Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Good Day!

Search this Thread

Old 08 August 2001, 02:34 PM
polarbearit
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I have just read a couple of 'Bad day' type threads and following on I thought I'd mention my good day.

...In Jan 2000 I took my current IT contract, the market was quiet and the job dull, nevermind I thought 4 weeks of it would be fine, anyway 20 months on I am still here and still bored, the market has been quiet lately and I have just sat tight and had fortunately been renewed a few times!

Anyway I had an interview for a job which I wasn't even sure I'd be suitable for on Monday. Anyway it went well but I wasn't sure whether I had the experience or was old enough to get the job. Anyway they were very pleased with me and this morning offered me the job, so I am soon to be a 'Windows 2000 Project Manager' which is nice! I guess I'd better think about telling me current boss I'm leaving soon

Jon
Old 08 August 2001, 04:53 PM
Steve Perriam
Scooby Regular

Cool

good one m8

drinks on you then

new job with a good prospect large company ? how long you been given initially then on their W2K Project - assuming its another contract and not a full time job !

They got large numbers of pcs / servers ?

steve
Old 09 August 2001, 09:08 AM
polarbearit
Scooby Regular

Talking

Yup, another contract, 6 months to start with, and they are fully committed to the project (which will make a nice change for me!!!). They are a large financial service organisation and the project will be 'all encompassing' and last for about 2+ year. Sounded good and I am very pleased to be leaving my current position in a poorly performing Telecoms co!

Jon