Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Font questions

Search this Thread

Old 10 October 2001, 04:04 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

OK, someone asked about the subaru lettering font the other week. I'm asking again, but with a different slant. Does anyone have the font, but for Apple Macintosh? i've downloaded the font from many places but me mac don't want to play ball with it. i've changed type and creator codes on the file, created a font suitcase and put it in it, but still no luck. anyone got a mac version they could send me?

Also, anyone know what font French Connection uses, and where I could get a mac version of the font?
Old 10 October 2001, 04:25 PM
RichB
Scooby Regular

Good luck with that! I bet you could count the Mac peeps on this bbs with one hand.

If you do find them, send em my way too!

File types and creators are a neat trick but unfortunatley the files types are gonna be different.

Are postscript fonts cross platform? Yo might be able to get the print fonts working.

I am sure there are font editors out there so if you've found the PC version then some copying and pasting should be able to achieve what you need.

Sorry not much help but I 'll surprised if you get any joy.
Old 10 October 2001, 11:51 PM
VKL723
Scooby Regular

Question

I'm a Mac user and I used Eras for Subaru type style (I think, it was a while ago though!)
If you can help I am looking for a font or web site that converts into Japanese writing, abit of a hard one I know. Any help would be great!!

Paul
Old 11 October 2001, 09:36 AM
RichB
Scooby Regular

Paul,
What do you need to do. My girlfriend is Japanese so if you want something written in Japanese and converted to an image for use then let me know.

As for translation, I think this site was able to go from Japanese to English but not sure about the other way round. I think that would be pretty damn hard to be honest.