuart Edmondson"

So, I will keep badgering him about the new screen, as mine is quite difficult to read due to glare.

RE: Radar. Mine bloody blips away all day. There seem to be K-Bands all over the place, to the point where I have no turned this option off.

RE: Laser. I seem to get laser warnings when clearly there is no-one wearing a yellow jacket pointing a gun at me. Drove past some trees the other day and got a laser warning !

RE: GPS. very good, BUT, it doesn't pick up all the speed camera in my area (Southampton/Bournemouth). Just drive into Bournemouth and there are 4 camera's inbound, and 3 outbound. It doesn't pick up 4 of them.

I have 'hotspotted' them in. Maybe they are duff cameras ?