Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

CD writer stuffed

Search this Thread

Old 09 October 2001, 09:26 AM
orbv
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wrexy,

Sounds like the open / close button has been disabled on your CDRW and some script kiddie is controling your machine remotley. Hope you keep nothing private on it!

The most common way of doing this is using the SubSeven Windows Remote Control Trojan.

Check out
Old 09 October 2001, 12:15 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

Angry

Hi Peeps,

I have a Packard Bell PC and it came with a CD writer, a Phillips 4*4*32 I think. Anyway, as I was browsing the net one day, the door started to open on it's own and the tray started having attacks, shaking, opening and closing without me touching it. It does this often. Now I can't open it and it won't work. I can open it from MY COMPUTER, where I click eject, but not from the button on the writer. I can't close it, unless I force it shut. If I place a CD in it and force it shut it does not see the CD. I reloaded all my windows programs again from scratch thinking it might fix it, but nothing. Sometimes it causes my PC to lock up. Any ideas on what's wrong?

Cheers,

Wrexy.
Old 09 October 2001, 01:59 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

Hi Orbv,

Thanks for the info m8. I don't keep anything private on here. Just use the PC mainly for Scoobynet or the web. No accounts or anything of such. I have emailed dark-e for some instructions.

To download BOclean, from the other site you recommended, which would have been very simple, you need to be registered, or be a student with the university. Is there another link with software for removing trojans? I still don't know if my PC is infected.

One other thing I forgot to mention was that if I scan my CDRW with Norton antivirus a message comes up which says, "unable to access drive R, the drive is locked by a disc utility.

Cheers,

Wrexy.