Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

CS 1.3 Retail Wtf?

Search this Thread

Old 22 September 2001, 10:28 AM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

This "upgrade" has made a right horlicks of my favourites list in CS. I can't get connection to any NGUK servers, they all show with red ?s. Many of Barrysworld servers are the same, as are UK2.net's.

Have NGUK moved their server list someplace? Their IP adresses are valid, but Countermaps for example just doesn't connect anymore and a "view info" returns no hostname, just the IPaddress.

The voice com won't work, though judging by what I've heard so far it's not worth the effort to sort it!

It's got loads of bugs and none of the cheats have been eliminated, I have seen people bunny hopping etc.

Oh and the Inferno.bsp was missing from the upgrade, together with some sound and sprite files for survivor. I don't have the Predator.bsp at all.

All in all a right sack of cack which wasted Friday night for me and more time this morning. If they are trying to put people off playing, they are succeeding here I can tell you.

Not happy.

Old 22 September 2001, 06:04 PM
Steve Perriam
Scooby Regular

Question

i've not had the probs with servers m8 ? and the voice is fine.

so yours still not working ?

i heard that bunny hopping still working !

hope u sort it by tomorrow for our sess....i maybe a bit late as we are doing a bbq and have a few peeps coming at 5 ish....

survivor was ok for me but i'm on the mod version.

icq me l8r if i can help - just doing a bbq now to

steve
Old 27 September 2001, 09:45 AM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Felt I should say upgrading my sound card to SB live retail (PCI) (from SB16 P&P (ISA)) and its drivers has fixed the voice comm.

Yes I have still seen people bunny hopping though. And assorted (quite glaring) bugs are being reported on Counter-Strike.net forums.
Old 27 September 2001, 10:18 AM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

Barry

The bunny hopping which has been fixed was a particular technique which involved jumping and turning and strafing or summat but basically means you go across the map about three time as fast as normal hovering 10 ft off the ground. Just bouncing a long with a series of jumps is not the bug that was fixed much to my dissapointment.

I mean how hard is it to code something so that running with nothing in your hand is the quickest way to get somewhere

Deano