Integrated Supply Chain Survey

Search this Thread

Old 15 August 2001, 07:12 PM
Scoobyebye
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Dear all

No harm in trying ways to exploit new technology with people of like minds !!

I am a broad based senior (but young) Operations and Supply professional who has worked for several years in SME's and blue chip multi nationals.

I left my last employer by agreement in May and have some time on my hands. To cut a long story short, some work I have been doing concludes with surveys of topics of interest with the view to finding some longer term direction. I am not looking for a job - just seeking people of influence who can help with my survey.

SURVEY - Are companies seeking excellence and missing Key Account Delight ?

THEORY - It is my belief that companies approach key account from the front end only (sales and marketing) and the link to Operations and Supply Chain strategies is missing. Some of the Excellence cultures are being used in an un focused way and chances to delight key customers are going astray.

Questions I would ask myself if I was the President/MD/CEO

Do you have a key account strategy?
Do you know what your base level service should be form bench mark against your competition?
Do you know what would delight your customers - by company/ by region/by decision maker - and for how many years forward ?
Do you have a service policy that contains costed decisions to include or rule out differential service (delight) ?
Are you investing capital in plans that won't deliver what the customer and your business needs as a result ?

If you don't know what the hell this is about then sorry to have bored you ! If you do and are interested in helping me mail me on andy1taylor@aol.com

Would consider work in the US on an expenses paid basis

ANDY

[This message has been edited by Scoobyebye (edited 15 August 2001).]